Celeb Chefs to 'Wish' Kid -- We'll Cook With You!

3/26/2011 4:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Two TV chefs have stepped up to the plate -- and have offered to cook for a "Make-A-Wish" kid who was snubbed by "Barefoot Contessa" star Ina Garten ... TMZ has learned.

0325-symon-macmillan-ina-getty-EX
Food Network star Beau MacMillan and "Iron Chef" Michael Symon are both reaching out to 6-year-old Enzo ... hoping they can fill the void Garten left after she turned down the kid's "wish" to cook a meal together.

In fact, MacMillan tells us he's ready to fly Enzo and his entire family out to Arizona STAT -- put them up in a fancy resort and treat them all to a VIP dinner at his 5-star restaurant.

MacMillan says he also wants to bring Enzo into the kitchen so they can prepare the meal together.

As for Symon -- the chef tells us he'll be in Enzo's home state of Oregon in the very near future and would be more than happy to swing by Enzo's house to "cook a dish" with him too.

Bon appetit!

Bobo Frog

Seriously though....for most 6 year old boys...their wish is to meed IronMan or Spiderman or a Transformer. Does anyone really believe this kid's dying wish was to cook with some old lady named the Barefoot Contessa? Something stinks...and it's not just the poop on Ina Garten's sidewalk....

Raejean

You know, I'm going to say one more piece of what I'm thinking about this and her now.

Garten is childless. She probably just doesn't "get it" regarding the specialness of this child picking being with her to cook something, above any other wish he could have had. And how the child is now perhaps painfully not understanding why he's been rejected by her.

So for that reason, I think I'll change my "spatula up the butt" suggestion to an unlubricated Cuisinart, turned up to puree'.

Tammy

and so what if the Mom sold the story for money...anybody out there know what the cost is for taking care of a sick child? good for her..."love these post of people ripping on us for commenting on TMZ.....what the hell are you doing??"

Niesje from Netherlands

More like 'Barefoot ****essa'!
Bigup for these 2 cooks for stepping up.

Jenn

Awesome! I didn't like Ina before this but I hate her now! I hope she loses EVERYTHING!!! Snobby b**ch! I wish this poor baby all the happiness he can get! =)Ban Ina Food Network!!! I will NEVER watch her show again& I hope everyone trashes her stuff.

lona

now this is more like it! These guys are now my favorite chefs!

flora68

I'll bet she's regretting her selfishness. She probably didn't think anyone would hear about it...real smart, Ina. Now people HATE you.

Bobo Frog

Sing, sing a song
Make it simple
To last your whole life long
Don't worry that it's not good enough
for anyone else to hear
Just sing, sing a song.

janalal4

The cruel reality of life is that sometimes the answer is just
"no." By your reasoning she should grant every wish of every child who asks. Sadly, that's not possible, nor is it fair to Ina. Maybe before people call others names they should look at what they personally do to help these ill children. Do you make a donaton? Do you volunteer your time in whatever may be needed? If not, you have no right to criticize those who do.

Posted at 6:41 AM on Mar 26, 2011 by gutsygirl

Oh GET REAL gutsygirl!! How many dying kids do you really think have asked this woman to cook a meal with them as their 'wish'?? Give me a break. Probably count em on one hand if at ALL. This kid could have requested anything but he just asked this lady to cook ONE meal with him for heavens sake. He's not asking her for an organ donation. Doesn't matter how much time or $$$$$ any of us on this board donate. What matters is what this one kid asked for & if he'd asked it from ME? I'd have moved heaven & earth to make it happen & so would anyone else with an ounce of heart or compassion. Period. Make all the excuses you want but this pompous womans two time refusal of this kid simply sucks & frankly there is one argument you can make on her behalf to rationalize it. Not any argument that makes her look any less of a self=centered horses ass anyway.

Denine Blas

I am so glad that two very special men have stepped up to the plate and want to make the dreams come true for this little child. At least we know that some people have a heart and want to reach out and help that little dying child. I am sure she will not get a kick out of the email I sent to her. I am shocked and appalled that she would turn a dying child down the last wish of their very existance in the world. I will never watch her show again. I hope that her sponsors pull out and remove her show for taking the last little pleasure that this dying child has asked for. I can not believe that a child that is so sick and now snubbed by her...she should be ashamed of herself. Now I know why she no longer does any more catering...shes horrible!!! Ina you have lost all my respect!!!!

MIDNIGHT TOKER

I can't believe what hateful threats Ina is getting. It's ludacris to suggest she should be fired. Are you really that dense? WAIT!! I forgot, I'm on TMZ! Posters(and the so- called "journalists") aren't very intelligent on this website, nor do they have any understanding and compassion. I would hate to run into any of you in real life. What kind of person would really wish cancer/death upon someone else and their loved ones? Someone who clearly needs psychological help. Pooping in front of her house? Seriously? How old are you? 12? You people are so disgusting. Get real and get a life! You all should be ashamed of yourselves. Get out there and do some good with your life. You all speak of "Karma" and I can't help but laugh. I think what you all are saying and doing to this women is disgraceful. Ina will be fine(all she did was decline) you(hateful, hypocritical, lazy trolls) however will get what's coming to you for unleashing your hate. You certainly will not be ushered into the pearly gates. I'll be wavin' to ya!

Posted at 8:44 AM on Mar 26, 2011 by lindsey
If this board is full of numbskulls and trolls just who are you trying to impress with your rant on here?..yourself maybe.People like you read too much into this crap and actually think what your write is really going to matter.Move on if this bothers you so much.

Bobo Frog

Why do kids dying of cancer have such weird requests? Cooking with the Barefoot Contessa? Having sleepovers with Michael Jackson?

Nostradamus

The only commenters making sense in this post are N.O. Lady and TMZgossip. Both of you often make good points based on great insight. The rest of you should go back and read their comments in this thread.

Scotty

People saying that they'll never watch her show again, probably never watched her show in the first place. She has many devoted fans, who will not turn on her as quickly as her non-fans on here did! You're all such angels, that's why this story upsets you so!

Nostradamus

And props to MIDNIGHT TOKER, keeping it real around here as usual...