Harvey Levin's 'My Way' -- The Music Video

3/17/2011 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The newsroom trashed him when he sang "My Way" as a dare on TMZ Live ... then music legend Paul Anka saved him ... and now Harvey Levin has unveiled his very own MUSIC VIDEO!!031611_TV_my_way_still

Anka -- who wrote the song back in 1968 -- took Harvey to the legendary Capitol Records building in Hollywood last Friday night to lay down the tracks.

If you like it ... or even if you don't ... you can purchase the song on iTunes -- and 100% of the profits will benefit two OUTSTANDING charities ... Pet Orphans and Ace of Hearts Dog Rescue.

Still, we gotta ask ...

Rachael

I have never liked this song, but I will do anything to help out puppies! :)

Chia

Really good job. This song is very moving and Harvey did it justice. Congrats, it took nerve to record it and put it out there. Inspiration to those who are scared. Sometimes you just need one person to believe in you.

Haters go away.

Lahoria Caramel

Just FYI.. Paul Anka didn't write "My Way" he just bought the right to the song for almost nothing which was a VERY smart business move.

shawn

i'm not even going to listen to it. there are starving children in the world, in your own city for that matter, and you are donating to a bunch of flea bag muts. you call those outstanding charities.

Davey Boy

Awesome job. You did great.

ahhah

Not bad-you project vulnerable really well. Now you can change the end of the show and say I'm a singer.

Chia

PS, you should give the person who asked you guys to sing credit (if they want it).

PSS, 'Who would you rather' between Harvey and Paul.

MDK

It's $1.29 on iTunes but $0.99 on Amazon. I assume that while you'll save $0.30 none of the proceeds will go to the charities. Maybe some clarification on TMZ Live tomorrow as to whether the proceeds go to charities no matter where you buy it or if it's got to be off iTunes.

Sue

Harvey: You killed it for an amateur! BTW, love, love, love your TMZ gang.

Karen

I was impressed Harvey!Not bad

Ann

Nicely done.

Ann

WELL DONE HARV!!!!! Loved it. Great job. Good voice. Touching that you want proceeds to go to help the animals. Hats off to you and Mr. Anka!

May

OMG, that was BEAUTIFUL!! Great job!

Kathy G.

FABULOUS JOB, Harvey. Made me CRY! (in a good way) Congrats on doing it "your way" and to Paul Anka for recognizing an opportunity to help out your charity (YOUR recording, YOUR CHOICE of charity -- no need for anyone to grip -- record your own song!)

nichole

Harvey you did such a good jod!!! Way better then Kim Kardashian!!! That's not even my type of music but I would buy it!!! Get it Harvey you did it YOUR WAY! WINNER!!!