Whoopi:

I Smoked WEED

Before My Oscar Speech!

3/24/2011 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Whoopi Goldberg smoked a BIG, FAT JOINT before she won her Oscar in 1991 -- and was stoned off her ass during the victory speech ... so said the actress herself in never-before-seen footage obtained by TMZ.

Whoopi Goldberg

An unabashed Whoopi dropped the bombshell during a voice-over recording session for the movie, "The Pagemaster" back in 1992.

Whoopi explained how she smoked a "wonderful joint" to help calm her nerves before winning the Best Supporting Actress award for "Ghost" ... and was so high during the award show, she had to mentally coach herself on to the stage.

Whoopi Goldberg WeedAfter the Oscars, Goldberg says she got a call from her mother -- who could tell Whoopi had smoked weed because of her "glistening eyes."

Whoopi noted, "Just because I do it doesn't mean you should do it."

Check out Whoopi's speech -- can you tell she was baked?

jonny pot seed

She should have eaten a creme brulee from this new cookbook I just bought called Cooking with Keif: A Gourmet Medicinal Marijuana Experience....... www.cookingwithkeif.com .... check it out.... no more ****ty tasting butter for me...

knowitall

And I took a big dump before I went to work. How exciting for the world to know.

knowitall

Oh, and I took a dump before I went to work. How exciting for all of the world.

bring back recent posts

...I don't know what it is about this woman, but she is just sooooooooooo annoying to listen too..I can't take more than a minute or so and have to switch channels..just thinks she friggen knows everything..ugh

dreamon

She smoked a joint 20 YEARS ago? Who needs this story, Whoopi or TMZ....?

Kyle Jones

I don't think it was just weed. That looks like a crack cocaine blast to me. When you're asked if ur smoking in the black community that means crack. It could mean weed too but I just suspect crack was involved.

mannequin

No different than gettin' all boozed up before show. Actually, the over drinkers make a bigger fool of themselves; falling down and passing out.

mija

It's good to know she's actually a cool person. Her eyes hung a few times that can give it away to her mom but it really doesn't sound or look like she's stoned. Man, accepting an award must have been hard because ordering through a drive-thru while stoned is hard enough.

Robert

and caught a monster terminal case of the munchies...

mija

Oh I forgot. If Whoopie is reading this, a bong with ice will really help your voice and health. Other methods are fun but they will kill the throat.

GreenEyes

I agree with Criss, it's just weed and it was 20 years ago. Had she only smoked weed, she wouldn't have had the bad drug problem she had later. This story is no big deal and doesn't make me think any less of her because of what she has accomplished. She won an OSCAR, that's an accomplishment. She was great in the ghost.

tea

Big deal, it is legal in other places, so it can't be very bad for you, I think the gov't just can't think of a way to tax it if you grow it yourself. I don't but Lots of people do it, lots of professional people too. Many don't see it any different than drinking alcohol, policemen say its much easier to take in people that are mellow/happy high than are rowdy drunk (and many say its a lot easier on your body too). I think its just a matter of time before its legal everywhere to be honest. No biggie, get some real scandals!

artie help

her only redeeming quality.

gossipgirl86

One of the few blacks to win and she was smoked out

Posted at 1:57 AM on Mar 24, 2011 by c

U r a fckn rasict loser! Her speech was awesome and she is a great actress!

BroRo

HAHA! Good for her! It'll be legal in all states soon anyway :-)