Lindsay's Jeweler

Shops Book Deal!

3/16/2011 6:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The jewelry store that was allegedly victimized by Lindsay Lohan has been shopping a book deal ... TMZ has learned ... and it's becoming a nightmare for prosecutors.

0316_KAMOFIE_BOOX_EX2
The publicist for Kamofie & Co. contacted Sharlene Martin, a literary agent, early last week and said his client -- the owners of Kamofie -- wanted to do a book deal.  Martin told the agent the necklace incident "was a moment, not a book."

Martin, who specializes in crime-related books, told the publicist, "You shouldn't waste any literary agent's time.  Call the Enquirer if you want."

Kamofie has already sold the surveillance video, and the latest effort makes the victim look so mercenary, it could jeopardize the prosecutor's case.

UPDATE: A rep for Kamofie & Co. tells us, "We have no book deal pending."

Meme

@ jwoolman 100

Yes I saw they were asked repeatedly for the tape but if it were me (and maybe this is why I don't understand them) I would say "No, criminal case, wait for the trial".

I still don't understand why they had it seeing as it's evidence for a possible trial, it really should be out of bounds until afterwards.

As I said in the post you're referring to (or maybe another one after) I think she stole the necklace. But all this stuff just taints the jury pool (and gives Nicole an orgasm) and there's going to be people called, as evidenced here, who are going to question the stores motives, never mind that they were the ones that got stolen off.

Personally I take no notice of the quotes of the worth of the necklace. Everyone who sent in a quote, just like us, saw the arse end of it. As far as I know there's been no photo of the actual necklace front. The defenders have all jumped on the "it's so thin, it couldn't hold that many carats" when there's plenty of photos of celebs wearing multiple carats on a "thin" necklace. I'm sure there's a photo on Lindsay's apartment designer's website where she's wearing a thin necklace with big stones on the front.

Howie

Good luck to Lindsay. Hope she stays off the booze and the drugs, and doesn't steal anything. That would be nice.

Howie

@FUTMZ:"...by the way - Howie?

You said - after angrily berating grandma cracker about proper grammar and syntax:

"Have a nice day, you incredibly obtuse dumbass. Hope I'm not being redundant here, but what the heck!"

If you want to nitpick, shouldn't that last sentence have ended with a question mark?

Hypocrite much? Don't stress yourself out correcting that last tidbit."

Posted at 9:28 PM on Mar 16, 2011 by FUTMZ

Actually, you are wrong, FUTMZ. The last sentence was not phrased as a question. If I had wanted to phrase it as a question, it would have been a rhetorical question and I would have phrased it as such, using a question mark.

I mentioned that I hoped something wasn't the case and I exclaimed by interest in expressing that hope irrespective of any consequences.

I hope that cleared up that matter for you. It's incredibly important. After all, if we can't learn these things in schools, it's up to TMZ's posters to guide us, isn't it?

By the way, it's kind of silly to nitpick about something when the point you're trying to make is in fact invalid.

I'm so stressed. ROFL.

Why don't you let me have my fun with grandma? (fumes of discontent and frustration emanating from his ears as as puffs of smoke as he exits stage left)

grandma, come back to TMZ. Your grammatical transgression is forgiven! Peace out.

Howie

Oh, no! I typed "as as" instead of "as" in my last post. I guess my license to write English will be revoked now. My bad, as they say.

grandma, I love you. Not you, my other grandma. (sentence fragments are a big no no) cough, cough

flora68

Hollywood, you so classy!

Howie

I must be tired. I made other typos as well. I apologize to everyone for pointing out any of their typos and subjecting them to the derision I usually reserve for Gadaffi Duck and Achmadinejad. Whether they accept my apologies or not, I will somehow find the strength to carry on. The fast food franchise is waiting for me to go flip burgers and so, I must depart and contribute to society, alas and alack.

I wonder what the odds are in Las Vegas for LiLo's case. And to all, a goodnight.

Grandma Cracker

Oh Howie,
I do adore your royal forgiveness! Last I checked this was a gossip site, not high school English.

So now I will say "night-night" (thems verbs not nouns cuz I'm wavin at cha)

I heart FUTMZ

Meme

"There's no way in hell 10 out of 12 jurors are going to vote guilty on this weak case!

