'Friday' Singer Rebecca Black

People Want Me to Die

3/18/2011 9:33 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

13-year-old Rebecca Black says she's been getting hate mail over her overnight smash hit, "Friday" -- with one person telling her to "die."

0318_black_launch

Black went on "GMA" this morning ... and explained how she cried when she first started receiving the nasty comments.

Among the hate mail, Black says she received notes that read, "I hope you cut yourself and I hope you get an eating disorder so you'll look pretty and I hope you go cut and die. "

Black explained, "I felt like this was my fault. And I shouldn't have done this, and this is all because of me. And now I don't feel that way."

As for her next move -- Rebecca says she desperately wants to sing a duet with Justin Bieber.

Previous 15 Comments | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15

george

Her song is not that bad, i liked most of it except for near right before the black rapper appeared the lyrics before that could have been better. I dont think she is a bad singer like everyone else, i liked the video. She should not have removed it from Youtube, And she should sue for defamation of character the Makers of the Parody videos that make fun of her. The reason she is getting a lot of hate mail (and i bet it is from other teenagers) is cause they are jealous plain and simple, she should not apologize to anyone, and i hope she becomes rich and successful.

nicole

ur butiful i have a dream of singing i have a good vocie but u do to pluse ur 13 i am 11 just get over it and go on with ur dream

Maky

I don't like her songs because they are terribly auto tuned and they are way to simple but come on, you don't need to write all these nasty comments about her

Tristan

The song is not fantastic but that does not give people any reason to leave comments like "I hope you cut yourself and I hope you get an eating disorder so you'll look pretty and I hope you go cut and die. " The just plain rude and most people would be hurt badly by a comment like that. It would be much nicer to her and much easier for you to just leave a comment saying that you hate the song

Brian smith

I hope this bitch does die.. **** I'll donate the gun and the bullets.

Corie

She's exactly what a 13 year old should look like, a kid. Not some slutty whore. She's beautiful the way she is...she just can't sing. Maybe she should pick up a career in acting. Because when I saw the interview her normal speaking voice didn't sound so bad. Or maybe modeling, because she is pretty.

kuzmux

essentially hated like beaber, just more serious, and hated even more

maddie

this is rediculous! mmmmm, so sad. #KEEPING YOU IN MY PRAYERS

patrick

And She Committed Suicide

abbadon thompson

hey,
my names abbadon thompson and i just wanted say that i think your amazing even tho i never heard you sing or anything like that.....

Previous 15 Comments | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15