Celeb Chefs to 'Wish' Kid -- We'll Cook With You!

3/26/2011 4:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Two TV chefs have stepped up to the plate -- and have offered to cook for a "Make-A-Wish" kid who was snubbed by "Barefoot Contessa" star Ina Garten ... TMZ has learned.

0325-symon-macmillan-ina-getty-EX
Food Network star Beau MacMillan and "Iron Chef" Michael Symon are both reaching out to 6-year-old Enzo ... hoping they can fill the void Garten left after she turned down the kid's "wish" to cook a meal together.

In fact, MacMillan tells us he's ready to fly Enzo and his entire family out to Arizona STAT -- put them up in a fancy resort and treat them all to a VIP dinner at his 5-star restaurant.

MacMillan says he also wants to bring Enzo into the kitchen so they can prepare the meal together.

As for Symon -- the chef tells us he'll be in Enzo's home state of Oregon in the very near future and would be more than happy to swing by Enzo's house to "cook a dish" with him too.

Bon appetit!

A concerned person

Boycott her! And send your letters stating your disapproval and intent to boycott.

Have these people forward the letter to her:
editors@tasteofhome.com

Write to the Owners of the Food Network to have her thrown off the air:
cmcconkey@scrippsnetworks.com

or call their office and request that her show get cancelled:
865-560...-3976
Write to her staff and tell them to forward and letter of disapproval and intent to boycott anything she could make a personal profit from:
Sinead@BarefootContessa.com

And once again, another place to announce your boycott and disapproval:
askina@pacific.uk.com

Also, you can call her office and state your disgust and disapproval and intent to boycott:
631-324-0884

Also sign into your Twitter and sign this petition: http://twitition.com/rskot

Then join the various Boycott groups on Facebook about her! Like The Ina Garten/Barefoot Contessa Cookbook Burning Club or Boycott Barefoot Contessa Books and shows. They are both open groups!

Join the fight against greed, pretention, and narcissism.
Thanks!

Janet

I just knew those two chef's would step up! Great men!

Sherry

I'm so proud of these guys for standing in the greater good of people when 1 measly nobody can shock us all more than the war itself. Of course celebrity's cannot return every letter every request, this was a very special request and to deny it so selfishly she very well has lost much more than she could have ever made. I'm sorry this child and mother waisted their time watching so much of this nobody while sick in the hospital. I wish they could have such better memories. I hope they can shake this off and continue to create more quality happy memories.

pamm0459

Nice to see these guys step up and make a bad situation better. Ina Garten should be ashamed of herself.

sara

Kudos to both of these chefs. I've liked Michael Symon since he used to be on Food Network's Global Passport or some such show. It was a long time ago... more than 10 years. Padma Lakshmi was another "unknown" on the show at the time. I don't know Chef Beau, but he sounds like an awesome guy.

I hope this little boy gets this and a whole bunch of other wishes. I could see Jamie Oliver stepping up to the plate too... maybe Rachel Ray could have him on her show.

I've always liked Ina--and have all of her cookbooks. Her recipes are usually pretty easy and turn out great. BUT, I can't see myself buying another one of her books. It just wouldn't sit right with me. Instead, I'll send $35.00 to the Make-a-Wish foundation.

ValleyGirl

Thank you #176! I dug out all those now good for nothing cookbooks of hers from the trashbin, and plan to send them all back to her-Shredded. What would an hour or 2 of her time hurt her? Well, by the outpouring of love for this child from people who truly care, I'd say plenty! She is history as far as I'm concerned.
Unforgivable, Ina-Totally unforgivable. Phooey on youee.

TC

Michael Symon has always come across as a genuinely nice person, as has Beau MacMillan. I believe they are doing this out of being kind human beings, nothing more. As for Ina, I have no idea how the entire thing played out, and I won't judge. I mean, like it was mentioned, can you possibly fulfill every single request sent your way? It's not humanly possible, although if this is the second request, I'd think twice and reconsider, myself. I'd be trying to clear time the second time around.

Happy for Enzo.

Michael and Beau, how gracious and kind of both of you.

It's more than possible to be a celebrity and still have a heart to make time for a cancer child.

A few things monumental about your offers:

1) Pediatric cancer receives only 3% of money available for cancer research, cure, and treatments.

Your willingness to step up to the plate (and I hope you DO film it) will shine a BRIGHT spotlight on pediatric cancer and these children and families going through a time one wouldn't wish on their worst enemies.

A spotlight can also humanize these children to the public. Cancer or not, sick or not, they're children: silly, loving, vibrant, funny, giggling, creative, spunky, brave, BEAUTIFUL kids who do not deserve to be shoved into the closet because others are "afraid" of cancer.

Cancer happens. Let's help, not hide. Let's make it about them, not us.

Is it sad? Yes. But sadness won't kill us. Cancer can. It also kills spirits.

2) I want to drive home the sweet symbolism in Enzo's wish: to cook a meal.

Food.

These children fight to keep meat on their bones, to summon up an appetite (due to chemo treatments and/or progressive cancer) let alone the nausea and vomiting that accompanies oftentimes one-year-plus courses of treatment, both radiation and chemotherapy.

Let's "break bread" with an innocent child dealt a horrible blow. Let's give him a day to be a kid just having fun and feeling special, and put a smile on his sweet face.

It's so important Enzo eats, and keeps up his weight. He needs energy for the fight. For life.

God Bless you, Beau and Symon. We could all use a little light, especially lately. It does the collective heart, our hearts, good.

Most important, it'll do ENZO's heart good.

tom

Ina you suck...I would like to donate $250 toward that trip. Ina I will never watch your cooking show anymore...you suck

Denine Blas

I hope that Ina is getting a mouth full from her groopies that she hangs around I hope that they are pointing the finger at her and telling her "shame on you for snubbing a dying boy's last wish"

Meomy

Seriously, Ina...you have that many more "important things"? What goes around comes around.

Francis Scott Key

Burn in h&ll you heartless b!tch

MZStitch

So if you are a star you must say yes to every charity that asks of your time, is that it? I'm betting not one tenth of you here have a clue what this woman does for charity every year. I'm also betting she spends more of her time doing charity work than most of you bashing her here. Make a Wish repeatedly has said Ina is a "friend of the organization". How many of you are?

Amy

While I feel terrible for this poor sick child. I think it is a little odd that instead of thinking of this child and his illness, family members are more concerned with calling Ina Garden out and getting publicity. How f*cked up is that???? And can I just say how do we even know this was this poor baby's wish?? That could have been something his mom was more into and put into his head...All I am saying before you all judge Ina Garden you should get the facts and not just the one sided story these people were more then happy to give to TMZ

Amy

Oh boy you boycott people really need a freaking life! I love how so many of you are so offended by this when YOU DO NOT KNOW THE WHOLE STORY!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially the people using gay slurs against her and the people she is friends with...they have some balls to be offended and hateful over something she supposedly did again convenient for the family to contact TMZ and get all this press. I feel so sorry for this precious baby :( The people around him really have their priorities messed up. And yes I watched The Barefoot Contessa today and loved it! She made ginger cookies and shrimp salad for her "friends"