Harvey Levin's 'My Way' -- The Music Video

3/17/2011 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The newsroom trashed him when he sang "My Way" as a dare on TMZ Live ... then music legend Paul Anka saved him ... and now Harvey Levin has unveiled his very own MUSIC VIDEO!!031611_TV_my_way_still

Anka -- who wrote the song back in 1968 -- took Harvey to the legendary Capitol Records building in Hollywood last Friday night to lay down the tracks.

If you like it ... or even if you don't ... you can purchase the song on iTunes -- and 100% of the profits will benefit two OUTSTANDING charities ... Pet Orphans and Ace of Hearts Dog Rescue.

Still, we gotta ask ...

nichole

Harvey you did such a good jod!!! Way better then Kim Kardashian!!! That's not even my type of music but I would buy it!!! Get it Harvey you did it YOUR WAY! WINNER!!!

Gwendolyn

He should stick to Kareoke night. Who knows he might win something.

HarryPalms

You go, girl!

Kathy G.

Oops! Meant "gripe" obviously...getting sleepy. :)

Cujeaux

Why did Harvey's video remind me of The King's Speech?

Posted at 7:10 PM on Mar 16, 2011 by Oliver

I know why. It started out kinda slow and lackadaisical, like a kid who's being fed lines while singing in a third grade play. In the King's Speech, the words in the speech were broken down to one syllable words with hyphens in between. The effect was similar. Thankfully Paul Anka (God Bless him) managed to get him to pick up some steam as it meandered along.

I'll buy it b/c it's going to a good cause but I'm not going to listen to it again until a good remix come along.

F all of the people trying to tell Harvey where the profits should go. Save the doggies. Props to Bob Barker for his effort and generous donations to save the whales.

anonymous

WOW! Very nice, Harv. I'm very impressed. Cool video, too!

You should be very proud of yourself for doing this.

SugarBear

Harvey you did it your way and it didn't suck I'm shocked. By the by TMZ has been really good lately your staff is really funny but that blonde guy needs a flea dip and a Lysol bath.

Lyonene

Harvey, you're adorable and I love that song. Great job and I'm sure our furry friends will benefit greatly from your patronage.

anonymous

I never knew Harvey could sing this well. I could never sing that good!

lanie

I liked it. I thought he did a really good job. And thought the entire piece was nice..showing him with Paul in the studio.

Sorry but I am a Harvey fan. I just love him.. but I am not biased - I thought he sounded really good.

♥♥ thanks for the hard work and entertainment, harvey ♥♥

BEE JAY

Harvey this was great. Your voice is clear with an innocence found only in those singing publicly for the first time. I truly enjoyed your song and extend my heart felt congratulations.
BEE JAY

BEE JAY

Harvey it was great! There was a kind of innocence to it that one only finds in those new to singing publicly. I think you have a very nice, clear voice; and this song proved to be a perfect vehicle for your debut. Congratulations.

BEE JAY

Demi

Harvey is so hot, is he gay?
Hope not. Hot Jew thing!

SugarBear

P.S. Holds up lighter and waves it slowly back and forth.

John dowser