Harvey Levin's 'My Way' -- The Music Video

3/17/2011 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The newsroom trashed him when he sang "My Way" as a dare on TMZ Live ... then music legend Paul Anka saved him ... and now Harvey Levin has unveiled his very own MUSIC VIDEO!!031611_TV_my_way_still

Anka -- who wrote the song back in 1968 -- took Harvey to the legendary Capitol Records building in Hollywood last Friday night to lay down the tracks.

If you like it ... or even if you don't ... you can purchase the song on iTunes -- and 100% of the profits will benefit two OUTSTANDING charities ... Pet Orphans and Ace of Hearts Dog Rescue.

Still, we gotta ask ...

Jan

Loved it...Harvey did a great job

Ollie

It was actually pretty good, better than any Justin Beaver song. Purchased.

HarryPalms

Harvey:
Thanks for not pulling an ARIANNA HUFFINGTON on negative commenters. What's an ARIANNA HUFFINGTON? you might ask... it's deleting any negative comment about the website's owner.

Speaks well about you.

By the way, I LIKE YOUR VERSION... I'LL BUY IT IN A BIT.

Angie

Harvey- BRAVO. This was my grandfathers favorite song. At midnight Dec. 31, 1999, my grandfather had a huge family and friends party to ring in the new millenium. At midnight, I passed out the words for My Way and the DJ played and gave my grandfather the mic. He loved that song and lived by it. You did a great job. Good memories.

Kimberly

Harvey! You Rocked It! You should be very proud! Congrats, well done.

HarryPalms

Your version of MY WAY is now a guilty pleasure. Good job!

HarryPalms

TIGER BLOOD!

123

Great job Harvey! You did a fabulous job, worked with a legend, and helped a charity. That's pretty awesome.

Joann

GO HARVEY!!! For someone who is not a singer you did an excellent job. Kudos to you and Paul Anka.

Nancy

You were wonderful!!!!!! Even your crew looked amazed!!! Bravo!!!!!

Jeannie

Harvey did a really good job. At first I thought he was going to spoof it. But he did it seriously, and his facial expressions during the recording showed he was really in the moment and bringing his soul into the music. I actually got a little choked up by it. Harvey has genuine talent.

kathy

I was in my kitchen listening and thought that Harvey and Paul were taking turns singing the song. Glad you did it Harvey. Thought it was great and showed a lot of guts that you did it. Your way.

Sad sad

I would pay to hear Jon Lovitz opinion on it.

beachgal

Saw Harvey on Jane Velez Mitchell (love her), great job! - so cool that Paul Anka hooked up with Harvey to do this..

Raiderfan

I think its great but its not available in Canada