Nate Dogg -- Family Suspects Cause of Death

3/16/2011 1:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Nate Dogg's family believes the singer's death was caused by complications stemming from the two strokes he suffered over the past couple of years ... this according to the singer's close friend and manager Rod McGrew.

Nate Dogg Death

McGrew tells TMZ ... Nate's death was unexpected ... since he was making significant progress in his recovery from the most recent stroke he suffered in 2008.

According to McGrew ... Nate was "95% recovered from the first stroke in 2007" ... when the second stroke occurred in 2008 ... leaving Nate partially paralyzed and causing partial memory loss.

But McGrew says Nate had "cognitively fully recovered" -- meaning he got his memory back and was fully alert and aware all the way up to his final days.

McGrew just released a statement on behalf of himself and Nate's family ... saying, "We appreciate the enormous outpouring of response from all over the world. We greatly appreciate that and thank everyone for their prayers and support."

The statement continues, "We know that Nate will be hanging out with his good friends 2Pac and Biggie."

Nate's official cause of death has not been released.

ruthie

R.I.P NATEDOGG U SURELY WILL BE MISSED !!U ARE A TRUE LEGEND OLDSKOOL FOR LIFE FOR THOSE WHO THINK WARREND G DIED UR MISSED INFORMED AND IF U DON'T KNOW WHO NATEDOGG IS CHECK OUT DR.DRE NEXT EPISODE ..SMOKE WEED !!!EVERYDAY ..WESTCOAST FOR LIFE

keke

R.I.P My main man Nate Dogg

Jesus

re: #15
how about "who was this man?"

Armywife

@Timmy Boy you refer to us by our name like you do everybody else. @Tea Party Mom have some respect if you didn't know who he was then don't comment on him. People please keep to yourself racism some where else and have some respect. RIP Nate Dogg.

@ Dann I'm a african american and my kids name does not start with a q,or a z

Ronita Richardson

The sadness of a life lived too short is never understood...
Nate..Thank you for leaving us with so much to remember you by. You will be missed by many<3

In response to the comments:
It's hard enough for Nate's fans to read the filthy Klan comments of our society's closet racists; I can only pray that Nate's friends and family are not TMZ readers/followers. Your face, lives, and words remain safe behind the shelter of your keyboards; however I'm overjoyed that the negativity of your meaningless and loveless lives will serve you far less than that of the "colored man" that you have so heartlessly disrespected. Ignorance isn't bliss, it's blissful to watch, as I know your pathetic lives mirror the disgusting comments that you use to derive pleasure at the expense of a human's life. Comments like the ones I've read on here make me ashamed and embarrassed to be white. To all you Klansmen/women and eligible Klansmen/women, I wish with all my being and soul that the children you bore do not grow-up harboring the racist views, that I know, you are instilling in them everyday... I look forward to celebrating the death of your racist views, as I truly believe there are not many of you left.
Ronita (Farris) Richardson

ace11

Time for the blacks to mourn him by going out and car jacking, dealing coke, or drinking 40's with guns

justsayin

"Why is this colored man famous"- Tea Party Mom

HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF GOOGLE? LOOK HIM UP AND ANSWER YOUR OWN QUESTION.

Jenn

Colored man.. really?? Going out of your way to show your ignorance? We can see you’re really an uptight snot and those of you supporting her should be ashamed. What should she say instead of colored man? I don’t know... how about "what was he famous for?" Simple and inoffensive, but I'm sure that wasn't the point she was going for. RIP Nate Dogg

DOMINIQUE

REALLY SADDENS ME THAT HE WAS A YOUNG MAN WHO PASSED ON. I AM SURE HE SURRENEDER TO THE LORD, A LOT OF RAPPERS KNOW THEIR MAKER. ANYWAYS IT LOOKS LIKE A LOT OF THE FOCUS WAS NOT ON THE FACT THAT SNOOP WAS GIVING HIS CONDOLENCES BUT ON HIS VERNACULAR HE DELIEVERED IN A TWEET. PEOPLE ARE YOU SERIOUS? DONT JUDGE HIM BECAUSE HE TWEETS AND DIDNT USE STANDARD ENGLISH YOU GUYS ARE SHACKING YOUR HEAD AT THAT, BUT DID YOU UNDERSTAND IT? I AM SURE YOU DID BECAUSE I DID AND I AM A COLLEGE GRADUATE, WHEN I TWEET I SURELY DONT USE STANDARD ENGLISH THATS THE FUN THING ABOUT IT, ITS A SOCIAL NETWORK WHERE YOU DONT HAVE TO CONFORM TO ANYTHING BUT YOU. PLEASE FOCUS ON WHAT HE SAID AND NOT HOW HE SAID IT.

#RIP NATE DOGG YOU WILL BE MISSED! MOUNT UP!

TruBlue

@4

Y b a H8R? R u a racist or just a race baiter?

john

to TEA PARTY MOM, THE tea party is obviously ignorant!

Lorri G.

I thought after the re-load incident with Senator Gabriel Gifford being shot that the tea party went undergroudn in Alaska. God help us to be so lucky!!!!!! Ignorant menace to society, unions,christianity, and life in general.

Heart2heart

@ #4 and #15 Wow! How about Who was this man?, or Who is this person? Oh geez guys ignorance is Bliss. I'm not sure if the person is racist or not, maybe they just did not know how to express themselves. @ #11. I don't think that ever other day blacks want to be called something different, I just think, (and this is my own personal opinion)one name is fine, how about our own name. I'm not from Africa, So I really don't like the name African American. ( I've never been), and being so that the majority of the Africans do not like Americans, why should we use that name anyway. ( I could go on and on about black heritage, but I'm not) The colors that god has given us is well enough I assume. Red, and Yellow, Pink and green, purple and orange and blue.Black Brown, whatever can we just be people! God rest your soul Nathaniel Hale a.k.a Nate Dogg you will be missed.

bama205

I only have one word for that tea party person. PITIFUL!

J

Yal do know that whoever put that comment up, #4, is doing that on purpose. It's probably someone thats not even a tea party person but rather just the opposite to get this kinda crap started.