Charlie Sheen's Chicago Show Still a Go

4/3/2011 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Despite the disaster in Detroit last night, Charlie Sheen is moving on to Chicago for tonight's performance ... sources connected with the show tell TMZ.

0403_charlie_sheen_ex_1
The way Charlie's people see it ... it was just "one group of unruly people who started booing, and it became a mob-mentality situation."

One source groused, "They wouldn't even let him finish a story," adding, "It wasn't all bad and we're looking forward to Chicago."

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

Dennis Ryan

Charlie, YOU blew it. Now 2-1/2 won't even think of taking you back !! Winner !!!

AgentBlonde

Charlie, I'm told you read TMZ, and I'm sorry the tour has gotten off to a rocky start. With some fine-tuning, I am sure you can turn this ship around and bring down every house on the schedule.

I would like to address my own poor "performance" at the 11/12/10 TAAHM taping. Since we had met about a month prior, and I had tweeted to a "MrCSheen," I was sure I could catch your eye. My bright idea was to get up and dance in front of the crowd. When I saw you reclining down on stage and waved at you from the balcony, you seemed very enthusiastic as you waved back. This did not go over well with the very queeny emcee. He either thought I was overstepping my bounds, or maybe has an unrequited gay crush.

Thinking it would make the emcee and the audience laugh, when he asked me what kind of dance I was going to do, I said, "Slutty!" The emcee paused, made the ugliest, most disgusted facial expression possible, and repeated angrily, "Slutty!" This would not have been apparent from the stage below. He could have been lighthearted and amused, when instead, his reaction turned the crowd against me; you could have heard a pin drop. As silent disapproval washed over me, I felt my heart fly out of my chest, my blood turn ice cold, and my body suddenly felt like a block of lead. Oh, and it also felt like I'd been punched in the stomach, with all gravity pushing down upon my shoulders.

Suddenly petrified, I could not dance worth a sh*t, and in my panic began complaining about the music, which was a rap song I didn’t recognize. FWIW, I do appreciate some popular rap music. Anyway, the emcee saw that I was choking and did everything he could to make it worse; throwing out his microphone stand as if it would make for a good pole to dance on, encouraging me to dance with a very young guy who was not interested due to my total loss of confidence, anything to keep me from focusing my attention back on the stage at the sexy man still relaxing there, which would have helped me regain my ability to dance seductively.

Needless to say, I think I would have been better off staying in my seat and waving at the end of the show. As it was, when the emcee had everyone who danced stand up to see who "won," I got a very tepid, polite applause. The farking c*nt emcee then very smugly said, "Not. Very. Good." He's lucky I'm not as sue-crazy as most of the general public seems to be . . . so are Audiences Unlimited, Warner Brothers and CBS. An emcee’s job should be to make the event as fun as possible for all audience members, not act bitchy and humiliate whomever he chooses on a whim.

I am close to finishing my first script for Austin Film Festival, pursuing voiceover work, and know that I'm a vivacious, attractive woman--something that bitch@$$ emcee only wishes he could be. When next I see Charlie, I hope to get a big smile, a hug, and who knows? :) Love, Blizz Blonde

katbla

This is what happens, Charlie, when you surround yourself with enablers and "yes" men. Your real friends will tell you the truth. Apparently, without awesome writers and an awesome ensemble, you aren't so funny.

kcmildcat

How is Charlie getting ready for his world class world tour? Check out the fact-based “Day in the Life of Charlie Sheen” on The Loop Now. You’ll be glad you did.
theloopnow.com/?p=7191

Jennifer

I was at Charlies show last night at the Fox in Detroit. The whole crowd was not booing when he decided to walk off stage. There was a few that were and he became aggravated and left. If anything the show struggled but ppl were def still cheering him on. I was disappointed that it ended the way it did but what are you going to do. He made a few smug comments "i already got ur money dude" and "isnt detroit population down to 5000? It seems you are all here tonight" I dont know how he thought that would go over. The crowd was mainly older and they didnt think it was funny. I myself am 30 and had a decent time. I would go again! Detroit is a ruff crowd...

jo

why is he a dog killer? what did he do

go4it

Actors are puppets...without the writer's words they are Charlie Sheen sweating bullets on stage . He thinks he's funny his paid posse say he's funny. He's not without the words of a writer.

