Lindsay D.A.:

Selling Surveillance Tape

Means Nothing

3/31/2011 4:23 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The prosecutor in the Lindsay Lohan case tells TMZ ... the fact that the alleged victim/jeweler may be selling views of the surveillance video online will have no bearing on the criminal trial.

0330_lindsay_lohan_danette_kamofie_EX_tmz_2
Danette Meyers tells TMZ ...she isn't fazed by Kamofie & Company purportedly selling views of the video for $2.99 a pop.

Meyers says, "The issue is whether Lindsay stole the necklace, period."

Meyers believes the defense will try and take advantage of the online sale, but she says, "That will just add around 30 minutes to cross examination.  That's it."

Meyers doesn't think the jewelers' credibility will be harmed by the $2.99 deal.  Lindsay has said the necklace was a loan and she didn't steal it.  Meyers says it gets back to the issue, If she didn't steal it, "Why then did Lindsay return the necklace to the police?"

And sources say the owners of Kamofie & Company "got a raw deal" and haven't seen a penny of profits from the sale of the video, at least not yet.  The sources say the owners were taken advantage of, and the contracts they made for the sale of the tape are now being reviewed by lawyers.

PRO US

@jamie, Post #6: "fazed? Where did you people learn to spell?????"

Posted at 12:30 PM on Mar 31, 2011 by Jamie

They learned how to spell in a school. "Fazed" is a word. To faze someone means to cause that someone to lose composure.

Before you trash others for not spelling things properly, perhaps you'd be better off if you consulted a dictionary?

RICK RODRIGUEZ

Of course trying to make a profit off the video goes to the credibility of the alleged victim. It may only add 30 minutes to the cross examination but anything more than 30 seconds will place doubt in the mind of the judge/jury. Finally, to the question of why Lindsay returned the necklace to the police if it were not stolen: If the store had called Lindsay for the necklace, she would have returned it. The fact that it was reported stolen makes it obligatory that you contact the police and turn it into them. In addition, why did it take so long for the store to claim the necklace as stolen? Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending Lindsay. All I am saying is that I know a cash grab when I see one.

Puckett

"If a celebrity ripped me off for thousands of dollars and then trashed me in the press you bet I'd sell the footage of that celebrity ripping me off. This will have no bearing on whether she is guilty or not.

Posted at 12:46 PM on Mar 31, 2011 by Crabbey"

---

Your right it will have no bearing on whether she is guilty or not. But it does have the potential to taint the Jury pool to the point that they are now outside of their comfort zone in declaring her "Guilty beyond a reasonable doubt".

And that's all it takes to get an acquittal at trial.

As Sunny mentioned above, ideally as a prosecutor you want to select a jury that knows as little as possible about the case prior to trial. If jurors have already seen key pieces of critical evidence before they've even been tapped for jury duty, then they have likely already formed their own opinions about the evidence out of context. That makes it an uphill battle to put the evidence back into context for the jury. It could favor the prosecution, or it could favor the defense.

I'm really looking forward to seeing this go to a jury trial.

You silly dolts can sit here and speculate about what's going to happen all you want, but the truth is you don't have a clue what's really going to happen at trial.

I for one won't be wasting my day spouting off about it like Davey Boy will to the point of ad nauseum as if it matters. One simple comment is enough. If you disagree whatever...

Rocco

Good luck Lindsay. You're going to beat this. Keep up the good work, kiddo.

sean

Despite the new team trollhan theme today..Selling and showing the tape I will only help the case as it shows Lindsaylohan and Patrick distracting and confusing the vulnerable young store owner,that they had identified as (weak) during her earlier visits,will he say he did not hear a verbal agreement being made??And I do not think he is the guy Adam Case that broke into BFC drunk the night LiLO assaulted Dawn Holland. The video release will come with a written copy from the witness/victim it will be her first hand testimony of the whole 42 minute video,and will have the store owners play by play commentary of the encounter(Including the salesperson frantically searching for the necklace) as we view it from the 4 different camera angles.Team Lohan will Smear and besmirch and attempt to discredit the store owners and the site but,I bet if the site makes millions the Lohans will claim it's because Lindsaylohan is world famous and has millions of fans??

sean

Pro us sounds like Delmar who thinks she is so educated ,What a joke with your handle implying that you take no sides an are unbiased..Unless US = Team Trollhan..since you arrived you have added nothing to the conversation but useless drivel.Yea just like a Lohan to spew Hate and contempt upon the average folks..

The Lowhans are a bunch of fuchking low life degenerates paying bloggers and creating sock puppet posters.Dina is going to have her minor kids taken away this summer...more to be revealed SOON...Sounds like thecrock has been eliminated from the(Info) war.Great job troops ,winning the battle of hearts and minds one post at a time....sean

Posted at 12:13 PM on Mar 31, 2011 by sean

Big Daddy

Rut Roh Lindsay !!!

Hello is anybody in there?

37# That a LOL "Keep up the good work" You mean by getting drunk/high,being a pathological lair and stealing? Then go right ahead Lindsey "keep" up the good work for humanity.

Pony Princess

Of course, the only people who believed it hurt the store's reputation are:

- Nicole
- therock
- John Smith
- FriedofLindsay
- Pony Princess
- Susan
- Delmar
- Puckett

Everyone that wasn't a member of the Trollhan Tribe knew this was just TMZ stirring the pot, but few cared.

Davey Boy
You are really sad to group me in with FOL, Nicole, and most of the others. They routinely argue about LINNOCENCE, which I never have.
I have also never said that I believed the tape's sale or viewing hurt the prosecution.
I think you should pay more attention to the posts, than to make invalid assumptions based on me not being a hater.
I have said before, I will be happy (in other words accept it and go on with MY life) regardless of the outcome of this trial. If LL gets a fair trial and is able to exercise her constitutional rights as a citizen of the US then that is all that matters to me. If she had taken the plea, she would have had to GIVE UP her constitutional rights. I doubt that this was the reason she did it, but more power to those who want to go to trial instead of pleading. The end result, probably, is if she is found guilty, she will likely serve more time than if she plead.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

What kind of loser would even buy the stupid tape,well except for a few morons on here I sure cant think of any

t

oh wow, seems kinda harsh. seems it says everything about their character with all of this shady behavior.

Fran

That sucks about Tom, darn ABC....who was the lucky one to talk to Danette Myers? Is she really as scary as she seems?

Pimpcessa

I don't blame the owners for getting anything they an from LiLo's thievery. They are merely trying to make lemonade from the lemon known as Lindsay!

john smith

Right on Pony, no one should be bullied into taking a plea, she has the right to a trial of her peers.

Davey Boy

Your such an tool....

Posted at 12:59 PM on Mar 31, 2011 by Puckett

~~~

When MiLo hates on me, it positively makes my week. I know I've arrived as an acting member of the Anti-Lindsay LOHAN Team Captain.