Mel Gibson Turns Himself In for Booking

3/17/2011 11:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson tied up the loose ends last night in his criminal battery case, by going to the El Segundo Police Department near L.A. for booking ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

1112_mel_gibson_EX_TMZ_04

Judge Stephanie Sautner gave Mel a week from his sentencing last Friday to go to a police station, where his mug shot would be taken and he would be fingerprinted -- all part of the process.

Mel went to the El Segundo PD -- near LAX -- Wednesday night at 9:30 PM PT.

Mel's info includes his age, 55, his weight, 190 lbs, and his height, 5'10".

0311_a_mel_gibson_in_court_footer

gonesi

I read an article about Oksana. She was spotted running around the backyard with her hair matted, twisted and all knotted up. She was wearing the same face she had on while giving the People magazine interview of her Mel impression. Supposedly she was madly chasing leprechauns in a desperate attempt of getting the pot of gold. They out smarted her and tried to turn her into a frog but the frog leader opposed the action, stating "they would not participate in this ridicule ... it would be a condemnation of their integrity" Apparently, even frogs have standards and Oksana was too insulting to be part of the tribe. It was also rumored that she made sexual sorcery attempts toward these little men with pots of gold, it was "extremely frightening" said one red haired shoe maker who requested anonymity out of fear Oksana would make bogus claims against him. A bulletin of alert has been issued alongside a mugshot of Oksana. Sources say the photo is that of her dental picture with a level red threat warning. Leprechauns have been urged to take extreme caution today!

Posted at 6:43 AM on Mar 17, 2011 by M. Gabriel
//////////////////////////////

OMG! That is funny!

rg1

The film is structured in a very canny way, convincing you that you're watching one thing before revealing itself as something else. It trades on your understanding of the basic rhythm of Hollywood formula, and it sneaks in some really sharp punches in ways the audience won't expect.

It is not a comedy. Not really. There's too much that's too raw, too close to the surface, and Mel's character is right on the edge of giving up, right on the edge of total emotional collapse, and that keeps the stakes fairly high. "The Beaver" is not a comedy, it's true, but it is a deft exploration of the ways we struggle to express something as ineffable as depression, and the lengths we will endure to save our families. It is a potent reminder of why jodie Foster should have made more movies by now. And it is a strong beginning for screenwriter Kyle Killen.

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/motion-captured/posts/review-jodie-foster- directs-a-powerful-mel-gibson-in-strange-emotional-the-beaver

As The Beaver moves into its second half it gets decidedly bleaker, making it clear that mental illness is not something that can be cured with a quick fix. Gibson's performance is front and center the whole time, and deservedly so. His "Beaver" persona is spirited, but it alone doesn't get laughs. It's more sad than anything else, and the moments where Walter cracks through are, indeed, heartbreaking.

I couldn't help but think back to the emotional powerhouse to the similar Alexander Payne film About Schmidt. Comparatively, the two aren't even in the same league, but considering this is not a type of film made all that frequently, there is certainly room for both.

I still wholeheartedly recommend The Beaver — despite its flaws with the tone and its struggle to keep the story from veering off into the realm of stupidity. The movie is effective and absolutely heartbreaking, with Gibson being undeniably wonderful. I know the idea seems goofy, but trust me; you won’t be laughing. And for once, that’s a good thing.

Catnip

@Puckett
My apologies - I didn't realize you were there when Mel was booked. What is your position at the El Segundo PD?

Tellthetruth59

Posted at 7:23 AM on Mar 17, 2011 by Catnip
---------------

Yes, he seems to know how things work there. I think he's the janitor.

k

Why do some of you people keep bringing up the 2006 incident. Have you not noticed the number of celebrities caught DUI these days. It's staggering and scary as hell. I wouldn't want to be on the roads at night in CA for anything. They all drink and drive. Lay off of Mel. There are much worse out there and they are all ages. At least he's gotten help which is more than many other celebrities. Bar fights are another disgraceful subject and these young people are just starting out. Again very scary.

champix_o

RE: yo __ she lies as good as Ox _ she breaks promises as easily as Ox _ she pretends to have a 'real life' like Ox :))

yo = ox = DELUSIONAL LOSER!

----------------------
SAD BUT OH SO TRUE.

Posted at 7:06 AM on Mar 17, 2011 by yo
============================================

No, Midwesterner, you will not see me around the Mel threads. I have a real life and unlike you guys, do not have a need to frantically defend a rich abuser or help him manipulate others. Nor do I care what happens with Oksana's lawsuits. Have fun with your obsessive sicknesses, all.
Posted at 2:19 AM on Mar 12, 2011 by yo
----------------------

Curious

Mr. Mel is an actor, not a bloody basketball player.
Humphrey Bogart was short, too.
So?

Tellthetruth59

@Elizabeth - you're cracking me up today!

azlee

this is sad, all the way around. I hope the day when Ox's life falls totally apart and she thinks .....she knows karma just bit her butt.

How could you play this game Ox, you are souless, your eyes show it too. It is true what they say "eyes are the mirror of your soul" Yours are dark and mean.

Curious

Elisabeth -
ROFL-ing!

Catnip

Posted at 7:23 AM on Mar 17, 2011 by Catnip
---------------

Yes, he seems to know how things work there. I think he's the janitor.

Posted at 7:25 AM on Mar 17, 2011 by Tellthetruth59
***************
ROFLOL... That's what I figured. A janitor with height and penis size issues from what he harps on about...

Tellthetruth59

Posted at 7:23 AM on Mar 17, 2011 by Catnip
---------------

Yes, he seems to know how things work there. I think he's the janitor.

Posted at 7:25 AM on Mar 17, 2011 by Tellthetruth59
***************

Posted at 7:39 AM on Mar 17, 2011 by Catnip
-----------------------

Issues with Mel's wallet size too. Puckett was changing the trash can liners when Mel walked in and he spotted the huge bulge in Mel's back pocket. It must have hurt.

NICOLE

MEL

Oksana and the DA put you in this difficult situation and I'm very sorry.

She was not charged with extortion, her dentist, who didn't report the psysical abuse to the police, he didn't get even a warning + we still don't know who sold the tapes to Radar Online. Nobody makes recording tapes without a purpose.

But you are the only one charged in this story.

Something is not right in our Justice System.

Catnip

Posted at 7:43 AM on Mar 17, 2011 by Tellthetruth59
***************
Yeah - in walks Mel with bulges in the front and back and then... and then there is poor puckett....

Puckett

"@Puckett

Posted at 7:23 AM on Mar 17, 2011 by Catnip"

So i see, you where there and witnessed him get measured by the cops? No i didn't think so smartass. You have no clue whether they actually measured him either.

What i can tell you with certainty is this. In my 40-something years of life i've been booked into jail a couple of times over silly misdemeanors and they never measured me. They asked me my height. I told them my best guess because i honestly didn't know.

Police say i'm 5'9" because that's how tall i told them i was. My drivers license states i'm even shorter... 5'8", because 23 years ago when they issued it the clerk took her best guess at my height when i told her i wasn't sure. The truth is when my doctor measured me not long ago i was 5'10" barefoot.

The truth is the government doesn't give a damned how tall you are. They just ask you and that's close enough for government work. They don't care what the number is they just have to write something down on the booking sheet. Unless your some 5'6" shrimp claiming to be 5'11" they aren't going to waste their time measuring you. That's my real world experience. What's yours?

Your a tool if you think they forced an A-list Hollywood actor like Mel Gibson to be measured rather then take his word for it. Heck as star struck as LA area cops seem to be i'll bet they fawned all over him and asked for his autograph while booking him.