Lori

Oh...too funny, made me laugh! This is EXACTLY what Chuckles should do on stage...the Monty Python Black Knights schtick!.
THIS IS HIS WHOLE LIFE IN A NUTSHELL (literally a "nut" shell:)

"However, even at this the Knight refuses to stand aside, insisting "'Tis but a scratch", later insisting that "I've had worse," and fights on while holding his sword with his remaining arm. Next his right arm is cut off, but the knight still does not concede. As the Knight is literally disarmed, Arthur assumes the fight is over and kneels to offer a prayer to God. The Black Knight interrupts Arthur's prayer of thanks for his victory by kicking him in the side of the head and accusing him of cowardice. When Arthur points out the Black Knight's injuries, the Knight insists "It's just a flesh wound!". In response to the continued kicks and insults, Arthur chops off the Black Knight's right leg. At this point, the Knight still will not admit to defeat, instead he replies by saying, "Right, I’ll do you for that," and attempts to lean his body on Arthur's body, by hopping on his left leg. Arthur is extremely annoyed at The Black Knight's persistence, and angrily asks the Black Knight if he is going to "bleed on me". The Black Knight replies by saying, "I'm invincible!", to which Arthur replies "You're a loony!". Arthur finally cuts off the left leg, too. After severing all four of the Knight's Limbs, The Knight says that they should "call it a draw." Arthur then puts his sword away and summons Patsy and "rides" away, leaving the Black Knight to scream threats at him ("Come back here you yellow bastards! I'll bite your legs off!"), whereupon the scene fades out."

Lori

Oh and AgentBLUH? Didn't you say your were going to "close" LAST NIGHT? Close already and go write the "The Crackhead Chronicles" somewhere else.
Chuckles is not going to call and leave a special message on your tin foil hat no matter how many times you post that crap...go back to school, work, the bunny ranch.

ksis

why is he a dog killer? what did he do

Posted at 11:17 AM on Apr 3, 2011 by jo

**************

Nothing. LOL That's the funny thing. Some just love believing the worst about people, sold by TMZ.

matthew

i was at the show lastnite in Detroit.....besides that weak warm up act whoever that was...the show started off strong when charlie came out..standing ovation detroit showed him love...then it got a little bumpy...when things started to get worst is when u sent a white rapper out on stage witch sent alot of people heading 4 the door..then right after he rana Snopp video and then the lights came on..i was like he gave up on the evening and disa[[ointed alot of people that paid good money to come see that..i stuck around to see how bad it was goin to get. he might want to call it THE CRASH AND BURN TOUR...i can see ur first night of a show u have to see what works and what dont and the followin night u make changes...I REALLY HOPE 2NITES SHOW IN CHICAGO GOES MUCH BETTER 4 HIM..HE MIGHT WANT TO BRING THE GODDESS BACK OUT WHEN THINGS START TO CRASH LIKE IT DID LAST NITE..SOMETHING HE MIGHT WANT TO CONSIDER........BESIDES THAT DEROIT STILL LOVES CHARLIE SHEEN.................WHATS UP HARVEY

CrashAndBurn

Better send in the Gay stunt double for Chi-Town.

bonny

Charlies career is over.Its better he apologizes by Chuck Lorre,tries to cure himself in a good clinic and continues two and a half men.In Germany we are mad for this show.What he did to the dog pains me a lot,if only it´s true.

Kat55

Charlie is delusional. All kinds of promises that there would be "Snoop Dog and Kid Rock" at the show (which they were not---very wise on their part). The show started late with a comedian that was ok but it started late and the crowd was getting unruly. Charlie kept us waiting another 40 minutes for makeup and a change of clothes (45 min's give me a break). And than his bits were too long and not funny, too many clips and they were better than he was. Bad sound and poor planning. The crowd was kind for his poor performance

Gman

People, it's showbiz. Do you really not know how this game is played? Your comments prove how obsessed you all are about stupid ****. He, and TMZ, just fuel your misguided obsession. Go back to sleep.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7