'Dancing' Star Pulls MAJOR Strings for VIP Guest

3/28/2011 6:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Maksim Chmerkovskiy isn't just "making time" for a "Dancing with the Stars" fan who's going through cancer treatment -- he's hooking her up with the experience of a lifetime ... TMZ has learned.

Maksim Chmerkovskiy

Sources connected to the production tell us Maksim had been furiously trying to set up the perfect evening for a special VIP guest ... asking for front row seats for tonight's show along with special backstage passes ... and now we've learned there's a reason he's so motivated.

We're told a friend of Maksim's informed the dancer about a woman who was having a really tough time with recent cancer treatments -- and she happened to be a fan of the show. So Maksim sprung into action, instantly trying to do everything he could to help get her mind off the pain.

Of course, Maksim came through -- and the woman is all set for a night she'll never forget.

Amazing how some people find time for the things that matter.

0328_dwts_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

clb

Good for Maks! His sweet and fun side has come out this year and I think he and Kirstie will win that trophy.

clb

Maks sweet and fun side has come out this year. I think he and Kirstie will win DWTS this year!

Sloane

all the comparisons here with Ina Garten are justified in my mind

Maksim is THE MAN!

Shell

Love, love, love Maks. He is such a good guy with a big heart!

lil red

omg!!! go lisa!!!
there talking about my cousin lisas whos battling cancer... lova ya

cari

Maksim is a class act! Anyone who knows his background and history as a young man knows why he was so driven to do this. The guy knows of pain and facing death. It's only by a miracle that he is even able to walk! The fact that he is the best dancer on the show is unbelievable and an even bigger miracle! Go Maksim!! You have a heart bigger than the ego they keep throwing at you on the show!

steve

What a great story !!! His great act of kindness, made that woman feel fantastic!.. I dont even watch the show but maybe he should visit that chef over on the cooking channel!!!!!!

smilingwidley

How can so many people be such sour grapes - thinking this is just a publicity stunt or some other obscure reason for doing this???? too many self righteous people out there.

Dennis Johnson

This is a great story,I love it.

Judy

I LOVE Maks! What a sweetheart. And he is GORGEOUS!

Sandra

Way to go Maksim!!!

chicagannie

Maksim...not just another pretty face. What a nice guy!

Rina

Maks is a lovely person. My mom and I saw him at Nordstroms and he took the time to say hi to us and to give my mom a hug and chat with her for awhile.
He is a class act!!!!!

Delona

What a wonderful thing to do. He is a very special person. Most people just care about their self & their wants.

patti tutwiler

1st of all "PUHP", mAX IS A REAL AMN WITH A BIG HEART! NO PUBLICITY STUNTS!! THAT IS MY NIECE THAT HAS SEVERE COLON CANCER! He made a dream come true for her and I thank him from the bottom of my heart, A celebrity with a great heart, labeled as an attention ... for publicity! That was a terrible comment being she is my neicce and lost her mom, my sister with cancer when she was a child!! He does a fantastic thing for her and YOU TRY TO MAKE IT INTO A BAD THING "PUHP", WHO COMMENTED ABOVE! WE ARE GOING THROUGH SO MUCH WITH THIS, AND PEOPLE LIKE YOU JUST WANT ATTENTION: SHAME ON YOU DUDE! AND THANKS MAXSIM AGAIN. YOU MADE HER SO HAPPY. IT IS THE TALK OF THE DAY FOR HER EVERYDAY. She is having CHEMO again on Tuesday. She just messaged me. The pics of you two, well I, as her aunt she how happy you made her MAX!!!!! Thank you, and don't ever let idiots tell you different, you have a huge heart. Thanks again!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6