Elizabeth Taylor's Final Resting Place

3/23/2011 8:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Elizabeth Taylor will be laid to rest at Pierce Brothers Westwood Village Memorial Park Cemetery, next to her mother and father.

Elizabeth Taylor Cemetery

The crypt -- close to Marilyn Monroe's -- is next to those of her parents, Francis and Sara.

The cemetery is filled with stars, including Natalie Wood, Roy Orbison, Farrah Fawcett, Dean Martin, Merv Griffin and Truman Capote.

Elizabeth Taylor Dies

dd

That's lovely if you have wonderful parents you will always feel safe with them...Beautiful!

dd

@mousetrap I was going thought I'd ignore ur filthy comments but why should I, I doubt u'll live to be 79 u evil bastard!!!

tik

Elizabeth Taylor may you rest in pease. You were an inspirtation to those unfortunate inviduals who acquired aids. You gave them hope, you gave them love and were a wonderful classy, clever lady. If you ever get a chance to visit westside memorial, don't miss it. I went a few years back and it was the greatest experience of my life. Marilyn to receive fresh red roses every morning, thanks to Joe Damozio. Rodney Dangerfied, Natalie Woods, the young girl from polter guist (sp).A large oil family owns an incredbile mosaliam. It is in downtown LA close the old Mexican board. Well worth the trip...it wasn't creepy. Regardless of one's status in life, we all end up dieing, and buried, regarless of who we were. Or who we werenot.

R.I.P. Elizabeth you will be a beautifil shinning star twinkling in the skye.

dd

I meant I tried to ignore ur evil comments mousetrap...

tik

If Elizabeth Taylor was a young star today doing the same things she did back then, you guys would be ripping her a new a$$#ole like nothing else. With that said, God bless ya, Liz. You were a hypochondriac, [We're not all perfect]husband stealer [it takes two to tango - if the mans so happy he wouldn't cheat], severe drug addict and alcoholic,[who attended Betty For these additions] drama queen your whole life. [She brought stability to many lives, especially those suffering from aids, she was a mother and raised 4 beautiful children...drama queen, well that comes with the star territory. You have to fight the jealous, wicekd and eveil people in this world...all for the love of money. Did she create her own life dramas, no they were created for her. To the best Hollywood Icon in History, my hat goes off to you Ms.Taylor. My hat goes off to your wonderful Children, my hat goes of to you for being a single mother and becoming as successful as you were. You truly are a star that will forever twinkle in brightly in the skye.

Johviudavis

Thanks for sharing this information, and i am glad to read it...
Super Acai 1200

azlee

I don't know if I could be kept in a place like that, just a burial plot bugs me. I think I will just do cremation and no marker, nothing for anyone to have to check on.

this creeps me out.

Lake

hahahaha, what a stupid term, "resting place." Dead bodies don't rest, and a dead person is not "at rest." Dead is dead. Is a motionless fly (belly up) on your windowsill "at rest"? hahahaha! So ridiculous. We all return to the basic carbon atoms.

FunMe

She is being buried in the same place Marilyn Monroe is ... the place is small, and behind the ADVCO Theater and next to Westwood Presbyterian Church. Movies and God. How wonderful for one of our last Movie Star Greats.

Marilyn Monroe's funeral was private and NO ONE was allowed without permission back in 1962. It will be the same for La Liz, so those clown protesters from that fake church will be out of sight.

Elizabeth Taylor was such a wonderful loving lady as she was at the forefront in 1984 helping raise funds to fight AIDS. Her love and compassion helped many. She was an angel who knew how to treat human beings with dignity and LOVE. May she be enjoying the beautiful place in heaven that awaits her.

In the 1980s when the word AIDS was not even mentioned by Reagan, Elizabeth was the first to start holding fundraisers asking wealthy people, including Nancy Reagan to give money to help find a cure for AIDS. She is an ANGEL way ahead of her time with who gave much Love and Compassion for everyone.

"In 1984, Elizabeth Taylor organized the first AIDS fundraiser to benefit AIDS Project Los Angeles. This was the same year she learned that her longtime friend Rock Hudson had contracted the virus. She helped to start the American Foundation for AIDS Research( amFAR) and befriended an Indiana teen named Ryan White who contracted AIDS from contaminated blood. Her friendship with White along with several others, including Sir Elton John and MIchael Jackson, sparked enough action to create what is known today as the Ryan White Act. She earned numerous international awards and honors for the commitment she exhibited towards the fight against AIDS.
Elizabeth Taylor will be remembered not as just an actress but as a champion in the AIDS community."

Here's a wonderful tribute by AMFAR the organization she helped start:

Liz: here's wishing you a wonderful eternal life On The Other Side. Thanks for being a great inspiration to many of us.

Reyna38

HORRIBLE ACTRESS. HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU HAVE TO GET MARRIED TO BE FAMOUS.. I MEAN DAMN......... SHE CANT ACT FOR BEANS.... SHE SHOULD OF STAYED SINGLE AND THATS IT.... YEAH YEAH SO SHE LIVED A GREAT LIFE.. BUT KEEP HER LIFE PRIVATE.. NO ONE CARES. I KNOW I DONT .

Jackie

Rest in Peace Liz. Luv ya!

MARJIE

Dear Liz . . . oh how I've loved you since a little child . . . you were my mentor growing up and growing old . . . such a classy, beautiful, refined woman I will never be, but it was always great to watch you and dream...Love You and thanks . . .
RIP BabE ... love you forever !
Marjie Edwards xoxoxox

Knowledge Seeker

It's sad to think that an era of Hollywood really dies with this extreme woman. Her life was filled with so many accomplishments and unusual behaviors that she was fascinating. I remember how devoted a friend she stayed for so many years with Michael Jackson when he was going through a every rough time in his life. I have a few favorite celebrities and thanks to modern technology, I can stay in tune even when away. I travel a bit through work at Dish Network and I feel like the Dish Sling Adapter has worked miracles in my life. It sends me all my programming, guide and DVR access included to my iPad. This way I can stay up to date on the front seat to Hollywood shows that I love. This technology is fun and pretty incredible and would imagine that there are a lot of you who feel the same. She brought a charm of the Hollywood that no longer exists and will never again. There is however a foundation that was made that has helped build the Hollywood of today. Besides who can honestly say that they don't find some way of getting their Hollywood CA fix once in a while.

Katz

You may be gone, but Elizabeth you will be remembered for your beauty, talent, compassion for others and your wit for a very long time. RIP

LI_Mom

Very understated & lovely.

Visitors can focus on the PERSON & not an ostentatious marker.

Classy.