Mel Gibson Turns Himself In for Booking

3/17/2011 11:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson tied up the loose ends last night in his criminal battery case, by going to the El Segundo Police Department near L.A. for booking ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

1112_mel_gibson_EX_TMZ_04

Judge Stephanie Sautner gave Mel a week from his sentencing last Friday to go to a police station, where his mug shot would be taken and he would be fingerprinted -- all part of the process.

Mel went to the El Segundo PD -- near LAX -- Wednesday night at 9:30 PM PT.

Mel's info includes his age, 55, his weight, 190 lbs, and his height, 5'10".

0311_a_mel_gibson_in_court_footer

dunamis

Some of the professional critiques will find fault with the film but I think it will resonate with the average movie goer.

Posted at 5:49 AM on Mar 17, 2011 by Tellthetruth59
========================================================

Film critics find something wrong with every film. As all of us know, it's the fan-base that makes the decision whether the film succeeds or not.

As I've said before, there's strength in numbers, and it looks like that strength is showing up at the box-office to support for Mel. Now it's Mel's turn.

SantaFeJack

5'10" tall? Maybe if he's wearing stilettos!

Johnny Carcinoma

Racist, anti-semtite drunk.

He's no taller than Harvey. 5' 6" at the most.

Tellthetruth59

Excerpts from LA TImes Story:

“I’m Jewish, so that was something I really was weighing before coming out,” said Lainey Melnick, a commissioner for emergency services in Austin and a volunteer at the festival. “I used to love his work, but now it’s difficult for me to separate the two. I do think he’s a fabulous actor. In a way I’m sort of glad he’s not here so I don’t have to deal with that.”

After the film ended, Melnick was crying. “It was really beautiful,” she said. “I could put all that aside and was watching the story.”

Sandy Schwartz, an Austinite who was serving as a volunteer usher for the night, said she would never pay for a ticket to a Gibson movie. “He’s just generally not a nice person," Schwartz said. "Why do people continue to support him?”

But after the credits rolled, Schwartz’s position had softened. She seemed to credit Gibson with making the same kind of transformation as his character in the film, although the actor has made no public statement of remorse about the threatening voice mails or domestic battery case, and his attorney has repeatedly maintained Gibson's innocence. “I thought maybe this was his story,” Schwartz said. “Maybe there’s redemption and hope for him.”

Johnny Carcinoma

Mel's career is over, and he only has himself to blame for his recent personal woes.

- Team Anyone but that racist, self-loathing, arrogant, antisemitic, Holocaust denying, drunken, snuff-film making fidget, Mel.

Johnny Carcinoma

5' 10"?

Only in Hollywood do the police help you lie to the public.

Tellthetruth59

As an ugly, overweight, jealous housewife, I don't often get to go out, because my lord and master usually keeps me locked up in the basement, naked, 'cos nothing fits me.
But I've been saving all the money I can - I've been hiding it in my fat rolls - and I'm going to see this movie. My friends, the other fat ugly housewives, are coming with me. We're taking over the theatre.

We`re Team Mel, bitchez!

Posted at 6:06 AM on Mar 17, 2011 by Elisabeth
---------

ROFL!

Tellthetruth59

Posted at 6:12 AM on Mar 17, 2011 by Johnny Carcinoma
--------

Wrong as usual. Career not over. Mel's getting rave reviews for The Beaver. Sucks for the malignant haters but that's the way it is.

Puckett

Geez.... how many multiple orgasms is TTT59 going to have this morning over "The Beaver"? What a tool...

How much is Jodie Foster paying you to hype the film? lol

Puckett

Oh please the only time Mel is 5'10" is when he's wearing 3" lift boots! He's really 5'7" or there abouts. The only place he's 5'10" is in his mind.

Bri

@43 Let's see I will give him less than 6 months to violate his probation. Whether it is driving drunk, resisting an officer, drunk in public, which now means even in a car with someone else driving, jaywalking, or deciding to beat up another woman, with his track record he will do something big and stupid.

Posted at 5:51 AM on Mar 17, 2011 by honesty

What are you talking about?
Are you confusing him with Lindsey Lohan. He doesn't have a track record of arrests.

Tellthetruth59

How much is Jodie Foster paying you to hype the film? lol

Posted at 6:19 AM on Mar 17, 2011 by Puckett
----------------------------------

Just having a good old-fashioned case of the "I told ya' so's. All that haters had written him off. I was right. Career not over. I love when that happens.

Tellthetruth59

Posted at 6:19 AM on Mar 17, 2011 by Puckett
------

So, I take it you've met Mel Gibson?

Swede

If Mel is 55 then we must be 25.

Nevertheless, we would be happy to share a cell (bed) with Mel!

Posted at 3:46 AM on Mar 17, 2011 by mrspatrickcampbell
-------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree!It would be crowded in his cell....

Puckett

He's only 55? Wow hope i don't look that elderly at 55! Nice of TMZ to use a pic of him from his thirties though! lol