Sly Stallone

I'm Getting My 'Cobra' Car Back!

3/30/2011 8:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

After 17 years apart, Sylvester Stallone will finally be reunited with the legendary classic car featured in his movie "Cobra" ... after it was stolen out of his garage back in 1994 ... TMZ has learned.

0329_sylvester_stallone_EX_TMZ_01

We broke the story -- in 2009, Sly learned his custom built 1950 Mercury was about to be auctioned off by a company that provides "on-camera vehicles" for movies.

Sly never directly accused the company of stealing his ride ... he just wanted the damn thing back -- so he filed a lawsuit to regain possession.

Now, TMZ has learned, Stallone and the company reached a settlement ... under which Sly will regain ownership of the whip ... estimated to be worth more than $250,000.

It's unclear if any money changed hands ... but who cares, Sly's getting his "Cobra" car back!!!

0330_stallone_cobra_footer

Cujeaux

That's the ugliest car I've ever seen. There's no way that battleship is worth a quarter mil.

john5oregon

LOL @ #1. I'm curious if you've actually /seen/ "Cobra" but that's beside the point. It's actually a pretty badass ride. You mean to tell me you wouldn't own it? :-P

Cujeaux

^ Don't be silly - Of course I haven't seen "Cobra." Does the 'popularity' of the film make that jalopy more valuable? From what I can see it needs a paint job, detail and new suspension - and that's just for starters. It's as old as Sly.

Stiletto

Yeah great...now instead of someone getting to actually enjoy it, steroid disfigured Rocky can park it in his garage where a staff member will dust it once a month and Bimbo's awaiting their Sly protein shake might get a chance to touch it.

CriticAl

Why was there never a Cobra sequel? Marion Cobretti is the man!

Swede

I loved Stallone in "Rocky", the best movie ever...

puhp's comments makes me facepalm big time. Obviously you don't know much about cars so why make a fool out of yourself?

MIDNIGHT TOKER

I think it is closer to 25,000....

who dat

"Go ahead, I don't shop here".

PT

No one should have to pay for having their titled property returned. If anyone should pay, it's the other party for purchasing something the seller did not have clear title to. Cops - put down the doughnuts and go catch some perps.

esq777

The Middle East is on fire, Japan is imploding, but it's all good because Sly is getting his Cobra back.

kp

That little shimp, could that old man see over the steering wheel to drive or does he need a wife 1/2 his age to drive for him.

Anya

perfect fugly car for a fugly man

anony

Cobra is so bad you can't help but watch it if you come across it on cable.
Last time I saw it, I was seriously considering if it was a parody.

CN

This Man needs to get involved in Human Charity and Helping Others..He worries about money and THINGS, cars..What a waste..His cobra wont get him into HEAVEN..His Life is Money..very sad..He is lost in the world

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments