'Barefoot Contessa' AGREES to See Make-A-Wish Kid

3/28/2011 3:07 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's a MIRACLE!!!! "Barefoot Contessa" star Ina Garten has somehow found the time to meet with a Make-A-Wish foundation kid named Enzo ... after TMZ reported she denied his request TWICE.

Barefoot Contessa

Garten's rep released a statement explaining how the Food Network chef only "became aware of Enzo's story this weekend" .... and insists she will be calling the 6-year-old later today.

As we first reported, Enzo is battling leukemia -- and told the foundation he WISHED he could cook a meal with Ina ... because he watched her show with his mom while in bed battling the illness.

Enzo's family, along with the M.A.W. foundation, had confirmed that Garten declined to grant Enzo's wish due to scheduling conflicts -- TWICE -- but now, Garten's rep says she's willing to play ball.

The rep insists, "[Ina] looks forward to inviting him to spend some time with her at the Food Network studios."

Donna

She should be ashamed of herself to decline the request not once but twice? She is only doing it because of the bad publicity, I don't understand how she can look at herself in the mirror everyday....ZERO respect for her... I posted on FB how she declined 2X because I wanted everyone to know who she really is.

janet

Dear Enzo,

We all wish you well little man.

Alan Carver

This is what they call a 'public-relations-nightmare', because it affects her tv show ratings, sales of her books and appearances, basically all that could be 'affected' will be 'affected'. Her publicity machine is working OT to get this right and corrected, but I hope for them that the requests falls on a deaf ear and she gets turned down. If the Barefoot Contessa is unable to oblige the requests due to her schedule then she needs to find a charity that she can dedicate time to that will NOT affect her schedule. The poor public relations person having to handle this one, might lose his/or/her job over it because this story really made Contessa to look very bad in the court of public opinion!

Mark Proctor

BS... A day late and dollar short.

tanyakristine

i agree...i knew Ina was a snob; but, that was pretty low. he has other tv chefs that want to see him. Why pander to her 'saving-face' campaign?

sweetiebirdr

I never liked that smug POS, they should cook and eat her.

Danielle

What a pathetic lady, they only reason she agreed now is because she made herself look like an A**hole for not agreeing before. If I was that kid I would tell her to shove it and take one of the many other celeb chefs that offered to go to his house even! Pretty sad when you finally "find the time" because you don't want "ignoring a dying kids wish" on your head. FAIL

Blou65

@ Donna..I posted on facebook too!...please join Facebook group "Ina Garten should be terminated from the Food Network!"

TheMachine1

I heard a rumor that Ina finally broke down an agreed only when Food Network agreed to have Enzo and his family stripped, showered, sprayed with DDT, and dressed in sterilized white scrubs right before they meet her.

cindyloo

I knew she would do this. Does she really think we are that stupid to believe that she just found out?

Boston Donkey

*** I cant believe that she is going to teach Enzo to cook dolphin!! Who is advising this woman...

chris

She'll probably be a REAL B.itch when she's with the kid

Henpeck

I hope he tells Ina to pound sand.

Stupid b!+ch.

AAnnieGirl

I knew as soon as this story broke, that other more "heartful" chefs from the food network would step up and show that not everyone on tv is heartless. I would politely tell Ina, that now YOU have scheduling problems because you are now going to cook with Chef Michael Symon(who is much, much better), and Chef Beau MacMillan. Don't give her any positive publicity that she is searching for now. Wash your hands of her, and her so called "professionalizm".

Davey Boy

Way too late, babe. I hope the kid tells her to pound sand. Someone should orchestrate a recipe book burning in her honor.