Celeb Chefs to 'Wish' Kid -- We'll Cook With You!

3/26/2011 4:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Two TV chefs have stepped up to the plate -- and have offered to cook for a "Make-A-Wish" kid who was snubbed by "Barefoot Contessa" star Ina Garten ... TMZ has learned.

0325-symon-macmillan-ina-getty-EX
Food Network star Beau MacMillan and "Iron Chef" Michael Symon are both reaching out to 6-year-old Enzo ... hoping they can fill the void Garten left after she turned down the kid's "wish" to cook a meal together.

In fact, MacMillan tells us he's ready to fly Enzo and his entire family out to Arizona STAT -- put them up in a fancy resort and treat them all to a VIP dinner at his 5-star restaurant.

MacMillan says he also wants to bring Enzo into the kitchen so they can prepare the meal together.

As for Symon -- the chef tells us he'll be in Enzo's home state of Oregon in the very near future and would be more than happy to swing by Enzo's house to "cook a dish" with him too.

Bon appetit!

Melissa

I love michael symon! and macmillian.. awesome work helping FN recover from a huge PR nightmare!! if they are doing it for the PR or if they are doing it from the heart *which I believe both are.. since they are both honorable men..* this child is going to have some amazing experiences that will help him get through the tough road he has ahead!

as for Ina.. she has made donations of MONEY to the organization.. but not time and love and affection.. there is a huge difference..

janet

Ina is not that popular she could have made the time. These guys are much more popular and they will make the time. I don't think this is a PR stunt for the Food Network. They are just stand up guys.

Bobo Frog

It's always great and heartwarming when one person's PR catastrophe can become another person's PR bonanza. Good job, guys.

Julie

That's awesome that those guys stepped up! I bet Ina feels like a big jerk now. She couldn't take a couple hours out of her busy schedule to fulfill this boy's wish? If the problem is that she wasn't getting paid, maybe she could've incorporated it into a show?

Mark Proctor

Good.

Cricket

MAYBE the two guys are doing this for publicity or maybe not but the kid should not know it if they are so STFU! Ina...I'm VERY disappointed.

mary

Ina Garten is a no class, selfish b*tch!!! Never watching her show again...Everyone go to FoodNetwork and make a comment about her..

GEL

#5 @Steve, you are an ass telling that child no one cares about him!

Does it really matter if they do it for the publicity or not...they ARE willing to step up, take time out of their schedules (which are just as busy as that bitch Ina's) and do it! I will never again watch her show or buy Bon Appetite which she is associated with.

Cricket

That kid is SO cute!! Ina doesn't have children of her own so maybe she can't appreciate them and maybe she sees them as an inconvenience in her perfect "Hampton's" life but as a mother, my heart ACHES for this sick child and I would cook with him in a heartbeat if I were famous enough to be on his wish list! "Barefoot Contessa" used to be my favorite cooking show but now I know how pretentious Ina is and won't watch it again.

kawfolks

This just made my morning - those two gentlemen are class acts. Ms. Garten could take a lesson from them. I could see being so overwhelmed/busy to say no to certain things but TWO times to this SAME kid who has cancer? I have never watched the "Barefoot Contessa" and now will be sure never to do so...

Thanks for the update on this story TMZ!

Tinalouise

Ina is REAL busy...too busy for a sick child? Why? She doesn't have any kids of her own (good thing and now we may know why, lives in an exclusive neighborhood,and has enough money to sit on for the rest of her life...she couldn't take even one hour for this child? Bitch Bitch Bitch Bitch... I will not be watching her show ever again!!

Steph

To those saying, "well, she granted X amount of wishes before"... Do you really think that matters to Enzo?! If a HUNDRED dying children asked to meet with me as their DYING WISH I would grant them all, hell or high water. She's a turd and I hope Enzo makes a full recovery, grows up to be a bad ass MMA fighter, and personally puts the smack down on this stupid bitch.

Disgusted

Well done gentlemen. A great show of humanity.

Karla

Good for them? I used to come home from work and turn her on at 5 while I did stuff around the house/yesterday I went straight to HGTV and will not view her show any longer. Realize I am just one person and my TV may not count in the big scheme of things/but it counts to me

Anonymous

What a bunch of good hearted guys! Wonderful of them to offer to help the little boy. You fellows are awesome!!!
Knew there was a reason that I could never sit through Ina's show. Looked at her bio and her undergrad degree was in economics, sold real estate and her food related business, etc... Seems to be all about money...that says it all.