Harvey Levin's 'My Way' -- The Music Video

3/17/2011 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The newsroom trashed him when he sang "My Way" as a dare on TMZ Live ... then music legend Paul Anka saved him ... and now Harvey Levin has unveiled his very own MUSIC VIDEO!!031611_TV_my_way_still

Anka -- who wrote the song back in 1968 -- took Harvey to the legendary Capitol Records building in Hollywood last Friday night to lay down the tracks.

If you like it ... or even if you don't ... you can purchase the song on iTunes -- and 100% of the profits will benefit two OUTSTANDING charities ... Pet Orphans and Ace of Hearts Dog Rescue.

Still, we gotta ask ...

jjb

My Dad loved Sinatra and he would have sung right along with you. Good job Harv.
jjb

agold

He did it his way. Everything Harvey does is in fact near and dear to him. Believe it or not.

Phantom of the Opera

Wikipedia
"My Way" is a song popularized by Frank Sinatra. Its lyrics were written by Paul Anka and set to music based on the French song "Comme d'habitude" composed by Claude François and Jacques Revaux, with lyrics by Claude Francois and Gilles Thibault. Anka's English lyrics are unrelated to the original French and Anka is credited as a co-composer of "My Way" because he largely re-wrote the song. "My Way" is often quoted as the most covered song in history.

Lacy

Harvey rocked that song!! You go Harvey!!

Hunde Haus

Well, there's 5 minutes I'll never get back.

James

Better than expected. When you think of the caliber of the song, in addition to when it was written I believe it could have held it's own during the time it was written.

randy d

HARVEY did it his way and i thought he was great!

Lori

HARVEY YOU DID GREAT! I'm not kidding, that took guts and you stood right there, sang your song and it was fabulous...I admire your doing something that most people would chicken out of for fear of failure...

I LOVED IT!.

Dianamc

You Rock Harvey!! Well done!!

MikeD

You did it Harvey ! Kudos ! It only took a Million Dollar Studio of course (hehehe). It came out well, congrats bro.

Mike D

Cathy

This video shows that you are a man of many talents. You did an excellent job, do not listen to the negative remarks. At least you had the courage to put yourself out there, let's see them do it for the world to see! Thank you for thinking of helpless animals.

ZB

Someone said
The best he can do is PET charities?!!?!?...seriously???...

I bet they are 'just' dogs to you to.

Well just so you know...it being for a PET charity is the reason I am going to buy it.

Harvey for an amateur I think it was awesome...and you get a ton of extra points for having the man bits to put yourself out there like that. Add the pet charities...seriously man...soon I have going to have to give you a ton of respect if you keep it up ;)

Jeremy Dickman

Harvey, I'm a 40yr. old bodybuilder in AZ. I'm no ***** at all, but that brought tears to my eyes. My dad passed away after Christmas of 08 in WI. I missed him passing and his cremation, his favorite song was, MY WAY, from ol'blue eyes himself. In his last words he tried to sing a few notes from MY WAY, to describe how he lived his life. And after hearing that song again, he lived his life to that song, well done, Harvey! Loved, that remake of a great song, thank you, for making me smile and think of my father again.

becky

I still have a smile on my face!! Thanks Harvey.

Cameron Darby

Harvey, I have to say, I was surprisingly shocked. That was absolutely awesome! What passion. You actually made me cry. Great job from one attorney who loves singing to another.