Robin Roberts

Chris Approved My

Rihanna Q's

3/22/2011 12:06 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Robin Roberts asked Chris Brown if she could question him about the Rihanna incident BEFORE the live interview began on "GMA" this morning ... this according to sources connected to the production.

Robin Roberts

Sources tell TMZ ... Roberts insists both she and other "GMA" staff members spoke with Chris before the interview and asked if it would be OK to fire off "a few questions" about the Rihanna incident ... and Chris approved.

As TMZ first reported, Brown flipped out after the interview -- and apparently smashed a window in his dressing room.

Robin is telling people at the show she did NOT try to set him up ... and insists, "I'm pulling for the guy."

As for the broken window, sources say no one in the studio saw Chris throw the chair into the window ... but he was definitely in the dressing room when the window was smashed.

UPDATE 9:19 AM: After Roberts left the "GMA" building, she posted on her Twitter page, "Sure has been an interesting AM @GMA. Still sorting thru everything myself. Just my 2nd day on twitter, wonder what tomorrow will bring?"

Previous 15 Comments | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19

jo

mothers do not send your children to his concerts or to buy his albums. when he's broke he can kick himself in the behind..

teri

I don't care for the guy but for goodness sakes everyone needs to let his past go. I'm surprised a journalist like Roberts would even think of asking tabloid questions to him.

netrek

he is a disgusting pig, someone please tell him that covering your body in tattoos looks nasty!

AROD

To All the People who are downing Chris Brown He did do wrong by hitting rhiana and destroying the dressing room. No one knows what provoked him to hit Rhiana and also Robin should have not kept pressing the issue about his past he served his time let the man be. Rhiana moved on so let Chris move on. and trust me i do not agree with him hitting Rhiana but this crap is getting old.

757nat

I am not a raving CB fan by any means; Chris has made mistakes. Yet it seems like he is trying to focus on positive aspects of his life and that was why he was a guest on GMA.
I feel Robin Roberts was disrespectful by prying with her questions regarding Chris Brown's past.
The first time he tried to get her back on the verbal path about his album, it would have been respectful and professional of Robin to back off. Yet, she continued to pry knowing it was upsetting him...lame.

D. Woodward

Ms. Roberts was horrible to bring that subject up. She started it, not Chris. He is trying to move forward and he can't because of stupid people like Robin.

Truzo

I dont like robin roberts as much now.

Buchi

You keep hating the right people..Robin Robert is just a B*tch trying to take a good man down.. all you haters will keep hating while you watch breezy's money pile up... holla @ ur boy at Fb......Buchi okosi

Den Den

Leave the young man alone...he already paid for his mistake. Why keep bringing up the past...Rhianna sure has moved on!! Go pick on someone else...A bigger star perhaps... why Chris Brown?? I'm sure he is not the first to hit a woman and wont be the last. He was so wrong but he is still human and we all make mistakes, obviously he is trying to do better so give the brother a break!!!

twilightmom

I've read most all of the posts made on all of these threads r/e CB, and I saw that no one had addressed this. IF the interviewer had asked permission to put those questions out there r/e Rihana, then WHY did it seem CB was surprised they were asked? WHY wasn't he prepared to answer them IF he knew they were going to be out there!?
Doesn't make sense to me, could she be covering herself by saying that she ok'd the questions with him prior to being on air?! I don't condone abuse by any means at all, what he did was wrong. He has been trying to make a fresh start and is out doing promo for his new album. .
The release date has been out for awhile, and I think his " losing his sh.it" after the show was due to the questions being sprung on him was the icing on the cake for him. Here's CB ready to drop his new album and what 2-3 weeks before, someone leaks the police photos of Rihana again from the night of the assault. Then, a week or two later, nude video of him comes out. Then, the release date comes around and the person interviewing him springs questions on him about his life since that night. (he did seem surprised when asked the first one). He tries, unsuccessfully , several times to turn the focus of the interview back to his new Cd. That was what he was there for.
I certainly could understand how all of this could have just built up, and then made to feel as if your big day was just completely shot! I believe he could found a better, certainly less destructive way of releasing those frustrations. But I can certainly understand!!! He IS exceptionally talented, and he can possibly build that fan base back up again but it is certainly going to take a good while. People will want to know they can trust him again to be the way he should be. {o:
Posted at 12 :08 PM on Mar 25 , 2011 by twilightmom

clcs

the fact that this discussion has turned into a 'black vs. white' argument is disgusting. anyone who has said anything racist on here, i feel so sorry for you. i guess ignorance is bliss though

Joe

Can you have "VIOLENT OUTBURST" on a window? I'm sure if it were bieber, the headline would have been "Vandalism" at most, probly just "he broke a window in frustration". Another example of the "angry black man narrative".

Ms. Angie

Robin shouldn't have. What else was there to say? That boy did not o.k. that., and he should know and understand the business he is in. TMZ and all the other programs that make a SHOW and big money talking about what the entertainers do wrong in their daily lives, you are no different Chris. Get Smart Chris Brown before it really IS too late.

Previous 15 Comments | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19