Posted at 7:17 PM on Mar 16, 2011 by john smith"

Why do I keep seeing people post like the jury is a majority instead of unanimous? It's a hung jury if they don't agree. Only Oregon and Louisiana don't require unanimous.

Grandma Cracker

Wow Lindsay, how do you know when it's really over for you in Hollywood?

No Grandma, how do I know it's really over for me in Hollywood?

When the big story that is going to save you from jail for sursies gets less hits than Harvey singing "My Way"

Vorlon

Keep in mind ALL Lying Lohans are addicts, and make sh*t up, to make them look good. There lies are ONLY beliveable to them, to US they make no sence whats so ever
Posted at 6:13 PM on Mar 16, 2011 by Nikki

Like the whopper they told about Lindsay signing with ICM. (Or to be more precise the whopper Nicolenabler (the coke must flow) sold ROL)) and repeated by Crack Johnny Redcloud here.

Anybody else find it odd that there hasn't been a peep from ICM about this development, or any news on Deadline, or any place else??? Clearly another Lohan lie.

This is rhetorical but why do these knuckleheads constantly tell these clear lies that are quickly or eventually going to be proven pure BS??? Do they know how desperate it makes them look????

Speaking of desperate- Lohans- WHY ARE YOU HERE???

Seriously.

The amount of time and energy Nicolenabler (the coke must flow) spends here trying to convince a few hundred people of FooL's innocence is ludicrous. (I really doubt there's anywhere NEAR 1000 different readers here. I Could be wrong. and if there really IS only a couple of 100 what a waste of time,energy, and resources. (Oh well it gives Nicolenabler (the coke must flow) and her brood something to do- it's not like any of them are gainfully employed.)

What does it say about their case that they're doing it?? The word DESPERATION comes to mind. (And not ONCE answering the tough questions. Nicolenabler (the coke must flow) just squawks Linnocent and Crack Johnny Redcloud spouts whichever version of the story he thinks will answer the question.)

Nicolenabler (the coke must flow), Crack Johnny Redcloud, et al keep singing their delusional nonsense from the same prayerbooks trying to convince everybody that black is white, down is up, and FooL is a little angel and will be winning an Oscar like they're handed out like party favours. They keep throwing that around like they're entitled to one. Newsflash Lilo- you ain't that good, never were. And I wish I could remember the name of one of the director that said it but he said you weren't willing to do the work. You were more interested in the fame but not doing the work.

ka.02

even though the jewelers are obviously dirtbags, at the end of the day, she still walked straight out the door with something highly valuable that she didn't pay for. textbook crime by theft. it really is that simple. case closed.
-the end.

Vorlon

BTW I heart Nikki.

Love the dispatches from our embedded reporter.

Be safe though, I'm guessing Nicolenabler (the coke must flow) is probably going snaky trying to find out who you are and as we know they play dirty

terry j vey

What information is going to be in the book that we don't already know?The store rep says no deal is pending but if one was offered do they have a book ready and ready to sell?I still look at this if I was in the store trying on stuff that clerk would have been watching me and the nerchandise a lot better then they watched Lindsey.Honestly I wonder if they had this planned the whole time!

Vorlon

-the end.

Posted at 10:37 PM on Mar 16, 2011 by ka.02

Actually ka it's not so much that she walked out with it, it's what she did AFTER.

#1) claimed she wasn't in the store
#2) claimed it was a loan
#3) settled on I forgot I had it on.

I have asked Crack Johnny Redcloud and Nicolenabler (the coke must flow) directly 10 to 20 times to explain how if she forgot she had it on why she didn't immediately bring it back. Nicolenabler (the coke must flow) only squawked "Linnocent" instead of answering and Crack Johnny Redloud turned himself into a pretzel trying to explain it finally settling on "She didn't bring it back right away because on previous loans she had leeway bringing it back." This is AFTER expressly stating "When did I sat it was a loan? She forgot she had it on." Pretty hard to take anyone in the Lohan camp when even the INSIDERS can't keep their stories straight.

Anybody else Nicolenabler (the coke must flow) has gone back to the "it was a loan and we neglected to get the proper paperwork" story???

Sad. Sad. Sad.

Keith walton

What a publicity stunt? Has anybody ever heard of the praise obstruction of justice or of the law? Here again us taxpayers will pay for this f*ckn b*ll**** again!!!