Danny McBride

Police Incident In Georgia

3/24/2011 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Danny McBride went bar hopping in Georgia last night ... and wound up at a local police station ... but TMZ has learned the "Eastbound and Down" star was ONLY guilty ... of being awesome.

0324_MCBRIDE_EX_TMZ

McBride was partying at some bars near the University of Georgia in Athens ... and tried to walk back to his hotel around 1:30 AM ... when a crowd of college kids recognized Danny and began following him down the street asking for photos and autographs.

Danny's rep tells us ...  a bike cop saw the crowd of people and became concerned about a possible mob situation. The officer then peddled over to Danny ... and after a brief conversation, the actor agreed to go with the cop to a nearby police station.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... Danny told officers he was merely trying to get back to his hotel when he was swarmed by the locals. Cops eventually let him go ... and even called a cab for the actor.

Kenny f'n Powers.

Quinn

You fools are on TMZ, but have never heard of this guy? Learn the names Biznitches Kenny F*cking Powers!

MIDNIGHT TOKER

did someone set his hair on fire..in the one pic his head is in flames

butch sundance

Learn to spell; while you're at it, how about learning grammar. Not 'peddled' -- 'pedaled'. The former suggest selling something; the correct word refers to making a bicycle move.

Derwood

I am from Athens, Ga and this is really funny. Downtown at night is like Mardi Gras every day.

However, the cops in Athens are tense right now because one of their own got gunned down in cold blood two days ago. So cut 'em some slack!

matt

Kenny Powers: When my ass was 19 years old, I changed the face of professional baseball. I was handed the keys to the kingdom, multi-million dollar deals, endorsements. Everyone wanted a piece of my ****. Just a man with a mind for victory and an arm like a ****ing cannon. But sometimes when you bring the thunder, you get lost in the storm.

Kenny Powers' motivational tape: A lot of people ask me, 'Kenny Powers, you're a giant superstar. You can get any woman. Have you ever paid for sex?' And the answer is yes, I have. Several times, in fact. And it's actually kinda cool. You can negotiate practically anything and sometimes, even just kind of do stuff in the moment that you never agreed to pay for and it goes by without much argument

Reporter: Kenny, What do you think of New York?
Kenny Powers: You mean Jew York? It's ****ing great

Girl P.E. Student #1: Is it true you were in jail?
Kenny Powers: No babe, rehab.
Girl P.E. Student #2: Did you hurt yourself?
Kenny Powers: No, I didn't hurt myself.
Girl P.E. Student #2: 'Cause Coach Booth said after his back surgery he has to go to rehab.
Kenny Powers: Oh okay. Yeah I hurt myself, I hurt my nose

jhankg

How have you douche bags not heard of Danny McBride? Eastbound and Down, Tropic Thunder, Pineapple Express, Hot Rod, etc. You're on f*cking TMZ for f*cks sake.

Jano

Boy you can tell this was in Athens, Georgia...not LA, California. People here would be like "oh look, it's that guy from Eastbound and Down"..then you would hear..."whatever..."

RIP

Never heard of him before.

Kar

I have never had the pleasure of seeing this guy so how the hell would i know his name!!! Hello

Stephanie

Never heard of him.

Athensgirl

The cops in Athens may be a little heavy handed right now but it's because we just had a cop murdered, another one in the hospital and the cop killer is still on the loose. It's made national news and headlines. http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/local_news/Search-for-Athens-Cop-Shooting-Suspect-Continues-20110324-am-sd

PRO US

Martina brother

Karmic-justice

Bike cop at 1:30 in the morning? What the f*ck...?

Is that a Georgia thing or is it more common than I realize?

Seem UNBELIEVABLY ridiculous, though...

Posted at 10:19 AM on Mar 24, 2011 by MightyMad

----------------------------------------------------------------

i have been seeing that alot on cops and campus PD as well as speeders in college towns and alot of larger southern cities.concept is good the bike can go alot of places a car cant during a foot chase.

uga

Officer Grimes is a fat ****sucker

John

He is at a college bar because he is in the greatest college town in the US. You obviously have never been to Athens before, or don't know how to have fun.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments