Wendy Williams Sued For Allegedly Being 'Ungrateful'

3/24/2011 1:58 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Wendy Williams has been sued by a concert promoter who claims Williams was paid $25,000 to appear at a hot Atlantic City resort, but her conduct at the event "was best described as ... ungrateful."

0324_wendy_williams_ex

According to the lawsuit ... Williams was supposed to make a 2-hour appearance at The Pool at Harrah's Resort.  The suit claims Williams hardly mingled with guests and left after only an hour, after complaining how she and her husband wanted to leave.

According to the suit, Williams was supposed to take the mic on stage, but instead retreated to a cabana.

The suit claims Williams "disappointed her fans who came out expecting her to host the party."

And the suit alleges ... Williams -- who is on "Dancing with the Stars" and hosts her own show --  demanded 4 bottles of Ace of Spades champagne and 2 bottles of white wine at her cabana.  The suit claims Williams and her husband said they wanted to be left alone while they drank.

We contacted Williams' rep.  So far ... no comment.

UPDATE: Harrah's Resort tells us a different story, claiming, "The Pool After Dark at Harrah's Resort was pleased with Wendy's appearance and would gladly welcome her back. We are not a party to the law suit and have no comment on that issue."

neenee

NEED A TOTAL MAKEOVER COULD LOOK BETTER THAN WHAT SHE DOES ON DANCING WITH THE STARS LOOKS A HOT MESS PLESAE CONSIDER THIS WENDY IT CANNOT HARM YOU

Steve

I always thought she was a man. Not that that would make her rude. I'm just say'n I though she was a man.

jalop373

What did not get printed is that she was mistaken for Shaq at the door. I would be pissed too!

Total Moron Zone

Regardless of her true gender, Wendy tries so hard to be interesting and/or entertaining but absolutely fails at both. I'd sooner drive a spike in my skull than watch her.

Mike

This is the woman with the talk show, right?

If this story is true, she's definitely nothing like the way she portrays herself on her show.

These people become famous, get their own show, then act like they're better than everyone else. They don't even stick to their contracts but would sue anyone at a moment's notice if one was broken with them. Sad and pathetic.

Well, I never really watched her show to begin with so I can't say that I care. I hope she loses her viewers after this disgrace.

Denise

Wendy, I LOVE your show and love you. screw everyone else. you know what you are.

Yep I said that

I always thought this was some one in drag she is too manly to be a woman, any ways how in the hell did she get a talk show

Hisjules

test

chicagannie

Wendy Williams is currently the worst talk show on the planet. She is boring, usually can't spit out an intelligible sentence and her audience makes the inbreds on Springer's show look high-class.

what a beautiful day

Wendy , you go girl.
How you doin?

Don't listen to these haters. They are just jealous of your success.

Victor

I was there that night but didn't pay the $35 cover charge to go into the Pool/club,that us way too much for any cover, I did see her up close outside the pool taking some pictures with some fans. No matter what anyone says she does have a SMOKING HOT body ,I'm not into the weave thing on her head but I wouldn't throw her out of bed,she's probaly a freak in bed too :)

ebony

i was their she for an 1 hour and if 15 mins...

dd

@95 She's all black what are you talking about?

Anonymous

Someday Wendy Williams and I'll meet each other on purpose.

lulu

Is it me or does Wendy seem like he is always gasping for air! Maybe its the bad nose job or he's carrying too much weight on his chest with those fake cans... love that description! Seriously people. And the constant fidgeting with the hair....... My money is he's voted OFF DWTS next week... bet cha