'Earl' Star

The MASSIVE

Weight Loss Secret

3/24/2011 1:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"My Name Is Earl" star Ethan Suplee has dropped more than 200 POUNDS in 11 years -- and yesterday, dude told us, if it weren't for his bicycle ... he never would have lost all the weight.

0324-ethan-suplee-launch-ex-2-credit
Suplee broke down his old-fashioned weight loss approach in L.A. yesterday -- telling us, he hits the road on the regular ... and even wears SPANDEX.

0324_Ethan_Suplee_getty_ex_3
Obviously the actor hasn't just been spinning his wheels. 0324_ethan_Footer

Canada

Good job buddy! Also, the shot from 2002 and 2011 are BOTH Denzel Washington movies. What are the chances of that??

Davey Boy

Amazing transformation.

jo

he looks great! omg, how amazing and what an inspiration. ethan is hilarious and now he's got the looks and the comedy! good for him!!!!!!!

TJ

I think it's funny that in both the before and after pictures he's standing in front of posters for Denzel Washington movies.

jeff

an 11 year diet?? huh?

George McFly

jmkh...... I will personally come punch u in the face. he's too good for that and above it. but not me. lil closer bitch

FlamingoNut

Good for him; he looks great.
Hopefully I'll get the itch to start biking again; it really does work (used to do 10 miles a day), and I really do need it...

Bob Dole

It's all that shark adrenaline.

THIN LIZZY

WOW>

mija

Um, losing 200 pounds over 11 years is nothing to gloat about. Some people lose 100 pounds in one year. How about that?

efnsteve

If you want to see Ethan at his best......do yourself a huge favor and go watch "American History X" with Ed Norton.

Bren

Good for him! He seems to be a great guy, big or not.

Joann

"My Name Is Earl" star Ethan Suplee has dropped more than 200 POUNDS in 11 years".....is this a typo TMZ? If not, why is this news....I would think anyone can drop 200 pounds IN 11 YEARS. lol

Anony Moose

Good for him. Goes to show that (some) obese people aren't stuck with it. I don't know how many times I've heard "I've tried everything.. but nothing works." Usually it's because they don't stick with anything they try long enough to make an impact.. or they don't realize you have to eat healthy AND exercise. If you get off your a55 and do something about it, you can become healthy.

@jmkh - I don't know, maybe he had to slim down to fit into them first. Pretty sure he's in a standard size for them now.

Anony Moose

@Joann - Anyone can, huh? I sense that you are probably fat and bitter / jealous. 200 pounds is like losing two small people attached to you. Not everyone can drop that in a few months without surgery. The fact that he lost all that over a long period of time speaks to his level of dedication. A lot of people can trim a few pounds for a wedding or whatnot, but STAYING that way is another story. He's fighting the good fight, and succeeding.