Robin Roberts

Chris Approved My

Rihanna Q's

3/22/2011 12:06 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Robin Roberts asked Chris Brown if she could question him about the Rihanna incident BEFORE the live interview began on "GMA" this morning ... this according to sources connected to the production.

Robin Roberts

Sources tell TMZ ... Roberts insists both she and other "GMA" staff members spoke with Chris before the interview and asked if it would be OK to fire off "a few questions" about the Rihanna incident ... and Chris approved.

As TMZ first reported, Brown flipped out after the interview -- and apparently smashed a window in his dressing room.

Robin is telling people at the show she did NOT try to set him up ... and insists, "I'm pulling for the guy."

As for the broken window, sources say no one in the studio saw Chris throw the chair into the window ... but he was definitely in the dressing room when the window was smashed.

UPDATE 9:19 AM: After Roberts left the "GMA" building, she posted on her Twitter page, "Sure has been an interesting AM @GMA. Still sorting thru everything myself. Just my 2nd day on twitter, wonder what tomorrow will bring?"

SUN

Of course what he did was wrong, but I really dont think from interview he wanted her or gave her permission to talk about that... His career has never been the same since that, and what could he possibly gain by wanting to discuss this over,over again?? I think she blind-sided him with that question, becuase he kept trying to re-direct her to his ALBUMN, as he said... Its been 2-years, and he did his time/service, at what point do we give him a break? Domestic violence is never okay, but can we assume he has maybe learned his lesson? I would get frustrated too if I was trying to move on with my life and have people always bringing up the same topic. He seems childish yes, but he is still young- I think its more childish for a grown woman to go there for ratings, when he was clearly there to promote his albumn.

Meg

Well there you go CB defenders..... Oh well, never cared about him before.... care even less about him now.

Go Rhianna tho- most recent album was great:)

Mikey

He's demented. He's probable pulling an R Kelly and peeing on himself right now.

sassybeest

YOU ALL ARE SUCH DRAMA STARTERS!!! ITS ALREADY BEEN CONFIRMED THAT IT DID NOOOT HAPPEN... NOW THAT HE IS DOING BETTER THAN YOU, YOUR MAD. LEAVE HIM ALONE.. ITS HIS TIME TO SHINE.. DESPITE MISTAKES IN THE PAST, OR ANYTHING THAT THE MEDIA PORTRAYS, CHRIS BROWN WILL ALWAYS REMAIN THE BEST AT EVERYTHING (= #BreezyDoesIt

Posted at 8:31 AM on Mar 22, 2011 by Cmbreezy94
***************************************************

LOL! He's a Loser and LMAO @ him remaining the best at everything! Yeah he's Really Good at controlling his temper. And I found the pic of the boo boo on his lip absolutely hilarious.

jame

Ok, so he is allright to pitch his album on air but loses it if asked a question (that was already approved). Its pretty clear that everything Rhianna said about him is true. The guy is a monster.

CrashAndBurn

@Mikey

rotflLMAO... tell me about it.

Chris

Nice way to prove you're reformed you loser! Who you going to beat next you POS! THUG!

what a beautiful day

Chris needs anger management. He was doing so good too.

what a beautiful day

Chris should attend anger management. He was doing so good.

What happened?

TheHOLETruth

oh boy... here we go again with another Chris Brown apology...

"I am deeply sorry for my inappropriate(have to include that buzz word) behavior. I have done a lot of soul searching and prayer and have come to realize that I occasionally forget that I'm not in the hood and some folks get all bent out of shape when they see a a-hole, like me, being ghetto. I'm not going to make any excuse. I am very ashamed of what I did and am truly, truly sorry.

I know this isn't the first time you've heard this from me either, but this time, for reals, I will do EVERYTHING in my power to make sure that never happens again. Right, that's what I said the last two times, but I ax that you forgive me-please (sincere face, and a tear)... I know, don't roll your eyes, but I intend to live my life so that I can truly earn the title of "role model" [sexy James Bond look, directly into the camera]

Thank you, and that enforcement that was considering me-I just a little relapse, but you have to understand I came out of a home where there was domestic violence and it's just in my blood. But I've changed-PLEASE-pretend you didn't hear anything about this and I PROMISE you will not have to pull your endorsement because I had ANOTHER relapse. I have truly seen the light and the error of my ways. [eye's downward]

MIDNIGHT TOKER

chris better watch out or reggie miller will slam dunk him for being mean to his sister..
once a punk always a punk

CrashAndBurn

I'm gonna be happy for the next sista that dates this dumba@# cause it's gonna be easy money baby from here on. Call him biatch a@# and let him pounce on you a couple times then phone Alred... drain his punk a@#... lol.

two cents

Maybe chris should have asked that skank why she never came out to her fans that she's gay?! Big secret! Maybe robin doesn't want to talk about it? like chris no longer wants to talk about rihanna.

She owes him an apology. Who the hell does she think she is? oprah? geraldo? bitch, please. She's nothing.

Deana Pendragon

This makes me respect Rihanna so much more. She gave him a chance to fail at his own life by not running him through the last time. The man is broken and should have the word "violent" tattooed on his forehead.
When a dog bites twice they euthanize it. Someone should at least hang a bell around this cats neck.

ur boss

i love robin roberts she is a class act SHAME ON U CHRIS!!!
(by the way i saw u do michael jackson's thiller i thought in stunk)