'Dancing' Star Pulls MAJOR Strings for VIP Guest

3/28/2011 6:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Maksim Chmerkovskiy isn't just "making time" for a "Dancing with the Stars" fan who's going through cancer treatment -- he's hooking her up with the experience of a lifetime ... TMZ has learned.

Maksim Chmerkovskiy

Sources connected to the production tell us Maksim had been furiously trying to set up the perfect evening for a special VIP guest ... asking for front row seats for tonight's show along with special backstage passes ... and now we've learned there's a reason he's so motivated.

We're told a friend of Maksim's informed the dancer about a woman who was having a really tough time with recent cancer treatments -- and she happened to be a fan of the show. So Maksim sprung into action, instantly trying to do everything he could to help get her mind off the pain.

Of course, Maksim came through -- and the woman is all set for a night she'll never forget.

Amazing how some people find time for the things that matter.

0328_dwts_footer

mike

Now Maksim has such class and my deepest congratulations to Maksim and Dancing with the stars, job well done....maybe the cook with no shoes will learn what it takes to show such class....well done

Dee

TMZ now will be accepting any requests for children or adults in cancer treatment or remission for their celebrity wish.
Call 888-847-9869. They have all the contacts and will be able to help you each through your personal tough times....

Sarah

Seriously love this man -
He's an absolutely gorgeous person both on the outside and on the inside. It's so refreshing to read a story like this :)

pk

What a heartwarming story! Nice to hear something positive about a celebrity for a change.

walterplans

Great post!

- trampoline

Cujeaux

For the publicity? You really think he would go out of his way, use time and energy for someone else to look good? (YES) REALLY? (YES) Can't we just celebrate the fact that a celebrity did something good for another person for a change...why spend energy being a hater?

Posted at 3:19 PM on Mar 28, 2011 by Morgan
______________________________________________________________

It sounds like a rush job to me. Last year there were grumblings about his additude and now there's talk he made a crack about Kristie Allie's weight. What better way to garner praise ans sweep it under the carpet, esp. in light of the Flintstone Foot fiasco?

Hairyelf

I respect Max big time for this. Is it for publicity or because it hit a personal mark with him, it doesn't matter. The main thing to do is send best wishes and prayers to the lady having the treatment and hope tonight helps in bringing up her spirits.

Cherie

WHO THE HELL CARES??? Boring news lately on this site!

Chicagoray

Sure puts that fat slob gluttonous chef who gave that young sick child the Orca Shaft.. fat ho.

Chicagoray

Sure puts that fat slob gluttonous chef who gave that young sick child the Orca Shaft to pure and simple shame .. fat, greedy ho. I don't care how much 'she's done for other sick folk" that's part of the 'job' (lololol) of being a celebrity. Pig

Scudrunner51

See, there are nice people in Holly-Woodie!

Denise

I myself just got back from Chemotherapy, I am also fighting Cancer. I have always been a big fan of Max's, because of how DAMN FINE he is (HE IS SO HOT!!) , but now the REAL MAX comes out, I have always been a good judge of people. She is a very lucky lady. I also know what it is like to have a dream come true. My dream was to always visit New York and last year after saving every penny for two years, I took my 19 and 22 year old kids to New York. We saw my New York Yankees, went to see The Lion King on Broadway, went to the MET, Central Park, Time Square ( I am still in awe of Time Square) and did the 2 day double decker bus tour of Harlem, Brooklyn and all over New York City, It was the coolest thing I have or will ever do.

New York was amazing, and I would love to go back some day....

Julie

Good on you, Maks!

Howie

Way to go, Maksim!

Rafaelle Zuccaro, lowlife bigot, where are you on this story?

katsie

Maks, you're the epitome of class, elegance, and kindness. Your actions speak volumes about the compassionate human being you are. The best!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments