Oksana Grigorieva Settles With First Lawyer

3/18/2011 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Oksana Grigorieva and her very first lawyer settled their legal dispute over fees, TMZ has learned.

1123-oksana-eric-george-ex-getty-tmz

Eric George, a prominent Beverly Hills attorney, scored a $15 million settlement last May for Oksana in her custody dispute with Mel Gibson. Oksana later disavowed the settlement, but George claimed he had sealed the deal and was entitled to his 10% fee.

George's firm and Oksana have been fighting it out in arbitration, but we've learned the case settled Thursday. George and Daniel Horowitz, Oksana's current lawyer, tell TMZ, George and Oksana "have in good faith resolved all matters between them and will proceed cooperatively in the future."

The financial terms of the settlement are under wraps.

KM

Wonder how much of the bill the DA footed...this is so dirty...I know many people settle with an attorney for costs but coming on the heels of the DA not charging her sounds fishy to me!

KM

Zooma's article is the first media blitz for Ox to garner sympathy and flood the public with her biased accounts of what happened all to prove her defamation case....just watch...we will be seeing lots more....and it goes both ways...I feel sorry for Robyn, Hanna and William....hold on to your seats because the stories will start flowing about them, typical scare tactic too, get them to pay up for her silence...makes me sick!...Nasty Skank

Curious

Why would Mrs. Ludmilla need to return to the States?

Nice that they can afford the airfare back and forth.

Shuffle Demon

Posted at 7:03 AM on Mar 18, 2011 by KM

-------------------------------------------------------

I don't think so KM... I think OxSanity thought that if the Judge thru it out she'd be scott free of hgaving to pay Eg any money... but when that didn't happen I think one of her Lawyers advised her to settle, so she didn't get her clocked cleaned and have to pay the legal costs of EG's action as well...Hey this will be the first confidential thing that OxSanity side won't leak... wow a first!

champix_o

THG Story
Mel Gibson Moves to Strip Oksana Grigorieva of Custody of Lucia

Mel's lawyers argue in the court do***ents that Oksana's "false and derogatory statements" about Mel show she is not acting in the best interests of Lucia.

Oksana was not charged with extortion, to Mel's dismay, but her shadiness in recording him is beyond dispute.
==============================================================
Thanks Angelica.

Brilliant news that Mel is fighting the greedy sociopath back!

champix_o

Mr Gibson, Mrs Robyn Gibson __ SUE THE GRIFTERS, please!
---------------------------------------------------------

(..) Mel - easily suggestible people. Scandals and Oksana they did not begin on January 6, when Mel dismissed hands, but much earlier. Once Gibson announced his wife and children (married to Robin Moore, the actor brings to seven children. - Ed.), He loves Grigoriev and will live with it, the war began. In the press poured a dirty lie. Oksana pregnant.

Gibson's family has demanded an abortion.

Especially zealous in the fight against Oksana behaved daughter, Melissa Hanna and son William.

William said that to commit suicide if the baby is born Oksana.

But Oksana gave birth. Then the family has demanded DNA expertise. But when the baby was born - a copy of the Pope, - questions have disappeared by themselves. Then the wife and kids put Melo ultimatum: Lucia excluded from among the heirs! By understanding children, their father has the right only to work. But do not build a personal life ... Largely to a nervous breakdown brought Mel was the first family ... (..)
BY PETER CHERNUKA
-----------------------

Genna

Greetings eveyrone! :)

After that sham of a decision on Cooley's part, I couldn't come back with any posts as I was just seething over the fact that OG has not been charged. I knew months ago the handwriting was on the wall. I hope Gibson takes matters to the civil arena and counter-sues if she persists in this charade of hers and seeks damages in civil court.

Shuffle Demon

Greetings eveyrone! :)

Posted at 7:14 AM on Mar 18, 2011 by Genna
----------------------------------------------------

Hi ya Genna... yeah that was more political than anything considering the LASD thought there was sufficent evidence to charge OxSanity, but that's ok... Mel can take her to civil court and trot out the evidence he has there... her credibility ain't going to get her thru a civil case, nor will her lack of funds

Curious

On the upside, for those following events in Japan -

Sendai airport has been reopened, emergency supplies are being flown in. Red Cross is there. People are finally getting some food though there is concern about long term medications for elderly, drugs aren't available. But I'm so glad they finally got through with food and water at least.

Tellthetruth59

So General Grig's family is accusing the Gibson's of:

Trying to force her to have an abortion.
Will threatening suicide
Driving "Melo" to a nervous breakdown.

I would sue.

What is this business about "a copy to the Pope." Are they referring to "Melo," or DNA test results that went to the Pope of a Church that "Melo" doesn't answer to - the RCC? Did the DNA test results go to Hutton? LOL! Wish we had a better translation.

Tellthetruth59

Genna! I've been thinking about you and wondering where you've been. Always enjoy your posts. Nice to see you.

jayjay

Go Mel! Okasana clearly had an agenda. How distraugt could she have been if she did the Larry King interview and people magazine (with pictures in her nightie too!).She never cried once and she sound like she googled info on domestic violence victims before she did the interview so she knew how the victims felt. The pictures of her smiling without the veneers is probably the original picture the dentist took when she first got her veneers put on(she looks younger in the picture). If she was beaten she wouldn't be smiling----Rihanna wasn't smiling! I hope Mel does get custody of his adorable daughter. He's a great dad and Lucia deserves to be with the better parent!

angelika466

Greetings eveyrone! :)

Posted at 7:14 AM on Mar 18, 2011 by Genna

Hi Genna,
I think we were all a little surprised that Ox didn't get charged. If Mel goes after Ox civilly the only thing he will gain is the truth exposed. Ox is a dead beat with nothing and Mel knows it.

KM

Oksana signed the mediation agreement knowing that it excluded LG from the Icon trust. It is clearly stated that Ox knew by signing this that she understood that Mel and Robyn intended for the trust to only be for their children and that the Icon trust was being rewritten to clarify that intention, and Ox signed off on it, in black and white! ..... Mel attempted to draft a new trust for LG in the same amount that his other kids have, Ox then gave EG the tapes and told him if they want me silent there has to be more of the monetary for me! All because Glory Hole and "other experts" told her Mel was worth far more than what LG was getting. GA told her LG's 1/18 was worth 50 million.

Curious

Genna!
Hugs and belated Happy Drunken Irish Day =D

I would like to see Mr. Mel hit her with civil extortion myself. And defamation for the gun allegation. And invasion of privacy for recording him illegally.