Teen Bully Video Fallout

Both Kids Suspended

3/16/2011 7:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's the video that has taken over the Internet -- an Australian kid, fed up with being bullied, viciously body slams his tormentor -- and TMZ has learned BOTH kids were reprimanded for their actions.

Australian Bully
TMZ spoke with a family member of one of the kids ... who told us the bully was suspended for twenty-one days following the incident and the kid being bullied was suspended for 4 -- since he was violent as well.

We're also told the kid on the receiving end of the vicious body slam did not suffer any serious injuries ... despite the fact he came off the ground with a severe limp.

Sources tell us the kid who was being bullied is handling the media attention surprisingly well -- and is "very happy" he's received so much support.

Violette-Blue

Bullies are nothing but cowards who need to make themselves feel better and more important. That only lasts until the person being bullied finally stands up for themselves. I'm glad the bully got body-slammed. He deserves much worse in my eyes. Sad that the other kid who had been bullied has to pay for defending himself. The bully should be suspended & his parents fined for allowing this crap to go on for as long as it did.

TK

Are you kidding me!!! Way to go kid. You should be given an A+++ for you effort not 4 days suspended. Bet that kid never picks on you again!! And if you would have walked away? Right he would be back in your face tomorrow. Sorry School district, but your wrong. This brave kid took to full on punches and some jabs before he protected himself. Bravo kid you are my hero....

mija

Oh I get it. It's okay to allow this boy to bully him but when he fights back, he gets in trouble. Good lesson to teach children.

Cooper

He totally nailed that little bastard......GOOD FOR HIM!

cochino

This, gottfried, and stern? This is the best TMZ can do?

Slow day eh?

Kid should have been dropped on his head so whatever is broke might get fixed inside.

Regulator

F..K YES!!!!!! GOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL!!!

anony

Unfortunately, that's the only thing that stops a bully--violence. Fear.
If teachers can't--or won't--intervene, you have to teach your kid to defend himself.

loucheryl

Good for you kid. Enough of this bullying crap! He shouldn't have been suspended for that. The bully got what he deserved.

Mike

Somebody needs to book him on Regis and do the rounds here. He was trying to be very peacful for quite some time in that video, kids got "True Grit".

sWOW!

I bet that kid will think twice before he tries to mess with another kid!!

Arr

That little tiny kid is a freakin' moron. The bigger kid tried to ignore him and then got fed up; I don't blame him. I think the suspensions seem fair. He was defending himself, but he was still violent and basically pile drove that little brat into the ground. That sh*tty little kid could have been paralyzed.

JLS

I know far more ADULTS that bully than I do kids.

Where do you think the kids learn it from?

Maddy

Howard Rocks! freedom of speech for all!

www.youtube.com/mydhr212

Log

ouch! His walking reminds me of when a baby giraffe learns to walk.

Roger

If that was my kid and he body slammed a kid like that I'd make sure he got on the wrestling team.