ABC:

We're Calling the Cops

on Chris Brown

3/22/2011 2:03 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

ABC staffers called the cops after Chris Brown's tirade this AM to document the broken window in the building, and this could spell big trouble for the famous singer who is currently on probation.

0322-cops-are-coming-audio-launch-3
TMZ obtained audio near the dressing room where Chris allegedly took a chair and smashed a window, sending shards of glass onto 43rd Street.  During the conversation between the staffer and a glass repairman, the staffer says "I have a police officer coming just to take a look at it before we do any work."

Despite the conversation, NYPD sources tell us ... none of their officers were dispatched to the scene.

If Chris did indeed smash the window, it probably constitutes at least 2 crimes -- vandalism and assault on the passersby below.   As a result, the judge in the Rihanna battery case could revoke Chris' probation and, worst case scenario, he could end up in prison.

Onward

#203: "He obviously was provoked to throw a chair through window at ABC."

Seriously? I can honestly say that regardless of how provoked I may have been by people in my life--for a lot worse offense than asking me a question I didn't like--I've never been tempted to throw a chair through a window.

Being asked questions about your life is part of being famous. If you don't want to answer you can say, "No comment." Or "I'm not going to talk about that."

He needs to grow up.

Baylee13

Wait...according to his fans, his anger issues are a thing of the past and all of us just need to move on. Not so much.

Brown

Screw u guys, yall just HATERS!
#TeamBreezy

Suzahn

Why are we not surprised??? He's an immature violent punk who truly deserved jail time for what he did to Rihanna; he's an abuser that didn't change his spots. He's been nothing but fortunate that the public and the industry gave him another chance for a comeback. Yes, his many months of anger management classes really improved his disposition and paid off! People show you who they are everyday and Chris Brown did just that this morning at GMA. Disgusting brute, he should have severe consequences for his violent behavior backstage at GMA and pay the bill for the broken window. He learned absolutely nothing and will offend again and again.

Nikitia

Why? Chris. Why? Man you played right into the stereotype. So many people were waiting for you to mess up and that's exactly what you did. So many people wanted to see you fail and fall. My dude what were you thinking? You are not Charlie Sheen. You can't get away with destroying things and assaulting a female. You aren't Tommy Lee. You will always have to answer these questions and no one will ever let you live it down. You may as well accept that as fact...f'kin losers!!!

Dan

Its ABC'S fault.they should know that when you interview a "celebrity" you cant ask any questions that might contradict thier dillusional fantasy world that they live in.Where in reality thier nothing but trash with a little cash.

Taybreezy

STFU AKK OF YOU! your actin like you've never done anything
in your like! he got mad..so what! at least he waited after the show to let his anger out! instead of taking it out on someone else! so i guess the anger managment classes are working

Kim

Really people need to get over this crap with Rhianna. Can you imagine if you did something wrong 2 yrs ago and people ask about it everyday? I would be pissed too. It's over it is the past the court dealt with it just leave it alone

Christopher

I think people need to get over themselves.. I don't think that Chris brown was right for smashing a chair into the window, but what he said about Charlie sheen was right everyone is laughing at charlie but as soon as some other people make a mistake they blow it up he shouldn't be put in jail but he definitely needs to pay for the window

kate

Where is Danette when you need her ha ha what a joke

Paige

You guys are a bunch of hypocrites!Now if Charlie Sheen crazy @ss pulled something like this everybody would have been cheering him on. That ABC interviewer was wrong. He kept pushing Rihanna questions when Chris CLEARLY did not want to talk about it. How long are ya'll going to bring up something that happened YEARS ago? Rihanna got over it so everybody else needs to. Charlie Sheen has beaten his wives even tried to kill one, sniffed more cocaine than anybody but yet everybody looks at him like a hero. Ya'll all fu*ked up in the heads.

LUVn8life9

I think robin and chris brown should pay for window and next time reporter should not push so hard to get a great interview.chris was wrong for his conduct but..... he was at GMA to promote CD not RHIANNA!!!

flagship

Chris continue to say I want to talk about my CD and Robin Roberts kept asking over and over about an incident that happened over two years ago I agree he shoud not have broken the window if he did, but no one saw him do that

shel kaye

you could see him getting more agitated as the interview went on,I really thought something was going to happen. This guy is a thug with too much money and fame.He has no idea idea how to conduct himself,he belongs in jail,where he will eventually end up anyway.A total s***bag!

frankies mom

Good, I hope they do... they should. Who goes around smashing windows anyway. Chris.... please get some more help.