'Barefoot Contessa' AGREES to See Make-A-Wish Kid

3/28/2011 3:07 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's a MIRACLE!!!! "Barefoot Contessa" star Ina Garten has somehow found the time to meet with a Make-A-Wish foundation kid named Enzo ... after TMZ reported she denied his request TWICE.

Barefoot Contessa

Garten's rep released a statement explaining how the Food Network chef only "became aware of Enzo's story this weekend" .... and insists she will be calling the 6-year-old later today.

As we first reported, Enzo is battling leukemia -- and told the foundation he WISHED he could cook a meal with Ina ... because he watched her show with his mom while in bed battling the illness.

Enzo's family, along with the M.A.W. foundation, had confirmed that Garten declined to grant Enzo's wish due to scheduling conflicts -- TWICE -- but now, Garten's rep says she's willing to play ball.

The rep insists, "[Ina] looks forward to inviting him to spend some time with her at the Food Network studios."

They will be lovers of themselves

An obvious yet pitiful attempt at good PR.
Too little too late.
If someone doesn't want to be with you walk away Enzo, there are many other better chefs that would love to spend time with you!

jackmama311

the power of internet wins again. i wonder just how many emails she got before the pie hit her in the face...

Gatanegra

Two other celebrity chefs have offered to to grant his wish after this phony b***h said NO TWICE. I hope Enzo tells her to hit the road. She doesn't care, it's just publicity for her.

riol

Cram it with walnuts, Id tell her

moonmaid

Hope he hugs and slobbers all over this elitist wench!

M.T.

I hate her... I hope the kid tells her he doesnt have the time!

@cheffie521

nemesis26

I wonder what her husband "Jeffrey" (Or "Geoffrey") thinks. That's all this fatass-bitch-hack-for-a-cook seems to reference in her Food Network episodes.

Sugarbutt

This woman is just as horrid as Lindsay Lohan. I will no longer watch the Food Network. Ina is arrogant, and I hate that creepy balding guy who keeps a camera in his stove to catch his goofy reactions. And Paula Deen with her moronic sons and that sloshed husband of hers.

anni

Give me a break! How many letters do sudo-celebs get every day asking for SOMETHING! Not every letter looks legit, nor do you have time to really care. I am sure the almost dead kid's letter was an oversight. Remember all those "(whose)bad" people who took advantage of poor little Michael Jackson when he opened his home up for little kids to sleep in his bed.

Da TaxMan

yeah right!!! I'm gonna still boycott this Piece-of-Crap-Bitch!! I knew her PR people & the Food Network would "MAKE" her change her mind, oops I mean "find the time to meet this sick lil baby"
No AMOUNT OF PR COULD MAKE ME CHANGE MY MIND!!

Boston Donkey

Gotta make sure the cameras are there. Again, I challenge anyone to post ANY charity that this person helps. I dont mean luncheons with rich friends for contractual camera ops. She gives back nothing. Do your own google search.

Kathy

Oh sure, now she suddenly has enough time in her schedule to meet with him. More than likely she and Food Network got bombarded with nasty calls and emails.

She is now trying to do damage control. Too late Butthead Contessa!

BiancaB

Good for Ina!

Shane D.

Saw this coming...

wow...

barefoot is boycotted in my book already. Too busy...uh huh. Nice to see the social media storm/boycott has freed up some of your valuable time.

I hope your show gets cancelled and a better role model gets the show moving forward.