Michael Jackson Surveillance Video Erased

3/16/2011 7:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The surveillance video of Michael Jackson's home the day he died has been erased -- lost forever, because the LAPD never knew MJ's death would turn into a criminal case.

0315_mj_house_celebrityhomephotos_lapd_mj_tmz_ex

TMZ broke the story ... the LAPD only copied 4 minutes of footage from the surveillance videos trained on Michael's house the day he died.  The video shows Jackson coming home from rehearsal at around 12:30 AM.

Dr. Conrad Murray's lawyers will ask a judge today to order authorities to turn over the nearly 24 hours of surveillance video surrounding MJ's death.

But here's what we found out.  The tape recirculates every 24 hours, and when the LAPD pulled the video shortly after MJ's death, the case was not a homicide investigation so all cops wanted to do was establish a time line -- so the only relevance of the video was showing when MJ entered the home.

We're told cops never looked at the rest of the surveillance video.

The video would have shown who entered the house and when, on the day MJ died.  It will now and forever remain a mystery.

Ulja

Who will be defending CM then? Will court trial take place in general? i start to doubt on this case...

Marilyn

You know what amazes me about TMZ and you people on here. Everything is a joke to you. For goodness sake. A man died,,,from someone elses negligence. Whether he asked for it or not . Where is the common good in this world. Where is the compassion from someone who lost a brother, father...Regardless on how famous he was or how many issues he had..He deserves the respect and the dignity just like any one else who passed away tragically. I pray that everyone on here who thinks its a joke get some kind of help…because all I see is contempt....This is a man who we loved so much, was so lonely and so sad because people would not leave him alone...you talked about him, you scorned his name...you made him feel like ****. You stared at him…Michael could not come out of his house without a camera being shown in his face…None of us are perfect,,,in anyway...we all have issues....But for the life of me...i am trying to figure out what is so funny about someone dying from an overdose of Propofol. All of us are born with a heart....where is it now. Michael lost his life...and someone is about to go to jail for killing him...How is that anything to joke about. Please show me the humor.

Tessiana

this is ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! total madness...it's either or...Michael is alive or Michael was murdered....

mysteria333

THE LAPD ACCIDENTLY ERASED THE TAPES ??? IF THEY DID IT BECAUSE THEY DID'NT REALIZE IT WAS GOING TO BE A CRIME SCENE WHICH IS UTTERLY REDICULOUS IN IT SELF,, THEN WHY DID'NT THEY JUST GIVE THE TAPES TO MICHAELS FAMILY,, HIS MOTHER,, AFTER ALL THE TAPES DID NOT BELONG TO THEM.. HOW CAN THEY JUST ERASE MICHAELS VIDEO TAPES,, AND IF THEY DID'NT REALIZE IT WAS GOING TO BE A CRIME SCENE ,, THEN WHY TAKE THE VIDEO IN THE FIRST PLACE ??? THIS IS SUCH UNBELIEVEABLE NONSENSE.. MICHAEL IS ALIVE AND THE LAPD KNOW IT.. THEY HAD TO TAKE THE TAPES TO CONCEAL THAT INFO.. I JUST WISH THEY'D STOP INSULTING THE PUBLIC WITH THIS NONSENSE!! MICHAEL IS IN THE WITNESS PROTECTION PROGRAM AND SENSE EVERYONE ON THE PLANET KNOWS WHO HE IS HIS DEATH HAD TO BE FAKED.. IT'S JUST AS SIMPLE AS THAT !! DONT THINK FOR A MINUTE THAT THIER IS'NT A REASON THAT NO ONE SAW OR HAVE PICTURES OF A BODY.. HE'S ALIVE !! PLEASE JOIN ME IN PRAYER AND PRAY FOR MICHAEL..

Ulja

to #129 Believers lightly concern it , (though some perceive hoax seriously still ), and else haters and some yellow press as well . Well , and some who writes posts here... Simply possibly, not everybody knows serious places...

toni

michael is miracle.
I love you michael from the bottom of my heart.R.I.P.

r.s.

Murray had plenty time that a.m. to meddle with evidence before
security was even called. Or was it Michaels ghost who broke the syringe and removed the tapes. Who gave Michael all those injections murray admitted to giving before the autopsy told
the truth?
Some one mentioned about broken needles, I think the person was referring to insulin needles used in diabetes.These needles are different, very thin and therfore breakable.Needles used for iv´s are much stronger and I have never seen any of these break.

Michael

This is the next evidence that MJ is still alive.

Interesting

LIES LIES LIES... but no way to to prove it. very clever!

chris lee

Ok OK here here i own a security company, and am I hearing that the "tapes" oh heck no, Tapes your telling me a multi million daollar home being remted by Micheal Jackson had Tapes, Recorded tapes have been out of the picture for years, looks as if the owner better up grade and if he needs that he can send me an email, I will sell him a DIGITALLY RECORDER, for a whole whooping $1,500.00 **** I can even up grade to IP video. And it would be lower then the monthly rent. Better hurry looks as if the place may turn into a last resort for the over worked over medicated Hollywood Stars! It truly is sad that these doctors abused their license and fed those drugs to MJ you distroyed his children you worthless pieces of ****! Take their Licenses.

Atlantarose

Unfortunately, I have feeling that the police never even watched the tape nor confiscated it. I wonder who all had access to the video?

Joanne

Liar you take the fans for idiots

Joanne

BBBBBBB.SSSSSSSS
The real jurie for the case of Michael are the fans
We know what is happen
not need a camera to tell us

joanne

Liar bowl **** all reasons are good for Murray
Considence Michael Jackson Surveillance Video Erased
WOW !! So strange like the rest anyway
Poor Michael I miss you

DCintheplace2be

UUUUUUUUGHHHHHH! THIS IS TOTAL B.S! Murray MUST HAVE paid the LAPD to erase the tape. He seriously needs to get his just deserts. Not by me, though.