'Barefoot Contessa' AGREES to See Make-A-Wish Kid

3/28/2011 3:07 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's a MIRACLE!!!! "Barefoot Contessa" star Ina Garten has somehow found the time to meet with a Make-A-Wish foundation kid named Enzo ... after TMZ reported she denied his request TWICE.

Barefoot Contessa

Garten's rep released a statement explaining how the Food Network chef only "became aware of Enzo's story this weekend" .... and insists she will be calling the 6-year-old later today.

As we first reported, Enzo is battling leukemia -- and told the foundation he WISHED he could cook a meal with Ina ... because he watched her show with his mom while in bed battling the illness.

Enzo's family, along with the M.A.W. foundation, had confirmed that Garten declined to grant Enzo's wish due to scheduling conflicts -- TWICE -- but now, Garten's rep says she's willing to play ball.

The rep insists, "[Ina] looks forward to inviting him to spend some time with her at the Food Network studios."

chelsea

they should deny her request and take up those other stars who came out right away and wanted to help this kids wish come true. this selfish poor excuse for a human "Ina" should get her ass DENIED and maybe just maybe she will feel horrible...doubt it ...seems she has already proven what a cold heart she has!

Cujeaux

The kid should tell her to stick a spit rod up her @ss and rotate!

Missy

Not cool when someone has to be shamed into doing the right thing.

JamesB

Enzo should turn Ina down and go hang with those other TV chefs who've reached out to him in recent days!

TheMachine1

I hope she does not do something creepy like wear gloves when she shakes his hand.

Katie

In re: to my comment (#41), I misread. I thought that she was referring to the little boy as a "she". I still feel that this is only damage control and it doesn't change my opinion of her. If anything, it looks worse, now that there is a big backlash and people are threatening to stop watching her show, she suddenly has time. Ugh.

anni

These posts are so naive.

Tony Ramirez

Sorry Contessa u blew it... i hope Enzo rejects u NOW and goes to swim with the dolphins!!! u are a heartless !@$@#$! who knew u before ur show now i hope people stop watching a selfish bitch cook food.
my sister had a Make a Wish before she passed away at 12 and it was to see the Globetrotters with her family and they sat us in the front row and also , something i will never forget, they ALL came and private show for just her and they ALL stopped and talked to her.. that night she thanked all of us kissed us goodnight and passed away later that evening....
im just irate she said no!!!
i hope ur show gets cancelled and im happy to say i have NEVER seen it and will not EVER .....

dd

Mom and Dad say NO, let him have fun with the other chefs that stood up she's a liar.

Me

Oh now she wants to meet him. Suddenly her reputation is being threatened and she has the time. I hope he tells her "NO THANKS". I will NEVER watch her show again!

Blou65

I recommend joining the "Ina Garten should be terminated from the Food Network!" group on Facebook!!...just my opinion!

Ashley

How freakin' convenient. She already showed her true colors. I hope that child doesn't meet up w/Ina but instead those other 2 Food Network stars that agreed to meet up w/him. She is such a cold, heartless, and pompous person.

JB

What a shock after bad press....too little too late for me. She will never see my money!

Rotten Puppets

That stupid water buffalo can still shove her horrible books and classless personality straight up her candy ass!

Nancy C

Negative press works MIRACLES on personalities, doesn't it?!