Lindsay's Jeweler

Shops Book Deal!

3/16/2011 6:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The jewelry store that was allegedly victimized by Lindsay Lohan has been shopping a book deal ... TMZ has learned ... and it's becoming a nightmare for prosecutors.

0316_KAMOFIE_BOOX_EX2
The publicist for Kamofie & Co. contacted Sharlene Martin, a literary agent, early last week and said his client -- the owners of Kamofie -- wanted to do a book deal.  Martin told the agent the necklace incident "was a moment, not a book."

Martin, who specializes in crime-related books, told the publicist, "You shouldn't waste any literary agent's time.  Call the Enquirer if you want."

Kamofie has already sold the surveillance video, and the latest effort makes the victim look so mercenary, it could jeopardize the prosecutor's case.

UPDATE: A rep for Kamofie & Co. tells us, "We have no book deal pending."

Vorlon

Hate to be the one to tell you this Keith-nothing the store has done can be classified as obstruction.

You think if there was anything unlawful about the store selling the video the DA wouldn't have come down on the store like a ton of bricks??? If there was something illegal at the very LEAST there would have been hearing in front of a judge with both sides arguing why the video should or should not be sold. I'm assuming you noticed said hearing did NOT take place?

The Lohan Clan and Excuse Company really hates it when you bat their innuendo down with logic.

ka.02

even though the jewelers are obviously dirtbags, at the end of the day, she still walked straight out the door with something highly valuable that she didn't pay for. textbook crime by theft. it really is that simple. case closed.
-the end.

Posted at 10:37 PM on Mar 16, 2011 by ka.02

Actually ka it's not so much that she walked out with it, it's what she did AFTER.

#1) claimed she wasn't in the store
#2) claimed it was a loan
#3) settled on I forgot I had it on.

I have asked Crack Johnny Redcloud and Nicolenabler (the coke must flow) directly 10 to 20 times to explain how if she forgot she had it on why she didn't immediately bring it back. Nicolenabler (the coke must flow) only squawked "Linnocent" instead of answering and Crack Johnny Redloud turned himself into a pretzel trying to explain it finally settling on "She didn't bring it back right away because on previous loans she had leeway bringing it back." This is AFTER expressly stating "When did I sat it was a loan? She forgot she had it on." Pretty hard to take anyone in the Lohan camp when even the INSIDERS can't keep their stories straight.

Anybody else Nicolenabler (the coke must flow) has gone back to the "it was a loan and we neglected to get the proper paperwork" story???

Sad. Sad. Sad.

Posted at 10:53 PM on Mar 16, 2011 by Vorlon

theft is defined as the wrongful taking/carrying away of property of another w/o payment or arrangement. reason matters not. i don't disagree with you, but your statement on her given claims or cir***stances is an afterthought. what i said was basic, true, & it stands.
not something worthy of picking apart lol. goodnight. kimberley anne.

Ivan in Phoenix

It would be very interesting if TMZ would tell us how many of these comments come from the same IP addresses. I think LiLo and her mom are getting all their friends to post comments about Kamofie. We'll have to see if a book really does come out - all 10 pages of it... I call BS and I think this is a planted story to try and influence a jury pool if this does go to trial. Plus, it wreaks of desperation on the Lohan's part.

Grandma Cracker

Haha--the only scripts that Lindsay is getting are Xanax from the the corner drug store.

Posted at 8:01 PM on Mar 16, 2011 by who-me

Xanax and Adderall/accidental overdose much? yikes....add Dina's coke flow and pa-pow...

Honest.Chick_83

This store was out to get Lindsay..I bet they "forgot" about the necklace she still had on, on purpose!!!

Californiadesi

It was all about money all along. Wasn't it ?

This is the last nail in coffin for D.A.'s case. D.A. should drop charges against Lindsay ASAP and prosecute jeweler (jeweller,I put extra "L" for lying)for filing false Police Report

Meme

Okay, after doing some CIA inquiries (I have the hat), I now believe this ain't true. I always believed Lindsay was a thief, as stated previously.

My worry is the world and his wife taking this as gospel which, I guess, is TMZ's grand plan.

notatowniegirl

I guess I should start shopping my tell-all book.

"Shannon Tweed Stepped on My Toes Once in an Elevator"

FriendofLindsay

I've been sleeping all day, did I miss anything?

dreamon

Nikki-Lou Taylor dropped Lindsay? Along with CAA dropping her, that is big news. Can't say I blame her, I wondered how she could deal with Lohan?

Vorlon

BTW Nicolenabler(the coke must flow), I REALLY wouldn't be crowing about your bread winner not taking the stand should this go to trial as that will prove to be a fundamental flaw in the case.

You think a jury won't be wondering why your little darling won't tell her side of the story? A jury wants to hear a defendant say "I didn't do it." They'll wonder what she's got to hide and what she's afraid of.

Problem she has is there's too many things that can't be explained rationally and a sharp cookie like Myers will rip the little druggie to shreds.

You combine that with the eye rolls, the smug little smirk, the diva attitude and a jury is going to hate her.

Lilty.

Sloane

are they "striking while the iron is hot"
"making hay while the sun shines"
"cashing in on things"

of course they are

and even though they may be copletely honest about things.. it still tends to undermine their credibility in a courtroom when plaintiffs do something like this

so LL's lawyer will use that to her advantage!

realitychecker

Over-priced jewelery that "stars" don't purchase, they wear on loan and either don't return or just outright steal.

Selling a video on the back of a troubled celebrity.

Selling a book dragging out 15 minutes beyond 15 pages on the back of a troubled celebrity.

I don't know if Lindsay stole this necklace or not; but, I do believe this store owner is not credible and is damaging any case the prosecutor may have had.

This store must be swirling the drain.

Pimpcessa

Would anyone put it past Michael Lohan to stage a call to the publisher, saying he was with "Kamofie & Co.", giving a fake name and so forth? I mean, really think about it he will do anything to get on Lidsay's good side, and this isn't exactly illegal, just unethical. The LowHans, always go into attack mode to cover up LL's dirty laundry. This would be sooooo easy. Look at how many people are now viewing the jewelry store with a slanted eye, and all is just hearsay.

But, nothing can take away the fact that she stole that necklace when she left the store without paying for it and refused to bring it back.

Judges aint stupid YO!! Not their first day at the rodeo Linds! And the DA and Judge have seen the tape and she's still on the hook and getting JAIL TIME FO SHO!!!

Muppet

Do these people not realize that trust is everything to their customers?? They are digging their own grave by putting this out there. They'll bury their business. Noone wants to shop at a store like this. It makes them look cheap and untrustworthy. I believe they did this for the advertising and the $$$ they thought they could get out of it by bringing more people in. They chose to "use" Lindsay knowing she's been in trouble and who gets more media attention than Lindsay Lohan. These people knew exactly what they were doing!!
Hope they enjoy their 15 minutes of fame because it's just about over! If I were on a jury I would vote NOT guilty. So obvious this store is lying and trying to make a few bucks.