Robin Roberts

Chris Approved My

Rihanna Q's

3/22/2011 12:06 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Robin Roberts asked Chris Brown if she could question him about the Rihanna incident BEFORE the live interview began on "GMA" this morning ... this according to sources connected to the production.

Robin Roberts

Sources tell TMZ ... Roberts insists both she and other "GMA" staff members spoke with Chris before the interview and asked if it would be OK to fire off "a few questions" about the Rihanna incident ... and Chris approved.

As TMZ first reported, Brown flipped out after the interview -- and apparently smashed a window in his dressing room.

Robin is telling people at the show she did NOT try to set him up ... and insists, "I'm pulling for the guy."

As for the broken window, sources say no one in the studio saw Chris throw the chair into the window ... but he was definitely in the dressing room when the window was smashed.

UPDATE 9:19 AM: After Roberts left the "GMA" building, she posted on her Twitter page, "Sure has been an interesting AM @GMA. Still sorting thru everything myself. Just my 2nd day on twitter, wonder what tomorrow will bring?"

Rich

Tomorrow will bring you nothing you dumb bitch. Why don't you respect people and their life. Chris was there to talk about his CD not his past. People makes mistakes in life. Let him move on.

Lewis

This guy is a loser. Pure and simple. His music sucks. By the way Chris Brown, your body art makes you look like a queer, not the tough guy you THINK you are.

I hope he and Charlie Sheen can spend some time together.

Julie

WHY DON'T THEY JUST LEAVE THE DUDE ALONE! My goodness, enough is enough! How would you feel if someone kept harping on the past and negative instead of present and positive? Not saying he was right for reacting like that, but come on, give the dude a BREAK!!

Jane

He is such a baby! But, a baby big enough to destroy property and hurt people. He didn't want to be asked about his beating down a woman and thinks throwing a fit and a chair to break a window is going to calm down the questions and the talk. He just added more fuel to the fire and he deserves whatever happens because of it.

ee cummings

good thing he attended those anger management classes. He might of really ...

Paul Lynde

Meth will make you rage like that.

me

RE: He must have something new coming out and want publicity..just like Charlie Sheen. Showing out to get publicity in order for themselves to make money. Sadly, they can't get an audience on mere talent, they have to act a fool to get attention.

Posted at 8:26 AM on Mar 22, 2011 by Andrea

You nailed it Andrea! He even MENTIONED Charlie Sheen in his tweet. He knows the sad truth, that even bad publicity is free publicity and it sells. He absolutely knew what he was doing and did it purposefully to sell his album, the Charlie way. By acting a fool.

DON'T REWARD HIM- boycott this POS album.

MIGHTY WRIGHT

why do you keep on asking about r.this is stressful for him.what if people asked you questions about your past.enough already.chris has paid his debt and should not be asked anymore questions on that topic.this is old news.move on.i will buy his new album.give him a chance he is young and made a mistake.move past it as for robin robertsyou covered this before and you even spoke to r.talk about things that are happening now.

Jordan

Chris shouldn't have reacted the way he did but at the same time today was suppose to be about his album F.A.M.E NOT about the Rihanna incident that happend 3 years ago! If Good Morning Americia wanted to talk about that they should have brought him on the show 3 years ago! How can you blame him for being upset? When he tries to talk about something positive someone ALWAYS has to bring up the negative/past, I mean he IS human! You can only push a person so far before they explode and then everyone wants to call them crazy!!Keep your head up Chris and I will be a supportive and loyal fan!!!!

J

So Chris, Are you still going with the.."it was a one time situation with Rihanna?" you are a classic tiny person with anger management issues, you are abusive and a danger...if you were a man, you would accept the questions and answer them. You beat the piss out of this poor girl and now you don't know why people want to ask questions about it? How many questions did Rihanna ask you before you beat the piss out of her??? how many will it take next time? Think about it dude...you have issues....serious issues, you need to seek help...btw, did you realize you might have killed someone on the street with a shard of glass, you total dillhole

C.Taylor

Robin clearly took advantage of this young man although he did rebuff her worthless, uninteresting line of questioning more than once. he has done a number of projects since that time that were worth talking about and she did nto address even one.

Now...Robin if you are the snake that you appear to be on this interview, why don't you just tell us because people are more interested in that than the length of your hair.

jan freitas

This guy should be locked up instead of being glamorized. Shame on you GMA for allowing his so-called performance to be televised. It was OBSCENE.

penny

WHAAAAAAAA,WHAAAAAAAAAA Where is my binky? BOOHOO Robin won't let me talk about my music!!!!!!WHAAA WHAAAAAABOOOHOOOO Everyone likes charlie Sheen better!!!WHAAAAAAAAA I'm a big baby WHAAAAAAAAA Doesn't everyone realize that I'm a bigshot!!I'm going to run through the street half naked, and break their window and throw furniture.WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Where is My Mommy? I want what I want, wwwwwhen I want it and how I want it. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Where are my fuzzy socks? WHaaaaaaaa.

owby

Why did he rip his shirt off before storming out of the building?

Lisa

I will admit his tantrum was uncalled for, it just shows that he is still easily provoked by others actions...If he can't get a grip on that thing called reality, he and big Bubba are going to be really close in prison.

I am very disappointed in him and I think he needs help, it is impossible to think that the child we knew that has now grown into a man can be so damn angry for no f - - kin' reason at all, there is more to his story than he or anyone in his camp is telling us and I am talking beyond the physical abuse he saw his mother go through...Get it together homie!