Nate Dogg -- Family Suspects Cause of Death

3/16/2011 1:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Nate Dogg's family believes the singer's death was caused by complications stemming from the two strokes he suffered over the past couple of years ... this according to the singer's close friend and manager Rod McGrew.

Nate Dogg Death

McGrew tells TMZ ... Nate's death was unexpected ... since he was making significant progress in his recovery from the most recent stroke he suffered in 2008.

According to McGrew ... Nate was "95% recovered from the first stroke in 2007" ... when the second stroke occurred in 2008 ... leaving Nate partially paralyzed and causing partial memory loss.

But McGrew says Nate had "cognitively fully recovered" -- meaning he got his memory back and was fully alert and aware all the way up to his final days.

McGrew just released a statement on behalf of himself and Nate's family ... saying, "We appreciate the enormous outpouring of response from all over the world. We greatly appreciate that and thank everyone for their prayers and support."

The statement continues, "We know that Nate will be hanging out with his good friends 2Pac and Biggie."

Nate's official cause of death has not been released.

OneNAMillion

Love the way u racist idiots hide behind your ONLINE comments, I'm sure you will not walk up on any one of us and state that same damn idiotic ****, cause u will get the brakes beat off ur ass, REAL TALK!

Steph

I'll admit I'm a bit racist, but I'm sure as hell not ignorant about it. @ Tea Party Mom, what you said was just uncalled for. You knew perfectly well what you were saying, otherwise you wouldn't have clicked on this article and had the guts to say that. You were just trying to start something, and congrats, you did. It's ignorant people like you that make me hate the fact that I'm living in this age. Just because you may not like certain 'colored' people does not mean you can disrespect someone you have never met before, AND someone who just passed away! That is beyond disrespectful. Keep your ignorance and stupidity to yourselves. Thanks. RIP Nate

gogogo

must be all the weed smoking

Lorri G.

I thought after the re-load incident with the Senator Gabriela GIfford being shot that the tea party went undergroudn in Alaska. God help us to be so lucky!!!!!! Ignorant menace to society, unions, christianity, and life in general.

NY2LA JAY

WHO CARES

Rochelle Glenn-White

My sympathy goes out to Nates' family and loved ones. He had a gift of music that touched many lives. My hope/prayer is that he and all those that love him are Saved/In Christ and that will ensure they will see/meet again when these earthly bodies give out. May you rest in peace, Nate !!!!! Blessed are those that mourn for they shall be comforted. Matthew 5:4

Marcella

@another Friday

That's how I feel about River Phoenix, Cory Haim, Belushi, Heath Ledger, Kurt Cobain and all the other dead white trash cr@cker losers who overdose and commit suicide, which is very common in your "community". Lol!
But hey, I don't blame you Geico caveman looking white trailer trash losers for overdosing and killing yourselves now in days.
If I were white and had a black man ruling me, controlling me, setting policies I must follow telling me what to do I kill myself too! HahahahHaha!

yeebsley

Tea Party Mom, N.O Lady, Dann, and Anotherfnday, you are all unintelligent racist pricks who are rudely disrupting good people both black and white who are simply trying to pay their respects to one of the true heroes of hip hop.

so lets leave the disrespect out of this forum please!

Nate, R.I.P. you will be truly missed. Your music will always be a part of my life

to all the regulators.....MOUNT UP

annabelle k

RIP Nate D! Thanks for your wonderful contribution the the music world..

interpersonal

I guess no matter how much we evolve as human beings there will always be ignorant, racist, disrespectful *******s trying to make themselves feel superior. Get a life idiots!

Lorri G.

We all , Whether yellow black or white, need to start quoting scripture and verses from the bible to the Racist Tea Party'ers, Im convinced 95% of them are "Never Born" or "Re-Born" Christians and know nothing about the bible. It is evident by the ignorance and behavior they(Generalizing as they do) display....truly they are not Christians. Oh and who are they to take the term Tea Party and desecrate the true meaning of a nice cup of tea. ICKKKKKKKYYYYY PEOPLE.

OneNAMillion

N.O. Lady, ur ignorance is soooo blissful! Bitch I am half white, just like ur president who runs u! I don't shoot anybody, rather it's old school, hands to ignorant faces who beg for it!!!! have a nice miserable day since u obviously dont have anything else to do. I wish I knew where 2 catch up with u, So MOUNT UP on that!!!! Now goin to go blast Nate FULL BLAST with my BARACK shirt on!

jannette

first of all tea party mom and timmy boy you dont need to call him anything #4 could have just said who was this person and what did they do to make them famous both of you RACIST ****ERS. and to dann being a blck mother none of my kids are name anything with a ////// Z X Q but if it was it would be better then naming my child bubba or bubby all of yall Racist ass people need to grow the hell up this is 2011 not 1916 GROW THE **** UP

interpersonal

RIP Nate Dogg...you will be missed.

TIREDOFYOURIGNORANTA$$

Why do you have to disgrace this man's page by making things into race. I swear some ppl write comments on these types of sites just to get a rouse out of ppl. Let the ignorance stop in 2011, geesh. @#11DAN - i think i know you and i swear that name you wrote is close to your moms, but you dont want share that with everyone huh, lol. #fail