Robin Roberts

Chris Approved My

Rihanna Q's

3/22/2011 12:06 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Robin Roberts asked Chris Brown if she could question him about the Rihanna incident BEFORE the live interview began on "GMA" this morning ... this according to sources connected to the production.

Robin Roberts

Sources tell TMZ ... Roberts insists both she and other "GMA" staff members spoke with Chris before the interview and asked if it would be OK to fire off "a few questions" about the Rihanna incident ... and Chris approved.

As TMZ first reported, Brown flipped out after the interview -- and apparently smashed a window in his dressing room.

Robin is telling people at the show she did NOT try to set him up ... and insists, "I'm pulling for the guy."

UPDATE 9:19 AM: After Roberts left the "GMA" building, she posted on her Twitter page, "Sure has been an interesting AM @GMA. Still sorting thru everything myself. Just my 2nd day on twitter, wonder what tomorrow will bring?"

Samuel Smithers

Chris would tell her, 'I just want to talk about my album'. She would reply 'OH I know, I understand, BUT..' and keep bringing up his assault. LOL.

Joann

Why did he approve the Q&A about Rihanna then freaked out when Robin began questioning him. This does not make sense. Someone's lying but in any case Chris Brown has just destroyed his image that he was trying so hard to build back up.

Wonderland

Hmm.... Looks like someone needs more anger management, or a royal a@& kicking. Probably both. Loser

KATHY =( ^-^ )=

He still hasn't learned a thing....He needs to learn to curb his temper..That is why he got into trouble in the first place.. WHAT A LOSER... and HE'S UGLY.. yuk

SELF CONTROL spell it you can..

Liam

He's a freaking douche-bag. He rejected the question during the interview with a stupid tone, wasn't that enough? Answer the question and get over it. No, he had to go and smash a window. What an idiot, why didn't he fell off the window when he smashed it, maybe he would have learned something.

cher

"As for the broken window, sources say no one in the studio saw Chris throw the chair into the window ... but he was definitely in the dressing room when the window was smashed."

CANT WHITE PEOPLE READ, ITS SAYS THEY DONT KNOW WHO BROKE THE WINDOW !!!!!!!!

CHRIS DIDNT DO **** AND ITS THE WHITE MEDIA BLOWING IT OUT OF PROPORTION ONCE AGAIN, GO FOCUS ON YOUR LOSER CHARLIE SHEEN AND LEAVE BLACK PEOPLE THE **** ALONE ..THANKS !!

#WINNING ISNT THAT YOUR FAVORITE SLOGAN NOW ? LMAOO GTFOH

riol

I still have the impression that he was goaded into this reaction by Roberts and GMA.

WVUFan

I can't believe people still buy his stuff. I was a little pizzed @ Tosh for having him dance on his show. No room for women beaters in the world.

Dave

There's a big difference between being crazy and being a coward, Chris. Sheen didn't beat up Rihanna, you did. If you don't like the legacy, don't create it. "Why do people keep bring the past up?" Because you're face says "I beat up my girlfriend" and you choose to be in the spotlight. Simple deduction would show that if you want people to forget you're "famous" past, they need to forget YOU.

jen

set up for ratings......she got them.....old fashioned journalism at its best....slow week over at gma until this....

SaraBellum

Brown put himself there. He willingly PUT himself in front of the juicy-question-asking media. He wanted something from them and they wanted something from him. That's the way it works. If he can't understand that, he's plainly stupid.

e jones

Hey, Chris has a point, why does everyone love Charlie (or do we)? Well, there is one difference, apparently Chris beat the hell out of Rihanna and gave her a black eye, as far as I remember there are no pics of Brooke or other women (maybe from the 90's there are?)with a black eye, Charlie just gets mad and talks a lot of crap apparently but Chris beat the hell out of women, well there is your difference Chris.

Posted at 8:23 AM on Mar 22, 2011 by e jones
====================================================

You're kidding right? CHUCKLES SHOT AT and HIT Kelly Preston, his then live in girlfriend, in the wrist.

He choked out and held the latest wife with a knife to her throat CHRISTMAS DAY...

CHUCKLES is as dangerous as any of these punks, it's just that Chris isn't as famous, so he isn't forgiven those "minor" details like are forgiven for CHUCKLES and Mel Giblets.

Notice that I said I may have been wrong about the 90's? Did you not get that from my post?

lou

WTF, are the subtly trying to justify any violence on his part? So, if the question hadn't been pre-approved, it would have been OK for him to go completely bananas? No. No no no no NO.

Loser. Toss him into the pokey with Michal Loser Lohan.

kara

I would be more apt to support him, if he wasn't always resorting back to violent behavior. :(

Janice