Authorities

Close in on Celeb

Hacker Ring

3/17/2011 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Vanessa Hudgens met with law enforcement today over nude photos and video that were hacked from her Gmail account, and TMZ has learned authorities believe as many as 50 other celebrities may be victims as well.

media-removed-tmz
Sources tell us ... the FBI is conducting a wide-ranging investigation into a ring of hackers, and agents believe all 50 celebs trace back to one person -- possibly the ringleader.

Sources say one of the other celebs is Scarlett Johansson, who had a nude picture hacked from her iPhone.

The ring has been hocking some of the photos and video to various Internet sites and others, but we're told the primary motivation is not money -- it's the thrill of hacking.

will

i agree with num 1

thestupid

Blame Gmail NOT Venessa. Im in IT and I would trust the damn thing too! Im not a celeb so no one is looking for my photos but Gmail is just as good as any other email service regarding security for the general public.
Now..... where can I see these photos? She is SMOKING hot! Hell of a lot nicer than that Kunis chick

Fat Mike

What's the bet it's that paedophile ring on 4chan operating under the name Anonymous.
I'd bet my house on it. Not that any of those guys would want my house, it doesn't have a mom and a basement.

Captain Obvious

Posted at 2:06 AM on Mar 17, 2011 by Magic Johnson

I agree what you all those hackers from the past have been connected to 4chan like Palin's hacker.I wonder why that site is still up?

richard_nixon69

if i'm the investigator i want to see all the evidence, i need to check Scarlett Johansson box for clues

James

I hope they were able to get some sexy pics of Jennifer Love Hewitt. I've been dying to see her boobs for years.

Brigham Young

Well goody-goody gum drops!

janet

Have to do better then that. Private photos... Why in the first place would they be taken? Oh, that's right so they can be leaked to the internet. What a surprise.

Anony Moose

@James

Touche. I'm sure they are nice.

smb

DUH! Then don't take nude pics. Stupid kids.

littlerhino

shame, i feel so sorry for you Americans, because of her very loose actions with these photos, instead of the cops time being used to solve actual crimes and tax payers money being used for useful things, huge amounts of resources will be spent to make life easier for this pampers brat...and you will be paying for this.

JLS

Why oh why would ANY celeb take nude pics of themselves and stick them on their phone?

This is yet another silly story here. She shouldn't have take the pics to begin with.

Oval Beach

...and at what point in time will these celebrities realize that nothing is safe where the internet is concerned? If you are going to snap a pic or two of your who-who...you should know that it just might end up on TMZ.

rachel

Bloody hell, most people have had naked pics took of themselves, but that doesnt give other people the right to hack into their account and circulate them around the web. Yeah, she should have kept them more private but why is everyone blaming Vanessa, its up to her what she does in her life and it doesnt make her a whore!

Truth