Sly Stallone

I'm Getting My 'Cobra' Car Back!

3/30/2011 8:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

After 17 years apart, Sylvester Stallone will finally be reunited with the legendary classic car featured in his movie "Cobra" ... after it was stolen out of his garage back in 1994 ... TMZ has learned.

0329_sylvester_stallone_EX_TMZ_01

We broke the story -- in 2009, Sly learned his custom built 1950 Mercury was about to be auctioned off by a company that provides "on-camera vehicles" for movies.

Sly never directly accused the company of stealing his ride ... he just wanted the damn thing back -- so he filed a lawsuit to regain possession.

Now, TMZ has learned, Stallone and the company reached a settlement ... under which Sly will regain ownership of the whip ... estimated to be worth more than $250,000.

It's unclear if any money changed hands ... but who cares, Sly's getting his "Cobra" car back!!!

0330_stallone_cobra_footer

Paul Gozzo

So, you could say, "Sly is WINNING"?

Marlyn

if the car was indeed stolen- why wasn't the person who took it ever arrested- that was a crime- why is Sly paying to get it back?? doesn't make sense

Muppet

Sylvester Stallone has done alot of charity work. He took part in the charity telethon for victims of 911 and he's also supports the pediatric eplilepsy project. He's given alot to various charities. If he wants to indulge himself a bit with the money he's earned, good for him.

Puckett

The perfect whip for Sly. It's so ugly it makes him look good.

Don't forget to reimburse the insurance company too, Sly... it was insured, wasn't it?

And $250K is a laughable auction estimate for the Cobra movie car, just like the movie was.

LongJohn69

Damn.....would I look cool in THAT ride, or what?

Puckett

I was just checking out the 1986 movie poster for "Cobra" and whew... the cars aged a lot better then Stallone has! The car's still fugly as hell but it always was. Not the case for Stallone. The years have not been kind to him, at all. It used to be that Stallone was the good looking one, now it's the car.

Carvey

Like the car. Actually liked the movie. But Sly, lose the cigar. Arnold and Sly both think of themselves as spokesmen for healthy living yet both do steroids and both publicly smoke cigars. Personally I think guys who smoke cigars secretly want something which resembles a cigar in their mouth and that cigar is just a subconscious tell.

jus-sayin

nice ride!!!

Jeff

crime is a disease, Im the cure

Sly
Cobra

Paul Gozzo

So, you could say, "Sly is WINNING"?

saywhat?

I agree that the car is not the best looking but happy for SS to get it back after so many years. I hate it when ppl steal from me!

OLDDOG

Wow! I hate to call some of you ignorant. But some of you are just ignorant. Hey it's just a car and if you can get lots of money for it then go for it. Is it an ugly car? Yes and I like it. It is old? Yes and I like it. It's unique. As for Stallone, hey he doesn't bother me, and I don't bother him.

Tammy

Why would he need to file suit?! If the car was stolen, once he knew where the car was, he should've informed the cops, who'd then confiscate it and returned it to it's rightful owner. Well, that's how it works in the world of us ordinary people.

Sandra

Never was fan and don't care!!!

D

#2 and #7 agree! It is a badass classic. I'd love to own it but it wouldn't fit in my garage! If you go to car shows, this is a car that you'd see there.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments