Elizabeth Taylor

The $11,000 Casket

3/25/2011 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Elizabeth Taylor enjoyed the finest things in life ... and she will in death ... because TMZ has learned she was buried in an $11,000 casket.

0323_elizabeth_taylor_EX_Getty_05
We're told the casket is a top of the line, traditional Jewish casket -- built entirely out of wood using a special glue ... no nails whatsoever.

According to sources,  the casket is made out of mahogany -- lined in red velvet with a matching red pillow.

Hopefully, it's comfortable.

mrspatrickcampbell

When will she be sending up her first message from hell?

Cujeaux

Red velvet and mohogany, yuck. It sounds like a vampire casket. I hope they pulled off all of the jewelry she was wearing in her last days. That was morose in itself. Did she still have the Hope diamond or did she lose it during her blackout phase?

Sorry but I wasn't a fan. Her AIDS charity redeemed her from an otherwise amoral and self indulgent lifestyle.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

I would have liked to spend that money on an original gibson les paul guitar from the 60's man..or an early stratocaster...

summer72

Over the top in life and in death as well. Totally obnoxious!

Linda

Actually that isnt that much considering the cost of any casket these days. My feelings is she MADE that money trust me and its her CHOICE to spend it any way she sees fit.... GET OFF IT

♥TMZ but ...

when are we going to hear about the relatives fighting over her will
8 husbands ... just think of the extended family oy vey!
let the circus begin

lawntamersinc

Well said #6. That's the most intelligent comment I've read on here in ages. And it was so nice to see correct spelling.

Say hi to my Dad, Elizabeth.

barb

#3 Elfboy.... It sure does happen that way. The jewish religion buries within 24 hrs. That's how we roll ! Do your research before you give your ignorant opinion.

Jennie

I AGREE! COMFORTABLE THAT IS SICK!

BABS

"TMZ... STFU.

Whoever the idiot you have writing these "articles" is a moron who obviously hasn't got a clue about real life costs and values.

Harvey... get new staff with a real education."

I agree!

blinddog

it really not that much My father was layed to rest in a 3000 dollar casket so 11,000 casket in calforina is really not that expensive for such wealthy person as she. making a story out of nothing you ask me.

blue-eyes

What sick f*uck makes a joke about a corpse? Well done, you classless bastards.

barb

Hey Howie # 6... You are not jewish obviously. Google jewish burial.

Ann Borzi

We as women should be proud of what Elizabeth had achived in a mans world she will always be an Icon and every actor should take a leaf out of her book money didn't go to her head as it appears. She will always be number 'one'

Pandora

That's not expensive.I buried my husband last summer and his coffin was close to that price.That's what they cost.