'Make-A-Wish' Kid -- Focused On The Dolphins

3/28/2011 5:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Make-A-Wish kid snubbed by celeb chef Ina Garten has MOVED ON -- in fact, we're told, Enzo is so excited about his back-up wish to swim with dolphins ... he sleeps in his bathing suit.

0328_makewish_dolphin_EX

A family member tells TMZ, 6-year-old Enzo -- who suffers from leukemia -- has conquered his initial disappointment and is now focusing on his upcoming swim sesh with real-life dolphins.

We're told Enzo not only sleeps in his bathing suit -- but when he's awake, he spends a huge chunk of his free time learning to swim ... all to make his new wish a reality.

TMZ previously reported, Ina has officially REVERSED her refusal to see the kid ... after twice denying his request for a meet-up -- claiming she plans to call him today.

As of the time this story was published, Enzo's family had not heard anything from Ina.

TheHOLETruth

To hell with that fat bitch...

rosanne

I can put my anger away and at the same time I will forget watching the Barefoot Contessa. Her recipes are filthy rich in grease (like combining a stick of butter plus the oil from frying the bacon).
Ina should realize that it isn't only the money that counts but also her compassion. Enzo, take care and have fun.

CC

Make-A-Wish needs to get at least 3 wishes from these kids to minimize the chance of rejection. While Ina should have made time to at least have the kid visit her I'm a true believer that she shouldn't be forced into it. I find it hard to believe after the first rejection that the family members didn't encourage Enzo to follow another dream and someone in their family was vengeful enough to bring this to the media's attention. Sounds like a nice group of people to me. An no I'm not picking on Enzo because he is indeed the innocent bystander in this situation. Bottom line is all this could have been averted if Make-A-Wish solicited multiple wishes from the kids up front.

jb

F INA!!! TOO LITTLE TOO LATE! NOW SHE'S ONLY DOING IT BECAUSE OF THE BAD PUBLICITY! I STILL WON'T WATCH HER SHOW, BUY HER BOOKS OR HER PRODUCTS! WHAT A BITCH!

Bryan

Because this kid is a celeb till she dies soon.

CW

She's got some superiority complex it appears. Her staff should have insisted she take this request as something very special and not beneath her as she appears to have done. I don't believe she didn't know about it, and to my mind, is making things worse blaming staff. Why would she have dumb people working for her? I doubt she is trying to get in touch with anybody. "Just too busy for him."

mike507mn@yahoo.com

Everyone makes mistakes including everyone who posts here on TMZ.... The first request by Enzo's mom through the make-a-wish to meet Ina's was turned down by a staffer not Ina herself.... The second request was also turned down by a staffer who probably didn't know about the first request or forgot about Enzo's orginal request that was made 3 years earlier.... Ina is no dummy, she probably had a talk with her staff and let them know that this was a poor decision.

But lets face facts here, something isn't adding up.... Enzo's mother made the request to meet Ina through the make-a-wish foundation not Enzo.... Its also very possible that Enzo's mother is a big fan of Ina and she made Enzo watch the show because she wouldn't let Enzo turn the t.v. channel!.... I doubt Enzo became a fan of Ina on his own, although now he is a supposedly a fan of Ina.... But who LEAKED the story to TMZ?.... It was Enzo's mom! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!! Enzo's mom sounds like a card!

I will forgive Ina's staffers on this one, unlike many of you who can't forgive.... If I was Ina though, I would remind my staff that anymore boneheaded decision will cost them their jobs.... I sent an email to Sinead@BarefootContessa.com last Friday requesting Ina meet with Enzo and that I was refusing to watch the show until this wrong was corrected.... Today, I sent another email letting them know they made the right decision.

Look none of us are perfect, we all need turn our own negatives into positives.... Finally, instead of turning this into a witch hunt against Ina ask yourself this question.... When is the last time any of you volunteered your time to a worthy cause?.... If you haven't volunteered lately or at all, then get off your butt and make a difference yourself. You might actually have fun doing it.

MoonDust

At least Enzo will swim with dolphins instead of a whale!

NoKidding

When her show came on the fn this weekend I turned it off because of what she did. Shame on Ina.. Won't watch her show ever again.

BeSerious

<<>>

Why on earth would you say that??? Make A Wish does wonderful work, and may you or your family never have need or their services. Boycott the Barefoot Contessa. The family has not heard from her???? What is that about? SHAME ON HER. And Enzo, that little sweety, reminds me so much of my son at his age, sleeping in his bathing suit. Enzo, if your family reads this, you ROCK. God bless, praying for your healing, and enjoy swimming with dolphins, something I've never done!!!! Go, Enzo, GO!

BeSerious

Posted at 8:02 PM on Mar 28, 2011 by CC

CC, when one becomes successful, it does not hurt to take time out to pay it forward and help those less fortunate than you, especially a 6yo boy who watched your show resting from his chemo treatments. There are 365 days in a year, and they asked her twice. I would be soooooo humbled and flattered if a small child asked to spend any amount of time with me as his wish. He wanted to cook a MEAL, not move in with her for a month. And Make-A-Wish pays for the flights and arrangements and I'm sure would have worked with HER schedule, if she had the slightest desire to do this.

Peter

I feel for the kid and that celeb cook should have granted a dying kid a wish but swimming with Dolphins should be banned. The Cove is an award winning do***entary about Dolphins. Please do not pay to swim with Dolphins. I wish TMZ would take this opportunity to educate it's readers on the reality of supporting swimming with Dolphins. I think if most people knew the truth or watched The Cove they would not pay to swim with Dolphins.

bosox406

make a wish foundation attempts to bully people into agreeing to things. who says ina or anyone else has to meet someone? i don't get it. she's busy. she said no. end of story. the child doesn't have a right to meet her or anyone else. and if she doesn't want to do it, she shouldn't be shamed into it by make a wish foundation or the press. ridiculous.

AngieB

I hope Enzo has a great time. Ina.....who?

Kristal

Awesome for Enzo. I hope he can also still cook with mike Symone and Beau
Keep us posted
Thank you Make a wish for the wish that you granted me as a child and granting the wish for all children that need a little happiness in their life