Whoopi:

I Smoked WEED

Before My Oscar Speech!

3/24/2011 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Whoopi Goldberg smoked a BIG, FAT JOINT before she won her Oscar in 1991 -- and was stoned off her ass during the victory speech ... so said the actress herself in never-before-seen footage obtained by TMZ.

Whoopi Goldberg

An unabashed Whoopi dropped the bombshell during a voice-over recording session for the movie, "The Pagemaster" back in 1992.

Whoopi explained how she smoked a "wonderful joint" to help calm her nerves before winning the Best Supporting Actress award for "Ghost" ... and was so high during the award show, she had to mentally coach herself on to the stage.

Whoopi Goldberg WeedAfter the Oscars, Goldberg says she got a call from her mother -- who could tell Whoopi had smoked weed because of her "glistening eyes."

Whoopi noted, "Just because I do it doesn't mean you should do it."

Check out Whoopi's speech -- can you tell she was baked?

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

itsme

WHAT A BIG FAT LOSER!!!

Boston Donkey

*** How ironic.. Now we have to get totally stoned just to watch her on the View...

Boston Donkey

*** Wait a minute... Whoopie Goldberg won an Oscar?? Was the Academy stoned too???

Hardliner1269

Whoops smokes weed while on the view... No surprise. She hides it in the bulky butch clothes & the ****-locks.

Hardliner1269

What I don't get is one thing is to be fat, ugly, anti-clean hygiene. But to let it show for the cameras. Whoops there is outpatient procedures, jenny craig, personal trainers, home gyms, good makeup, nice hairstyles, soap & water. There is also etiquette/charm school & speech coaches. TAKE A BATH.

pink glitter

Honestly SO WHAT !!! This woman can smoke all the weed she wants. She's intelligent, articulate and has a great F'n JOB.

fineblak

Those drugs obviously killed off 1/2 of her brain cells. She's always slurring her speech on the "View". When they have a guest chef on, Whoopie always rudely runs out from backstage, grabs several big bites of food like a fat rat, then runs backstage again.

And why in the world does she think all her opinions are of the highest??? 99% of the time, it looks like she rolls out of bed, no bath at all and goes out and does the show.

Heck, I wish I had a job like that, with a million dollar salary like hers too. Anyway, I still love ya Whoopie.

krystina medina

wow i didnt not know that she smoke weed before her speech

Todd

maybe it was medicinal..lol

lizzy

she is a train wreck-disgusting, horrid, gross. Her politics are ridiculous- cant't wait for her career to be over

dale12

Yeah....She looks sky high in that photo....LOL! But that's how Whoopi always looks!

torikickit

I think Whoopie is so cute and honest. What the heck, I am a woman the same age as her. I do not smoke pot but I did try it when I was young. I do not think you could tell she had smoked but mothers always know. I have a daughter who smokes on occasion, I can tell.

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9