ABC:

We're Calling the Cops

on Chris Brown

3/22/2011 2:03 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

ABC staffers called the cops after Chris Brown's tirade this AM to document the broken window in the building, and this could spell big trouble for the famous singer who is currently on probation.

0322-cops-are-coming-audio-launch-3
TMZ obtained audio near the dressing room where Chris allegedly took a chair and smashed a window, sending shards of glass onto 43rd Street.  During the conversation between the staffer and a glass repairman, the staffer says "I have a police officer coming just to take a look at it before we do any work."

Despite the conversation, NYPD sources tell us ... none of their officers were dispatched to the scene.

If Chris did indeed smash the window, it probably constitutes at least 2 crimes -- vandalism and assault on the passersby below.   As a result, the judge in the Rihanna battery case could revoke Chris' probation and, worst case scenario, he could end up in prison.

Previous 15 Comments | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16

KimC

I'm sorry, but Chris is right... That was 2 years ago... LET IT GO! He was there to promote his new album. He kept trying to get back on topic for the reason he was there, and the interviewer kept pushing it. I feel badly for what happened between Chris and Rhianna, but enough is enough... let it go and move on.

KK

100% pure undiluted dumb@ss

shay

Omg! To me i think that he does not need to do anytime i mean yes he is gone crazy half of hollywood has but all he needs is some therapy in his life because prison is not that right answer for him!

RVlady

He behaved badly, and I am sorry to see ABC, and Robin Roberts, in particular, backing down, and covering up for him. I always respected Robin, but now, I hear her saying they want Chris back anytime, etc. etc. That is not what I expected from her. He should not get away with another blatant act of violence ! RVlady

RETRO

HE DOESNT DESERVE ANOTHER CHANCE HE'S A MAJOR JOKE , ,HE HASN'T LEARNT A DAM THING ABOUT RESPECT ,MAYBE HE WILL IN PRISON WHEN HE GETS HIS ASS KICKED
KARMA'S A MAJOR BITCH!!!!

Regina

Chris Brown went off at the ABC studios and broke a window. Not a big shocker there. All because Robin asked him a QUESTION. I found out that he is performing on DWTS next week, and I know for darn sure that this woman will NOT watch that performance. Why exactly did she apologize anyway???
This is so pissing me off right now. Yet someone else is making excuses for a abuser. She had every right to ask him that question. And the cops SHOULD have been called on him and his probation should have been revoked.

twilightmom

I've read most all of the posts made on all of these threads r/e CB, and I saw that no one had addressed this.
IF the interviewer had asked permission to put those questions out there r/e Rihana, then WHY did it seem CB was surprised they were asked? WHY wasn't he prepared to answer them IF he knew they were going to be out there!? Doesn't make sense to me, could she be covering herself by saying that she ok'd the questions with him prior to being on air?!

I don't condone abuse by any means at all, what he did was wrong. He has been trying to make a fresh start and is out doing promo for his new album.

The release date has been out for awhile, and I think his "losing his sh.it" after the show was due to the questions being sprung on him was the icing on the cake for him.
Here's CB ready to drop his new album and what 2-3 weeks before, someone leaks the police photos of Rihana again from the night of the assault. Then, a week or two later, nude video of him comes out. Then, the release date comes around and the person interviewing him springs questions on him about his life since that night. (he did seem surprised when asked the first one). He tries, unsuccessfully , several times to turn the focus of the interview back to his new Cd. That was what he was there for.

I certainly could understand how all of this could have just built up, and then made to feel as if your big day was just completely shot!
I believe he could found a better, certainly less destructive way of releasing those frustrations. But I can certainly understand!!!

He IS exceptionally talented, and he can possibly build that fan base back up again but it is certainly going to take a good while. People will want to know they can trust him again to be the way he should be. {o:

ak

Are you people serious with your comments? WOW other celebs are doing much worse than throwing tantrums in dressing rooms! I'm sure he paid for any damages.The real issue here is why he did it, the Rihanna issue should be dead! MOVE ON PEOPLE!!!!

po no

mrs Robert was wrong MR Brown answer her question 2t were we lookin at 2dr shows chris next time do Psalm 91 1-2 you mustcontrol you
hear my prayer lord

Phyllis

As a woman I think it is crazy that we overlook the actions of women who hit men when the woman gets the worst of it. She was hitting Chris Brown while he was driving that car and she deserves what she got. I don't blame him for being ticked off because no black eye or broken window should cause us to overlook such tremendous talent.

Uforeal