« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NFL Star -- Roger Goodell Is 'Screwing the Players'

3/18/2011 4:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dallas Cowboys cornerback Terence Newman BLASTED NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell in L.A. last night -- telling TMZ, Rog is "screwing the players" by taking their money ... for his own personal gain.

0318_terrence_launch_EX2
Lockout, anyone?

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

John

As as side note: TMZ you can keep putting up more and more trash ads, pop-ups, "interstitial ads" and whatnot and I'll keep blocking them.

You want me to look at the ads, fine. Don't be "in your face" with them.

BS

emmers1017,

The players walked away from the negotiations and decertified causing the lockout. Which by the way is the same "tactic" they used the last time meaning the decertification is also a sham and negotiating in bad faith. I have no sympathy for the owners or players but I am not naive enough to side with the players.

John

Crap, Mighty, you found me out.

Go Shane Falco!

BS

MightyMad

Maybe you need to recheck those numbers since that was the original offer since this last CBA was ended. That is no longer the number if you follow along what is going on.

Also, the Packers numbers are out there. Their profits are vanishing. Soon they will be bankrupt if the last CBA would of continued.

Again, owners can be aholes but the players are no saints either.

MooseNJ

Attn: Mr. Newman and Peterson, if you want the big money in the NFL, BUY your OWN TEAM! If not, Shut Up, you are an EMPLOYEE.

BS

MightyMad
My apologizes, I thought you were siding with the players.

I say to heck with both of them. Now is the time for Vince McMahon to restart the XFL. I'll watch it this time! I promise.

emmers1017

The owners TWO Years ago made a deal with TV networks to receive 4 BILLION dollars in revenue this year if this was a lockout... The NFL asked the judge to NOT open those files, do you not ask yourself why the NFL does not want to show the numbers or files.. SECRECY, so the fan looks stupid for payinf the ridiculous amount of money we pay for JERSEYS with PLAYERS names on them.. We go the games to see PLAYERS not owners. Here is a GREAT article from an NFL player who tries to make sense out of the lies the NFL is telling people..

John

LOL.
Best idea out of this movie: strippers/cheerleaders. IT MUST HAPPENS!!!

Posted at 1:19 PM on Mar 18, 2011 by MightyMad

Why not? Heck, it works for Charlie Sheen! We all know he is WINNING!

BS

MightyMad,

I was thinking it was in this http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/13/making-sense-of-the-financial-divide-between-the-two-sides/ but I might of been wrong.

Wishes

You want me to look at the ads, fine. Don't be "in your face" with them.

Posted at 1:09 PM on Mar 18, 2011 by John
===================================================
So right, John!! I just wrote to TMZ 30 minutes ago about their offensive ads lately. I can't navigate anywhere on their site now without that ad for "Lincoln Lawyer" popping up. Gee whiz, Harvey - I know you generate revenue with ads, but don't be so freakin' greedy!!!!!

BS

"Again, owners can be aholes but the players are no saints either" They are if they play in New Orleans

Posted at 1:19 PM on Mar 18, 2011 by N.O.Lady

I got nothing. :)

Wishes

Well, I'm not going to look at any of the other stories today because if that "Lincoln Lawyer" ad pops up one more time, I am going to scream!!!!! STOP IT HARVEY - don't be so greedy!!!! You are going to lose viewers!!!!!!!

nate

The only reason someone would side with the players is b/c they haven't the slightest clue with the cost of running a business. Owners make money owning an NFL team. Considering how much they pay and the financial risk they take, they have every right to make money. The deal they collectively bargained was fair at the time with a booming and healthy economy. If you haven't noticed, that's no longer the case. Its common sense 101- when discretionary income declines, so does the bottom line. The players don't take any risk. Do their pay checks decline along with attendance? Of course not, they are EMPLOYEES.

Stupid People Hater

Does anyone actually care what these players think? They are probably in the top 1% of earners in the US. It's actually pretty insulting listening to them whine about money.

Pete

The owners are probably on the wrong side of the overall greed issue, but in the world of public opinion the players show their IQ's and look like idiots (From the "GOTTA MOVE BACK WITH THE PARENTS",SLAVERY,and the "POSSIBLE BANKRUPTCIES" comments)The union has to be cringing.....just plain Dumba$$e$!!!STFU!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments