'Barefoot Contessa' AGREES to See Make-A-Wish Kid

3/28/2011 3:07 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's a MIRACLE!!!! "Barefoot Contessa" star Ina Garten has somehow found the time to meet with a Make-A-Wish foundation kid named Enzo ... after TMZ reported she denied his request TWICE.

Barefoot Contessa

Garten's rep released a statement explaining how the Food Network chef only "became aware of Enzo's story this weekend" .... and insists she will be calling the 6-year-old later today.

As we first reported, Enzo is battling leukemia -- and told the foundation he WISHED he could cook a meal with Ina ... because he watched her show with his mom while in bed battling the illness.

Enzo's family, along with the M.A.W. foundation, had confirmed that Garten declined to grant Enzo's wish due to scheduling conflicts -- TWICE -- but now, Garten's rep says she's willing to play ball.

The rep insists, "[Ina] looks forward to inviting him to spend some time with her at the Food Network studios."

sugarpie

how can she say she just heard of his story this past weekend?? She declined his request twice but now just heard of him asking her? Whatever the case may be at least this little boy will get his wish come true. :)

Chicodad

Having spoken with Michael Symon, in person twice, I perceived him to be a warm, kind, and generous person. I now know that my assessment was spot on. He is a gentleman and a class act. It appears that Ina believes herself to be a superstar who is greatly overworked and underpaid. I hope that everyone stops watching her show and buying her products so that she can have the permanent vacation she so richly deserves.

Valstann

dont do it kid...
its just a pr stint.

me

oh sure damage control, DUH, he's got cancer why doesnt she go to him. meet in a neutral place if she doesnt want to got to his house do not make him fly....stand up bitch

janalal4

Have any of you hateful people on here considered the possibility that Ina may actually NOT have known about this request? Fact: her life is different than the average person's life and the requests for her time are exponentially greater. She has a staff to manage her calendar. She may not approve/disapprove all of the requests. Furthermore, how can one person say yes to everything, especially when the requests are so numerous? I was sad for the kid, but I don't think it's fair to spew such hatred toward Ina Garten when we only know one side of the story.

Posted at 11:59 AM on Mar 28, 2011 by Lori

With 'great celebrity' comes 'great responsibility' & the buck stops at her feet. You don't just use your PR people to manage your schedule then use them make your excuses. Had I been Ina, my PR team would know that requests such as this would be brought to my immediate, personal attention just to prevent something such as this from happening. My guess, she didn't want to be bothered with any of it. She gets what she gets.

phyuck

This only proves what a selfish b**ch she is. Looks like she really did have the time after all. Wow what a s***bag.

Queen, Elsa

Why haven't any other cooks stepped up and offer to cook with the child??...

CruiseBooze

Garten's 180 is just PR Spin, it is not from the heart! Newest Contessa Recipe: Combine 1 part cancer-ridden child with TWO parts refusal to brighten his plight -- then mix in enough public outrage, until garten crawls out long enough to try & save her empire. Good for little Enzo, but CONTINUE TO BOYCOTT INA GARTEN!

patty

TOO LATE SELFISH INA! Enzo's parents need turn her down. I still will boycott all her crap and show!

Diane

Thanks for posting the tele# of food network on this site!!!! They got my phone call loud and clear! Bravo to the chefs that stepped in for little Enzo!!!! I hope they take her show OFF THE AIR!!!!! Thank you Harvey for telling the world!! Hopefully, Enzo... you can have the best time of your life working alongside these other 2 great chefs!!

Diane

I think it is absolutely atrotious that a cooking star, not all that popular should put on higher than thou airs and completely break a very sick little boys heart! Food Network Channel should kick her *** off the show for being heartless!!!!!!!!!

BrooklynCat425

This little boy should tell her forget it I will find someone with a heart that wouldn't mind cooking with me. If I were his mother this lady would never be asked or allowed to see my child. This woman is disgusting I don't care how busy someone is, if there is a sick child who doesn't know when they will be leaving this earth and their one wish is to meet a certain someone that certain someone should make time for the child.

sugarpie

why is everyone being so mean to her? Yeah she probably only caved because she was getting bad press but maybe she really didnt know about it and the people that work for her never told her? Look in reality you can't make everyones dreams come true yes this is a sick little boy and we're all rooting for him to get better but she works a lot and maybe she couldn't find time. But we would all like to say theirs no excuse for denying this little boys request but now she is going to meet with him. So can't everyone stop calling her names and just be happy this little boy will get his wish? No need to name call and call her a fat bitch and say her cooking sucks her cooking is good or she wouldn't have her own show! I don't even know her but let's be fair.

Kathy

If the child still wants to see her--fine, I hope he gets his wish. An adult would probably say forget it, but this is a child.

Good job TMZ!

Amy

Aww are you happy now? All you psycho freaks that were going crazy got your way......now this boy's mom can focus on her child instead of being a petty, attention seeking nut job