Robert Downey Jr. & Mel Gibson:

Double-Double Date

3/21/2011 3:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Robert Downey Jr. and Mel Gibson got together for a friendly celebrity power lunch yesterday, but it didn't go down at one of those super-expensive Hollywood joints -- they got burgers at In-N-Out ... TMZ has learned.

Mel Gibson and Robert Downey Jr.
The old friends found themselves out in Irvine, CA when the hunger pangs hit -- so they went to every West Coasters favorite fast food spot.

According to a witness, they each ordered a Double-Double combo meal and dined with a third person, non-celebrity. They were joined by a friend, who did the ordering for them.

BTW -- We know the pic is blurry, but we've confirmed  ... it's definitely them.

No word on why the two were in Irvine together, but we're told it definitely wasn't for a movie.

Curious

Question -

LASD has arresting authority. Could they not have just arrested Miss Oksana anyway?

fuddyduddy

hahahhahah @ "fallout shelter"

ya'll crack me up

Posted at 1:41 PM on Mar 22, 2011 by TMZgossip
So, crack us up and tell us what the three triangles are?

Posted at 1:53 PM on Mar 22, 2011 by fuddyduddy
...

it's more fun seeing what ya'll come up with.

get crackbaby on the case!!

Posted at 2:00 PM on Mar 22, 2011 by TMZgossip
How about a hint?

fuddyduddy

Question -

Posted at 2:03 PM on Mar 22, 2011 by Curious
That's a good question. But, the thing is, it would still be up to the DA on whether or not to press charges? The LASD could arrest OG for alleged extortion, but it would be the DA to try the case, or present evidence to a grand jury.

Confused

I don't know if you all remember the infamous Duke Lacrosse scandal a few years ago. The state Attorney General had to step in. The DA was charged and disbarred. There are still law suits going on.

Tellthetruth59

@TMZG - do the triangles have to do with the words Hilarity Ensues? I can't figure it out. Just tell us.

fuddyduddy

Confused...oh yes, I remember that case! I was so mad! I felt those boys were put through hell because of that 'ho'! And then Jesse Jackson stepping in and paying for her college education because he didn't want her having to pay her way through school on her back or on her knees! That really made me mad too, because there are a lot of good young women out there working hard to pay for their college education and they are not resorting to that kind of work. What about all of those hard working young ladies? Anyway, I believe that I read not long ago that the young woman in that mess was in trouble with the law. But, yes...that was beautiful when the DA was held accountable.

Curious

Kamala Harris is the AG now. Not much love lost between her and DA Cooley, I believe.

Also. Attorney Berk hosted a fund raiser when AG Harris was running for the office -

champix_o

Lucia, whatever happens, loses. In fact, maybe she's the biggest loser here.
Posted by: Nan | March 22, 2011 at 12:22 PM

How very true. And how very sad.
With a mother like Ox things can only get worst ..

Posted at 1:22 PM on Mar 22, 2011 by champix_o

Not really because of severability clause in mediation agreement, Lucia forgoes family trust (originated at estimated $10MM per kid) for approximately same bequest honored for her. Agreement only voided Ox's benefits in case of breach because the kid's not responsible. And if there isn't gross squandering, Lucia will be worth alot more at 30 than Hannah was because of compounding of interest. Ox is decidedly prohibited from management of Lucia's trust so all should fare well unless UBS is trustee deciding what constitutes "prudent investment."

It really was a $20MM settlement if you count $3MM spent on Ox's music.

Posted at 1:42 PM on Mar 22, 2011 by sugart*ts
========================================================

Yep. Sure, Lucia will be taken care of financially. Thanks to Mel of course ))
But what about Lucia being in the care of Ox, with her sleezy values, for the next 17 years? Imagine the inner conflict of the child. What about Lucia reading horrid things about her father or understanding/being told at an early stage that her mother was really a simple ho and a baby for $$ making machine .. Plenty to carry for a child growing up in a public eye. Ox will make sure of that - as in $$ for Lucia's news/pictures - her other money making venture .. etc etc

Confused

She got her degree and was never charged for the lacrosse case. She had an argument with her boyfriend, police were called, started a fire in the bathtub with the boyfriend's clothes in front of the police & kids. She ended up in jail with a $1million bail for attempted murder. Got out of it with child endangerment----House arrest. She may be on probation now. There are some blanks I didn't fill in, but basically that's it.

fuddyduddy

Curious...I think Blair Berk supports the Democrats, doesn't she? EG supports Republicans. I'm just going on memory, but I think that's what I recall.

Midwesterner

Posted at 2:07 PM on Mar 22, 2011 by Confused

_________________________________

I remember it well, and it took some solid journalism to help turn the tide. I hope Ms. Ryan and the LA Times have the guts to continue this.

And Harvey, can't you get a copy of the letter the LA Times refers to? And while you are at it, where is Ox/George's demand letter that Fuddy has begged for so long? It's got to be in that pile of stuff you collected early on. If for some reason it isn't, can't it be unearthed now with a formal request? It's not about family court. It's about extortion.

fuddyduddy

Confused...thanks for the information about that young woman. That was exactly it. She sounds like a mess...and a little psycho. Fire in the bathtub...

champix_o

Just heard on Medium .. a ****y privleged young man, although guilty, claims the DA has nothing on him and can only charge him with a minor offence. And still lose.
The DA answer?

‘Yeah! But I am going to tie your ass in for years! You gona spent so much time in Courts the bailiffs are gona want to make you a shop steward’

Wish somebody would say something similar to Ox :)

fuddyduddy

Middie -- I agree about journalism playing an important part in the LaCrosse case as well. It seems that I recall that DA was rather arrogant initially, but then in the end had the startch taken out of him.

I am so glad that you caught that part in the LA Times article, Middie, about the demand letter. Gosh, I just grinned when I read that. The demand letter will be very telling. There has to be a demand letter, because the mediated agreement references the demand letter that OG sent via her attorney; so there is one. It must be a humdinger if Harvey is working so hard to keep it under wraps.

Confused

I wrote TMZ early this morning --5-6 am and asked if they had any comments.

Previous 15 Comments | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments