Lindsay's Jeweler

Shops Book Deal!

3/16/2011 6:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The jewelry store that was allegedly victimized by Lindsay Lohan has been shopping a book deal ... TMZ has learned ... and it's becoming a nightmare for prosecutors.

0316_KAMOFIE_BOOX_EX2
The publicist for Kamofie & Co. contacted Sharlene Martin, a literary agent, early last week and said his client -- the owners of Kamofie -- wanted to do a book deal.  Martin told the agent the necklace incident "was a moment, not a book."

Martin, who specializes in crime-related books, told the publicist, "You shouldn't waste any literary agent's time.  Call the Enquirer if you want."

Kamofie has already sold the surveillance video, and the latest effort makes the victim look so mercenary, it could jeopardize the prosecutor's case.

UPDATE: A rep for Kamofie & Co. tells us, "We have no book deal pending."

Grandma Cracker

NIKKI....WAITING FOR THE PROBATION REPORT TO GO PUBLIC.
HARVEY LIKES TO TIP IT FOR HITS
TMZ ALREADY HAS THE INFO IN THE PROBATION REPORT
THE SECOND SHE COPS A PLEA HE'LL SING LIKE A BIRD
THIS IS GOING TO BE HUGE....

MY LITTLE SISTER IS AN ENGINEER FOR A RECORDING STUDIO IN LA AND THE STUFF IN THE REPORT IS ALREADY FLOATING AROUND LA. THAT'S WHY LL BLEW OUT OF TOWN

stef

LL's attorney calls this attempt at a book deal 'appalling'. No, Shawn Holley, what is appalling is YOUR CLIENT driving around, coked out of her mind, not once but TWICE, getting into TWO separate accidents while under the influence and then blaming and accusing INNOCENT people of being the 'real' driver of the cars during the accidents. THAT is appalling AND illegal. Oh yeah...so is flunking TWO drugs tests while in probation...and, oh yeah...STEALING a necklace while on probation (also a coat, clothing and numerous other things LL has stolen in the past) While I DO believe it's VERY tacky of this store to attempt to make a book out of this (as if it would ever sell), why shouldn't they cash in? LL does. She's been given some pathetic movie roles now...her father is on 'Celebrity Rehab' cashing in on who his daughter is...some moron gave Dina a radio show AFTER LL's latest arrest. They're ALL cashing in...so why shouldn't the store do so too?

Lisa

My brother is an attorney and he said that the jewelry store hasn't done anything wrong LEGALLY by selling the video or trying to get a book deal, but ethically it was very wrong of them to try to make a profit BEFORE the case has been settled. It totally ruins any creditability they have. It will not look good on them at all if and when this case goes to trial - even if Lindsay did take the necklace.

Nikki

Grandma Cracker
She also blew out of town because she wanted her Legging Line/Clothes line in the LA Fashion Show and they wanted NO part of it, she didnt even get one invite to any show or party

Dina freaked out! Dina has her back on prescription drugs, did you see her and Dina when they came off the plane all high and dopey

Lindsay had the balls to tweet that she just woke up and the paps were giving her a anxiety attack...NO her and Dina where high on xanix, why do you think Ali hides her face all the time?

Ali told my daughter she hates that her mom makes her take these pills

Grandma to much info tonight talk again soon

To everyone else DO NOT BELIEVE THIS LOHAN LIE!

THERE IS NO BOOK DEAL FROM THE STORE

Lisa

I'm curious about the probation reports as well. If it's so bad, I wonder why she wasn't cited earlier for a probation violation? Makes me think the stuff in it isn't that bad.

Lisa

I do believe this story. After they SOLD the video, I don't put anything past this jeweler. They sold the video of her in the store, what would stop them from trying to get a book deal?

Al

"I wonder how many vilent felonies and murders the city is ignoring to focus on Lindsays case. "

So as long as there are murders, you don't want to prosecute people who steal things? I'm very glad that you aren't in charge of anything.

Twilightstar

Jeees In the beginning I thought Linds did clip the necklace but I gotta tell ya, the more this goes on I'm thinking she was set up for publicity. Selling the video, the book deal and auctioning the necklace????

How in the world is a jury going to get through this mess. Linds should definitely fight this and get a jury. If she did take the necklace these people are going to let her off the hook by their stupid actions. They are only after publicity and $$ now.

tlcmk

If I were the prosecutor, I would dump this dog of a case in a hurry.

Al

Posted at 6:44 PM on Mar 16, 2011 by Lisa

--------------

OK, the story is true. So what?

Does that change the fact that Lohan had the necklace in her possession? No.

How is she going to explain that? And she is going to have to explain it, because there is enough evidence to convict her even without any testimony from the store.

Al

If I were the prosecutor, I would dump this dog of a case in a hurry.

Posted at 6:48 PM on Mar 16, 2011 by tlcmk

Luckily for the people of L.A., you are not the prosecutor.

Al

"Jeees In the beginning I thought Linds did clip the necklace but I gotta tell ya, the more this goes on I'm thinking she was set up for publicity. "

How do you think she was set up? If you try to describe a set up scenario in detail, you'll see how silly the "set up" hypothesis is.

Amy

When they say book do they mean paragraph? How stupid!I never thought Lindsay stole the necklace and the fact that these store owners are money hungry just proves me right. Lindsay should sue Kamofie&Company!

Al

Posted at 7:02 PM on Mar 16, 2011 by Amy

Yes, it really doesn't seem like enough material for a book. Do you think it is possible that the person who gave this story to TMZ was lying? Noooo. That can't be possible. Can it?

Lisa

Does that change the fact that Lohan had the necklace in her possession? No.

Posted at 6:50 PM on Mar 16, 2011 by Al
*******************************************
If she doesn't accept the plea deal, she'll take it to trial and Ms. Holley will have to try to "explain", unless Lindsay herself wants to take the stand. And then it will be in the hands of a California jury - and who knows what they will decide.