Sean Penn

Settles Paparazzi Lawsuit

3/28/2011 1:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sean Penn's paparazzi attack case is now over and out -- almost a year after Sean plead no contest to vandalism ...  TMZ has learned Penn and the pap have settled the photog's civil suit.

0328-sean-penn-ex-tmz-01-credit
Penn got 36 months probation and was ordered to perform 300 hours of community service stemming from an incident where he kicked a photog who was trying to film him.

The photog filed a civil suit, claiming he suffered a knee injury as a result of Penn's attack.

Both sides signed the settlement docs today. No word on how much  Penn had to shell out.

kp

right, I am sure he is injured for life

lynnette

Should have kicked him harder!

artie help

penn is an angry lil tree hugging fool, narcissist, and general all around jerk-off

Buckaroobonzai

They should pass a law saying any photog who comes within 20 feet of a celeb gives that celeb the right to kick the crap out of them. That would force the photog to run away when chased. would make for great reality tv

billkill

lol this is funny btw, I just got a $829.99 iPad 3G 64GB for only $88.37 and my mom also grabbed a $1499.99 HDTV for only $251.92, they are both coming with FED-EX tomorrow. I would be an idiot to ever pay full retail prices at places like Walmart or bestbuy. I sold a 37" HDTV to my boss for $60...0 that I only paid $78.24 for. I use SnagBids.com

MIDNIGHT TOKER

has penn done his comm service yet..300 hours is a lot of service..bet he didnt do it all

frankentit

Sean Penn should gay marry Mike Vick... now that would be funny!

penn should m

lili

Penn's a cool guy. Had the right to kick. Can you imagine being followed around with those cameras? Did a great job.

Californiadesi

Leave these poor paparazzi alone.They are just trying to earn
a living and what a tough way to earn a living!

mrspatrickcampbell

Sean looks so tiny.....how tall is sean, for real?

Caroline

Penn is a little guy - short, I mean. Never noticed that before -

Skydancer

Sean should have kicked him harder.

Rafaelle Zuccaro

Why not send this piece of crap down to his Venezuelan Buddy, Chavez?? Maybe he could convert Chavez to his Judaism and bring him back to Hollywood, where he would feel right at home!!!

Rick

The paparazzi are out of control. I know that we support them in a way because they are getting us what we want on the celebrities but they go to far. Every time I hear of a celebrity fighting back or attacking them I always root for the celebrity. The paparazzi are to in your face and to invasive with what they do. If a celebrity asks to be left alone the paparazzi takes that as to mean hound me even more or get in my face even more and I just don't agree with that. Like the whole Britney stuff. The night they caught the pic of her sitting on the curb holding her little dog crying I think they went to far and posted that they should just leave her alone and stop hounding her or there was gonna be another Princess Diana incident on their hands. What did they do? Snapped away instead of doing the right thing and trying to help her. Celebrities should be aloud to fight back with any means possible to get the paparazzi to leave them alone and keep their distance. I know being a celebrity pretty much means giving up your privacy but when is too much too much? Yes we want to know what is going on in their lives but the paparazzi goes too far and they need to back off.

bboy

some photog's deserve to get kicked in @ss

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments