'Earl' Star

The MASSIVE

Weight Loss Secret

3/24/2011 1:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"My Name Is Earl" star Ethan Suplee has dropped more than 200 POUNDS in 11 years -- and yesterday, dude told us, if it weren't for his bicycle ... he never would have lost all the weight.

0324-ethan-suplee-launch-ex-2-credit
Suplee broke down his old-fashioned weight loss approach in L.A. yesterday -- telling us, he hits the road on the regular ... and even wears SPANDEX.

0324_Ethan_Suplee_getty_ex_3
Obviously the actor hasn't just been spinning his wheels. 0324_ethan_Footer

FOB

I know what he means...it's not that difficult. Just pick something you like. I also am losing by riding but I ride a Rowbike.

Regulator

Being unemployed and blowing through your wad that you made while working also helps you cut down on eating out.

nastynorm

NO BEER, THATS THE SECERT.

fioo hoos

I`ll bet it was a BIGWHEEL with training wheels poor little bike.

abby

Looks like gastric by-pass to me. But however he lost the weight, he looks good.

CoolKid

Very cool man.. overeating is a terrible addiction worse than drugs sometimes. It's a tremendous feat to beat it congrats. You look very good~

moe

Wonderful!! He looks great!!

Slit

Eat healthy and exercise. Simple as that. I've lost a whole ****load of weight and that is how I did it. Congrats!

More Cowbell

What do you mean it 'looks like gastric bypass"??? Tell me how it's possible for you to assume that without seeing if he has any scars from that kind of surgery. He lost the weight gradually over 11 years...not within 1 year or a little longer (which is how long it takes for most who have had gastric bypass to lose the weight).

sPaNkDeNALgAs

WOOOOW!!!!

THE POWER OF THE SPROCKET!!!!

Abderia

The before and after pictures don't even look like the same person. People who criticize him for taking so long to lose weight don't understand that people who drop pounds quickly often do so because of drastic changes to their lifestyle which they can't sustain. They often end up gaining all their weight back. If he took 11 years to lose 200 pounds it means he found a way to do it that he can stick with so his weight will not bounce back to its previous level. He lost weight the sane way.

Posted at 12:33 PM on Mar 24, 2011 by waffles

Exactly, excellent point. To all those saying its not a big deal to lose 200 pounds over 11 years...that means he's made it his lifestyle, it's ingrained in him now to just live like that on a daily basis..not some crash diet that you lose a ton of weight real quick but then gain it back months later when it becomes impossible to keep up. Regardless, its a huge accomplishment for anyone to lose weight - whether it's 20 or 200 pounds, over 1 year or 11. I wish Ethan the best of luck. Damn...this makes me want to hop on my bike and start riding just for the hell of it.

Raven

He has had gastric bypass...so while initially he had some help, it's still difficult to do long term so kudos to him.

andy

One of the "GOOD GUYS" in Hollywood . . .

cjs

He looks great and he did it by working at it, not a "cheat" surgery.

GlobalDia

great job ethan.
earl was one of my fav shows.
best of luck you!!!!!!