Chris Brown

Violent Outburst

at 'GMA'

3/22/2011 3:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Chris Brown exploded in rage behind the scenes at "Good Morning America" this morning ... smashing a window and storming out without a shirt ... sources tell TMZ ... and it was triggered by on-air questions about the Rihanna incident.

ABC sources tell TMZ ... Brown performed and was interviewed by Robin Roberts live from the Times Square studio when she began asking about the infamous incident.

Chris Brown Good Morning America

Brown tried to redirect the questions to focus on his album -- but Roberts continued to ask about Brown's legal issues stemming from the Rihanna incident.

We're told after the interview, Brown freaked out, storming into his dressing room and screaming so loud, the people in hair and makeup became alarmed and called security.

We're told Brown was out of control, and one source present tells us he smashed a window in his dressing room, and the glass shattered and some shards fell onto 43rd and Broadway.  ABC security tells TMZ ... the window was shattered with a chair.

We're told by the time security rushed the area, Brown had ripped off his shirt and left the building, blowing off another performance he was supposed to do for the ABC website.

And sources say ... on his way out of the building, Brown confronted a segment producer, got in his face and stared him down.   People from the show got in between Chris and the producer to defuse the situation.

Remember -- Brown is on probation for the felony beating and he's required to obey all laws.

UPDATE 6:49 AM PT:  Brown just tweeted, "I'm so over people bringing this past s**t up!!! Yet we praise Charlie sheen and other celebs for there bulls**t."

UPDATE 6:59 AM PT: Brown has already deleted the previous tweet ... and added a new one that reads, "All my fans!!! This album is for you and only you!!! I'm so tired of everyone else!! Honestly!! I love team breezy!!"

UPDATE 7:48 AM PT: Glass workers just showed up to fix the window.

0322_window_repair_TMZ

0322_chris_brown_footer

James Black

It's crazy how people judge and listen to rumors and assume they know the story because proof is in the putting and if it was so true right after the restraining order was put on him and all why did she have this same person pick her up from an airport a couple and someone twittered it, which to me shows there's some truth missing from the story ...about what really happened ...we will never know because we all weren't there..period...

mondo

Yo yo Jamica...sorry sales are through the floor, not the ceiling...your Dude ain't makin' it...where did you get yer info????? are you dreamin' or just guessing...Chris Brown CD sales are through the floor...America ain't down with your b*tch slappin' boy!!!!! Look it up!!!

lolA

Chris Brown is young. He beat up his girlfriend and he is sorry. It should not be brought to his face all the time.ha! am a girl

ilmart

I was honestly rooting for him when I heard his new song and saw him in a movie. I thought, "Maybe he will learn from what happened and be a role model for other young kids with violent tendencies." YEAH RIGHT!!! He wouldn't even acknowledge that he MADE a mistake and that he is trying to move on from that. I don't think Robin's intent was to stay on that topic, she just mentioned something that happened RECENTLY! A**hole. Jerkoff! GROW the F**K up already!!! HELLO!! I was freakin rooting for you!

Corie

I'm not condoning his behaviour but i can't stand all you judgemental types who think they are better because they know how to keep their anger bottled up. The guy made a mistake and he is trying to move on...give him a break and stop badgering him already. Let it out breezy, at least you only broke glass this time...big improvement.

sherry

I no people like this. THEY DON'T CHANGE PERIOD! They always think because someone pisses them off they have the RIGHT to get physical. And they believe without question they are right. The best way to help this guy is to not buy his records even though "you and I like his music". The industry and DANCING WITH THE STARS are aiding and abedding his behavior in keeping him alive on TV and in the Entertainment industry. SQUASH THE LITTLE BUG.Let's see how tough he is when it's a man. I bet he is not so TOUGH then. The little worm is a very BAD person +very BAD against a woman. No RESPECT for anyone who hit's anybody. BUT THIS CHRIS GUY TAKES THE CAKE TIMES OVER!

red girl

he just has an extremely short fuse & needs anger management,but the interviewer had to know she was pressing his buttons by pressing on about that old **** instead of the album!

Mrz.Chris Breezy

chris brown deserves a second chance

BRIANA GOLPHIN

I am sick of all of these Chris Brown bashers! I am a woman who has been in an abusive relationship, so I understand everybodies reaction, but there are some things that people are forgetting. One issue is, it takes two to tango. I have heard over and over again that Rhianna struck him first. I'm sorry, but if you strike a man there is a 50/50 chance he'll strike back! Another issue is Chris Brown was a kid! How many of you can say that you are not ashamed of something you did in your teens? And what if your teenage mistake was following you throughout your adulthood and career. I'm sorry but Robyn Roberts was trying to get a reaction out of him. Real classy Robyn! Keep your head up Chris!

Ally

Chris Browm is an AHMAZHING SINGER! So i really don't care what he did. there's always or usually reasons 2 something.

Reality

He is a demonic possessed sick in the spot light person that needs to pay for the crimes he commits like any one else would that is not known by the public. He and no one should be above the law. Regardless of who may get away with what. He looks pyschotic, and his energy exudes pyscho.

Reality

Tracie

this dude is a complete moron but also to go back to a comment from earlier....I'm sure Rihanna did some **** back to him cuz I've always heard that she hit him with the heel of a stiletto hooker shoe so I'm sure they both needed probation and community service for that **** going down. She just got the worse end of that stick tho...or ass whoopin! lol

MoveON

If everyone look at their own lives and see the F#@+ed up stuff you ALL have done, how would you feel that know matter if you done all that was sentenced, asked, volunteered, donated, or just because it was the goodness of your heart, PEOPLE still hold on to the that ONE F/U thing or NEGATIVE, what do forgiveness means? If Rhianna moved on so shall you!! OR GET COUNSELING I'm sure he didn't even know you!

Tim

I think everyone needs to get off his junk, the kid is still young and let him find out the hard way like most of us do in life.

Previous 15 Comments | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments