'Dancing' Star Pulls MAJOR Strings for VIP Guest

3/28/2011 6:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Maksim Chmerkovskiy isn't just "making time" for a "Dancing with the Stars" fan who's going through cancer treatment -- he's hooking her up with the experience of a lifetime ... TMZ has learned.

Maksim Chmerkovskiy

Sources connected to the production tell us Maksim had been furiously trying to set up the perfect evening for a special VIP guest ... asking for front row seats for tonight's show along with special backstage passes ... and now we've learned there's a reason he's so motivated.

We're told a friend of Maksim's informed the dancer about a woman who was having a really tough time with recent cancer treatments -- and she happened to be a fan of the show. So Maksim sprung into action, instantly trying to do everything he could to help get her mind off the pain.

Of course, Maksim came through -- and the woman is all set for a night she'll never forget.

Amazing how some people find time for the things that matter.

0328_dwts_footer

Jake

Small gestures have an enormous effect in this world. Maksim should be commended for not forgetting his fans. Props.

Linda

# 14 My prayers are with you. I also have a brother that is geting chemo for leukemia . I also had Cancer 30 years ago and my parents were told I had 6 mo. Keep having Faith you to will recover.

Linda

There Should be more people like this in the world. Cancer is hard for the patient and the family. Its nice this person will be able to enjoy DWTS and get away from the treatment and the worry of it all even just for a day.

Linda

Im sorry I said #14 I mean 42 My prayers are with you.

details

The love and compassion of his actions are uplifting. This is a heart warming story. May his good will spread endlessly.

Kathy

So happy to hear Max did that. He is my favorite on Dancing with the Stars.

Laura

This guy is beautiful outside and inside. Love him!!!

buc

good for you max...with some prayers, your unselfishness, and a little hard work and luck...YOU are going to win this season...best of luck, buddy

Steve

That's great!! Way too gooooooo!!!!

If sense were common everyone would have it.

Good for her. I hope she has the time of her life. Kudos to Maksim.

Jolena

Way to go Max! I am a cancer survivor and I am sure many other survivors are shedding a tear for one of our own who has their dream come true. God bless you and your giving nature Max

Areader

God Bless you Maks!

s82a1a

Good job man!

Karen

This should teach that jacked up Ina how to treat a fan. Ina is a no class person.

KicksandGiggles

The poor woman has gone thru enough so please have her turn her head when Wendy Williams gets up to dance!!

Not Wendy Hatin' but dancing is just not her thing!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments