Rebecca Black Gets Career Boost From Ryan Seacrest

3/25/2011 5:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

13-year-old Rebecca Black -- the phenom behind that "Friday" song -- has a good mentor, as in  Ryan Seacrest ... because R.S. just helped Rebecca sign with a big music manager.

Rebecca Black

Rebecca did Ryan's radio show on Thursday, and afterward Ryan realized Rebecca and her mom were overwhelmed by the sudden burst of attention.

Sources tell us ... Ryan hooked Rebecca up with Debra Baum, a manager with DB Entertainment.

Rebecca has now signed with DB.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

Rob

She is really hot. I'd do her in a heartbeat.

Posted at 1:26 PM on Mar 25, 2011 by Rob

***

... Well that would make you a pedophile, Rob.

Posted at 3:03 PM on Mar 25, 2011 by MightyMad

You'd be correct, MightyMad.

morgan

Giggity

seymour

The problem isn't this girl, even though her singing and her song are ear-bleedingly bad. The problem is that with the over use of autotune, people with literally zero talent (umm, Ke$ha) get popular with a song with a catchy beat. Autotune is terrible, not only can't you tell who the singer is because everyone sounds the same, but the singers don't sound human anymore.

Not everyone out there now is awful. Cee Lo Green, Bruno Mars, and others really can sing. It's too bad we have to sift through the garbage to find them.

AlanJustin

THIS GIRL IS SUCH A LOSER SHE HAD TO SIGN WITH DOUCHE BAG ENTERTAINMENT.

DB lolbnr because I feel bad for her.

Anon

1. Her parents must REALLY want money to allow their daughter to go through this hell
2. He loses all credibility. Hes supposed to be an a-hole to people who cant sing. Thats how he got HIS job!

Mike

Maybe now she'll get a good songwriter and start taking vocal lessons.

Personally, I think she's way too young to even be considering a singing career right now but to each her own.

I just hope she realises that she won't be able to use autotune when she's trying to sing the National Anthem before next year's Super Bowl.

Kids'll do anything to get their 15 minutes of fame these days.

leafsfan1977

Heard this song for the first time today. Needless to say, that's 3 minutes and 48 seconds of my life I'll NEVER get back. This only further proves that ANYBODY can be a star.....and I'm not saying that as a good thing. The lyrics, and the song as a whole are terrible. And don't even get me started on that horrendous overly auto-tuned voice. I think the people who hate this song justifiably have that right. It is NOT good.....not by any stretch of the imagination. God I weep for today's youth......

CCR515

I'm sorry but wasn't she recognized for being so bad?? This makes me mad just because it's insulting to the people who can actually sing and there are those who would kill to have that opportunity.

Aileen

At least this girl attempts to sing. Ryan has the Kardashians famous and they don't even do anything!! I listened to the song for about two minutes and realized that I won't get those 2 minutes back!!

chicagannie

Is Seacrest going to get her some singing lessons? I don't get it. So many talented young folks out there and this kid with the horrible voice gets a break?

Tim

If you dont like her or like to hear her music that is your choice you dont have to like her nor do you have to to listen to her music but dont be bad just cause she chooses to get off her butt and make something of herself.. You people seem to be a bunch of haters if you dont like her or her music she shouldnt be able to make some songs...

JFritz

I laughed so hard at some of the response videos that have come out to this song. I just hope she gets better at singing.. like check this out... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og7xJ9cILVY it probably required as much talent as her.. which isn't a lot so far..

genxandy

Her song, Friday, may not be the best due to the poor quality lyrics, but it's catchy and her voice is absolutely great! I see a future for her in the music industry.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7